Jubjub re-vamp

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I've always seen cybunnies, ixi, and usuls as being extremely creepy because of how excessively happy they are :P

It's glad to see an actual creepy pet though. Refreshing almost.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I think it's adorable... and I don't find it especially creepy.
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

D'aww. I actually like this - it's TONS better than the old one. I will admit that the eyes tend to follow you around the room, though... :p
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

OMG!!!!!!!! FINALLYY!!!!!!!! Ever since I joined I wanted it to be better. I'm so happpyyyy I like jubjubs now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AIyAAAAAAAAAAaaa yaaaaaayyyy. So shiny and full of goodness, I'm so used to jubjubs looking like crud I'm just in shock.

EDIT: Can't wait to see their redone faerie... the old one was so original.

*Yawn*
ImageImage
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

The Truffula Trees evolved.

And they want revenge.

*shiver*
Borrow

Post by Borrow »

Mistress Morbid wrote:This is kind of what I see in regards to the humanish look:

The face fits a cartoon kid too well. I think it has something to do with the shape of the eyes and how they have the almond-ish shape, and the hint of eyelids or being sunken in. If the eyes were perfectly round like normal on jubjubs, it probably wouldn't be nearly so eerie.

I don't think I'm ever gonna see jubjubs in the same way again. 0-0
Caz

Post by Caz »

Cute... but... too cute. And those eyes... it's going to eat me!!!

And yeah, the human faceshape is freaking creepy. *shudders*

No more feet in front of face... I think they should have kept that... that was the unique feature of the JibJib/JubJub even far back when Neopets started- it was a little round fuzzball hiding behind its feet.

Now? I don't think JubJubs have to worry about the Monocerous eating them anymore. Monocerous is going to worry about JubJubs eating HIM.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I like it and I don't think it's creepy. I can still see it as a furry ballish something. the only problem I have with is, have you noticed how shiny it is? It shines so much more than something furry should...
LΟL
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I agree with people about the eyes- they're so shiny, and they have a lot of depth, perhaps they're just a bit *too* realistic with the fluffy pompom body.

The blobby sorts of pets have never really appealed to me, I think this has been done well and it is cute, so they have done a good job. But it's not for me.
Neopets wishlists: here
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I actually think it's kinda cute, and much better than the old version in the way it's been drawn. I will agree about the vague creepiness though, could work for the likes of hypnotist pet I guess. I like the idea of something that looks so cute and harmless at first glance but then it quite happily eats you alive.
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

I like it, they really were in need of an update when you look at the old art and i don't think this is drastic at all. It keeps all the essential features pretty much the same and gives it a more appealing character in my opinion. I wouldn't be too disappointed if my lab pet turned into one and I'm looking forward to seeing other colours.
Float

Post by Float »

Eh the eyes arent bad. I think they're adorable and the yellow is nice too. All pastel. Just as long as they stay away from all the redraws cause they're pretty much all amazing.
Well, except robot.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Hee, I love it <3 I was never a fan of jubjubs before apart from their nice redraws, it's going to be interesting to see the not so nice redraws get a revamp too.

I can see myself zapping jubjubs in the near future :) This revamp gets a full thumbs up from me, terrific stuff.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I really liked this revamp until you all pointed out how humanly it looks. Now it's bugging me. However, it's definitely an improvement and gets my approval.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Oh, they're adorable! So much more lovable than before. And more realistically fluffly.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.