Jubjub re-vamp

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I liked the old robot too. The design was cute. (Though I must admit I'd either forgotten or never noticed how awful the art was.) The new one... it's just weird. Those spikes on the side, and the odd cutouts on the top, and the toes, and the color - well, I just don't like it.

And purple. Didn't they say they were going to be fixing the orange spots and not adding more? Whatever happened with that? Stupid cancelled plot.
Signature by Tom
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I really like Robot.

But I really, really hate yellow.

So I guess it's just mreh by default. Shame.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

I'm disappointed in the robot. Which sucks because it's the one I've been looking foward to every day since the jubjubs started getting revamped. I wish they'd kept with the old design more, probably cause I hate this yellow. Its eyes are too realistic. It's not much of a redraw if one at all. But worst of all it's lacking weapons and lots of gears like robot pets these days have been having. It's like they've gone back to the old way of doing it. The defended pose is lacking a shield or anything robotic.

"I'm the latest technology, but I'll continue using my feet because my artist got lazy."
ImageImage
hue

Post by hue »

Wow, what have they done to the robot jubjub? It used to be cute, now its.. so ugly... I hate the color, I hate the shape, I hate everything about it, how could anyone draw such a thing
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Huggles wrote:This offends me like a fart no one is willing to claim.
*BWAHAHAHAHA* That's funnier than it really was... *composes self*

When I saw the Robot, I immediately thought, "wuddufuh?? lemme check the old poses." I liked the old one better, despite the plastic old style. WHY OH WHY couldn't they have kept it silver with spiky "hair"?? It would have still been more in-character and kept with the look at least SOMEWHAT like what people took the old one for. Agh! Geez! No! Better artistry and style, yes, but conceptually they KILLED it.

And the others...mreh. I guess those were to be expected. The ponytail is a nifty idea but does look pasted on now that you mentioned it. And was I the only one who was thinking, "hey that fur could've been amusingly substituted with luau-skirt grass!"

*saunters off still snickering at Huggles*
Lou

Post by Lou »

*runs away screaming*
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I *really* like the new robot, sheer class! I mean really, a robot that can pout?!

Genius.
Deku

Post by Deku »

hue wrote:Wow, what have they done to the robot jubjub? It used to be cute, now its.. so ugly... I hate the color, I hate the shape, I hate everything about it, how could anyone draw such a thing
My thoughts exactly :?
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

First reaction:

Island : Cute!
Purple : Good for purple I guess.
Robot: Eeeeeeeeeeeek! I actually screamed in fright when I saw it :x

Second time Jubbies have made me scream in fright since the revamp :shock:
Not all who wander are lost.
mentalfloss

Post by mentalfloss »

If I had an Island Jubjub, I'd be pissed. What a disgusting shade of green.
EofS

Post by EofS »

mentalfloss wrote:Image

If I had an Island Jubjub, I'd be pissed. What a disgusting shade of green.
*Agrees* It was one of my favourite jubjub colours before the revamp, but now... it wasn't until I saw it next to the old one that I realised how much I miss the old one. Not the outdated art of course, but the colours were so much nicer, the ponytail was better done. If it had been updated properly I'd have considered painting poor diseased Moofy as island.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Huggles wrote:I'd like Island more if they had keep the soft tan color and markings for the feet.
...What she said. My best friend's favorite pet is an Island Jubjub, she saw the revamp and she wailed about the little feet marks being gone. I liked them a lot too, but this new one is kinda cute too.

....*GASP*! AGH! A terrible thought just crossed my mind! The grey jubjub will be under the "knife" soon! o_O *screams*! *Hides S****eh**d and O****a away Anne Frank style*

I don't even own one, and I'd hate to see that beautiful grey pet be revamped. Although grey is a fairly new color, so it may not be done. *goes into a stage of paranoia*
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

I don't think it will get revamped, Usul Princess..its a revamp, in itself, so..no need to worry about that depressed ball of fluff getting uglyfied
Nothing To See Here
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Relax :) I don't think whey'll be touching grey, tyrannian, baby, maraquan, mutant, garlic or royal. And maybe not even clay or coconut.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Haha, speaking of Maraquan. My best friend had high hopes when her lab rat turned into a jubjub, so she could get island. Unfortunately she got maraquan. She said "Great, now I have a freaking heart as a pet!"

ImageImage

...you can hardly tell the difference :P
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy