Jubjub re-vamp

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Striped has purple sideburns. o.O

Ghost is lovely. I wouldnt mind one of those.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

They managed to mess up the eyes of disco one - somehow they lost the depth, colour and shine and now they just look flat.

Love the circle pose of a ghost one :) I agree, striped looks strange...
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I'd give the artist points for the unhappy ghost-face, but I'd have to take them back for the beaten pose.

Bandaged ghosts = no, no, never, bad, lose.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
drablyar

Post by drablyar »

Wow - that's the least number of stripes yet on a striped pet (tying with the chia, but the chia would have more if we could see both sides of it).
Nacho_Diablo

Post by Nacho_Diablo »

Striped has purple sideburns. o.O
The sideburns annoy me so much... I don't know why...

I mean LOOK at it!
I just can't stand it!

Maybe because it looks like facial hair, but doesn't match the eyebrows...

Oh well, It doesnt really matter because I'll never own one.
Last edited by Nacho_Diablo on 21 Jun 2006 06:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I laid back, looked at the stars, and wondered where my roof went.
oconnka4

Post by oconnka4 »

The Ghost JJ look great - particularly soulless ;)
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I hate all disco pets, so I won't even bother. The ghost one, like a lot of people said, is lovely. I laughed when I first saw it because I thought it came out so great xD;

The striped one is really, really bothering me. I hate the 'sideburns', as people are calling it, but more so I hate the total lack of stripes OTHER than the sideburns (well and those two little ones on the bottom). In contrast to the electric pet, which I think can be overdone.. this is SUPPOSED to be striped. It probably needed more than two.
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

Ghost looks great. It has a nice solmen(sp?) expression. :)

Disco looks fine. I'm not very big on most disco pets though, so I might not be the best judge for that colour.

Striped looks weird. I know the jubjub is a small pet and because of that there's not much space to put too many stripes on. But why did they have to put them in those positions? Why didn't they just put them on closer to the middle of the pet's head or add some to the middle for more stripes? You know, like tabby cats have.

And I don't know if it's just my moniter, but the blue looks closer to being white than the blue normally used in striped pets. While I'm all for uniquely striped pets, I don't like how this looks because you can tell that the blue was intended. Geez the striped jubjub looks more white than the white jubjub!!
ethuilathelas

Post by ethuilathelas »

I, too, always thought jubjubs were a waste of cyberspace. I think the new furball babies are cute.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Hahahaha the striped Jubjub has sideburns XD That amuses me a lot for some reason. Not really good for a striped pet, I do agree that it needs probably a few more stripes, but gosh did that give me a good laugh. XD;;;

Ghost is very well done, I love ghosts with haunted expressions :D It's quite cute.

Disco is... disco. It's a standard old green and pink colorfill. >/ Boring.
<3
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Hey, TNT peoples.

THIS IS HOW YOU DO GHOST PETS.

C'mon, you've just proven you've still got it in you to make this color look at least halfway decent. Even if it's just a few subtle changes to the face (different mouth, higher eyebrows, bags under eyes) this still looks a million times better than all the happy-to-be-dead colorfill ghosts. Only thing it needs to be perfect is maybe slightly more ratty/matted looking fur.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Ghost makes me touch myself a little :oops:
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I really like the Ghost JubJub too. It's done the way I would also like to see more Ghost pets done. :D

The others *shrug* I guess I'm just not as excited even if more-than-basic-colorfill colors do take more effort.

The Striped one I also agree SHOULD have more stripes, and the "sideburn" one doesn't bug me that much...it just needs more, and maybe not such curvy lines. The only Striped pet that REALLY bugs me is the Uni. It could be SO much better if the mane and tail were lavender and the hooves and horn were gold. :P
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I would like the ghost a lot better except for the mouth on the happy pose. I just think it looks weird. Also, the beaten pose is odd with the bandages. :?
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

ImageImage

The first of the redraws - and I like it. It seems to look a great deal like Aqua's - and that can only be a good thing. =D

And pink is nice and bubblegummy, for those who like that sort of thing. ^^

So far, still so good.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.