Jubjub re-vamp

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I generally don't like the creamy white pets, but I don't hate this guy. I wish it were more like the Tuskaninny, but I can live with it.
Image Image Image
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Did anyone else notice, or have I been playing sponsor games too much, that the middle line on the electric jubjub kinda looks like that Avatar: The last airbender's arrow tattoo-thingy on his head? O.o
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Ohh, electric's all spifftacular now. I love the electric pets that have static when they're pissed.

White doesn't really bother me, but I have the overriding urge to start calling it creme. ^^

Glowing is, isn't it? At least the aura isn't a hideous four pixel layer effects stroke filter - so there's that. =D And there's a fair amount of effort that went into shading it as well - much moreso than is usual with glowing pets.

Go, whoever.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Augh white makes me feel vaguely ill. It looks like warm, spoiled milk. I can't stand it. Make it <i>white</i>, for the love of Jebus.

Other than that, yay for more color revamps that don't suck. The Jubjub is coming along nicely.
Image Image
Deku

Post by Deku »

Eugh, the white makes me sick. When I saw it on the news page I actually did think it was garlic and wondered why it wasn't looking like a garlic. Then I realised it was one of those disgusting creamy white pets. Eugh.

Shadow is nice-ish, glowing is boring. Electric is...something, not bad, not great. I like its electricity though, more electric pets should have actual electricity.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

AngharadTy wrote:Augh white makes me feel vaguely ill. It looks like warm, spoiled milk. I can't stand it.
I didn't mind it until you said THAT. Bleaurgh. It really does have that look.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Egh, I'm not big on the cream either, but it's tolerable in that it's a warm, non-blinding color. I do prefer the "silvery-gray" shadowing like zebru pointed out with the Tuskaninny or the silvery-blue (not the garish light sea-green like on the Chia) on white that some other pets have though.

I'm glad to see more "angry static sparks" on another Electric pet, and I really like the highlights on the nice dark blue feet...nice subtle touch! (The spark effect is one reason I forgave Neopets for changing the Eyrie's beak color, since it's still among my favorite 3 pet/color combos.)

Glowing is nice too, though it's nothing spectacular...that color generally isn't anything superduper anyway but does sometimes get botched, so I'm certainly not complaining with this one.

I like the shadow one, nicely done, dark but still Jubbily. :)
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

The creamy colour used for the white jubjub makes it look like some form of confectionery- meringue maybe, or ice cream, or just something covered in some sort of icing/frosting.

Electric is nice enough, and glowing is good- for glowing. I think they've done a pretty good job with the revamps of the colourfills so far, though as other people have said the white one would have been better if it was shaded with blue-grey rather than cream colours.
Neopets wishlists: here
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Glowing is glowing. You can't do much with it, I guess. It looks better just cause it's a new jubjub e_e

White, I dunno. I don't appreciate the creamy color (and that comment about it looking like warm, spoiled milk almost made me throw up ;_;), and I HATE blinding white pets, like the white chia as someone pointed out... So a nice contrast would have been better. Something like this maybe -

So yeah, don't like it. At least it's not like the white flotsam with a big ol' patch of PINK on the stomach.

And electric, I dunno. I never like electric pets, so I don't really have an opinion. It's not super electricy, I guess, but the anger pose is so great xD Maybe if they'd added another bolt or two to it's .. bottom area? Chin? (..do jubjubs really have anatomy?) but I'm glad it's not overkill like some electric pets tend to be. Or that the electric bolts aren't garishly in horrible places.

[edit] ..for example, ten seconds after I post this, the lab turned Arien into an electric OGRIN (..for the second time). See, it could have looked like THAT. That would have been bad.
TCD

Post by TCD »

That isn't white...that's pale yellow. U.U

I like electric, if only for the angry pose.

Also: My pet was zapped Jubjub the other day. He looks cuuute. For a yellow pet, anyway.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Why do they still shade glowing pets that are, by definition, giving off their own light? That is the second most irritating thing about colours for me.

The first being including green as a starter colour and thr third being the pink paintbrush.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Glowing is boring. Glowing is always boring. A fairly useless color, mmyes. White is gross ;_; I don't like the creamy-looking white pets either, I like white with grey-blue shaded ones much more. I do like the electric though. I don't care if it's not overly electric...y. As jessibeans pointed out, they don't really have anatomy, so I think it would look cluttered if they tried to add too many more bolts to it. The three bolts like that are cute. And the static angry pose IS cute XD
<3
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

I like electric (it has static cling!), glowing is good... for glowing, and shadow is nice and dark (but not too dark). :) I like how this revamp has been going so far.

But what's up with white? It reminds me of so many people calling light cream labs 'white' even though they have yellow points. >_< That's a shade of yellow, not pure white! And then some breeders charge extra for these pups because they're supposedly special. You want to see a real white dog? Look at the samoyed, maltese, or bichon.

This is closer to white:
(had to dull the orange because it didn't look as nice)

This is cream:
and thr third being the pink paintbrush.
...YES! Thank you for mentioning that, Cheese. It really pisses me off that the pink paintbrushes are what? 850,000? And instead of the artists actually getting off their asses and *creating* the color pink, they just regurgitated some of the more pale reds, called them "pink", and redrew red. Which to me, seems like more effort than just taking the time to make a decent color pink for all species. Jubjubs, unfortunately are one of the species have a "pink" colorfill, and I was hoping that the revamp would give them the real color pink instead of just faded red.
In all fairness, what do you want them to do with pink? There's not much you can do with it, except make the lenny a pink flamigo.

In additon pink is nothing more than a mixture of red and white in the first place. I don't mind them reusing those pale reds that were more like pink that way.

The only reason pink costs so much now is because of that stupid avatar. If you go by its colour alone, it's not worth that much nor should it be.
Last edited by Lakota on 17 Jun 2006 05:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I still have absolutely no desire to ever have a jubjub.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

ImageImageImage

OMG, an unhappy ghost! What has the world come to? *loves* And the circle pose is great too.

Disco is, well, disco. Striped is . . . odd. Although I'm not sure why I find it so yet, I keep going back to look at ghost again. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.