Royalboy and Royalgirl Kyrii

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Pretty pretty. Art is without complaint.

Boy is lovely, but girl... The colors arent great. She is very monochromatic. Her dress is blue, with everything else teal. But even so, it is a simular hue, so doesnt stand out.

Two simple recolors then the original for comparison.
Whikey

Post by Whikey »

I like the colors and poses are priceless.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

The most awesome pet in existence!
I now feel like saving up my NP and buying a Royal PB!

*goes to SDB*
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

I LOVE this! I actually like the monochromatic in the girl, my two favorite colors! (It's almost like Neo knew my birthday was Kyrii day) Her expressions are amazing! I even had a pet named Jezebelle that would fit the royalgirl!

The boy is awesome too, his snobishness might be a little too much for my taste, but it goes awesomly! (sp?)

Sooo, I guess I'll make it my life goal on Neo to save up enough to get the RoyalGirl, and with any luck I'll get it before I die. :|
sterlinglyons

Post by sterlinglyons »

I think they're rather outstanding and I would love to have the Royalboy. The poses (on both) are ingenious and creative... My only gripe is the Gnorbu-ness that materializes in some poses.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

thelonetiel wrote:Pretty pretty. Art is without complaint.

Boy is lovely, but girl... The colors arent great. She is very monochromatic. Her dress is blue, with everything else teal. But even so, it is a simular hue, so doesnt stand out.

Two simple recolors then the original for comparison.
The purple dress one is beautiful
Nothing To See Here
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

I'm so glad someone else noticed the LACK OF JAW in the Kyrii in general. They almost manage consistency within the royalgirl. I do not compare to the basic as someone did, because the BASIC pose is effed.

The Royalboy I love, as it reminds me of my bf... despite the disgusting purple, and the ability for his face to go from Human (ranged) to Gnorbu (close and angry) to a more normal face (happy)> Thankfully if I got one it would be on a side so all i'd ever have to look at is the happy, sad, and beaten poses.

Btw, yes, the purple is awful. I recolored them in a tone not unlike the kougra.
Image Image

And the royalgirl Kyrii is simply a more varied color palette from the Faerie Draik, so I don't' see why that's a problem.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Well then. Parselbane's future as a Plushie Kyrii is no more.

The boy is spactacular. I love that he looks vaguely vampiric, the pointed jaw is potentially my favourite feature. I think what I like most is how rich the colours are, absolutely lovely shades.

And his hair. I sort of want to frolic in it. Not creepy at all.

As has been mentioned several times, his poses are brilliant. And and and. And. ...sweet jeebus.

The girl is also very nice, but like quite a few others, I'm not wild about the colours. Pastel colours don't sit well with me. The red-haired version Tiel did is much more appealing, I think, it gives it some depth. The poses are as equally brilliant as the boy's, though.

Fantastic pair.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

... I don't know why, but the royalboy reminds me of Count Chocula... It was the angry pose that did it for me (I literally laughed at loud :P)
ImageImage

(See? completely different! Weird...)

That aside, it's good.

The royalgirl is REALLY nice. I almost regret making Twirlla a Faerie Lenny... And I love tiel's purple recolor.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I agree with the people who say it doesn't look like a kyrii's head- it doesn't exactly to me, either. It's much squarer and the nose is somehow wrong. The sort of look like they've been drawn as elves and then made to look a bit like kyriis.

The poses are wonderful, though- rather Shakespearian, just a little bit OTT but better for it. I think (as usual) I prefer the boy, because dresses never look as good as the royalboy outfits (they never look quite as grand or swishy as I wish they did). I do like the colours used for the girl but perhaps they are too similar.

Just to look at, they're lovely. As kyriis, they're not quite as good for me- they've lost a degree of being a neopet, perhaps because I just look at them and see "elf", I'm not sure.
Last edited by daisybell on 29 Aug 2006 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets wishlists: here
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

These are quite wonderful. I always shudder when I see there are new Royal pets out or on the servers, but these are beautiful.

My only single complaint is the same as usual - please swap the close and ranged attack poses! Ranged appears on the pets lookup while close is consistantly much better in the latest redraws.

Stunning additions to the Royal pets and to the Kyrii colours. I'm not sure I'd own them myself, purely because I like the more "pet like" neopets - but my are they pretty to look at. (If the Royalboy's close and ranged were switched though it would be very hard for me to resist.) Top stuff.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Oh, those are really pretty - esspecialy the hair on the boy. I have a thing for males with long hair ;) He reminds me of a faun a bit (only needs goath feet). Still I don't see myself owning a royal pet if they continue the anthro trend. I like my pets pet like not humanoid.

But cudos to artists, great line art, poses and cool details - I can see how a lot of people will want one or the other.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Eeeeeeee. I came home from work last night and jessibean was like "OMG LOOK AT WHAT THEY UPLOADED I WANT THEM D:" so I took a look-see. Sweet fancy moses. I want the boy. o_o

He is so haughty looking and well-drawn. They're BOTH really well-drawn. I just love them to bits. I am so proud of Kyriis right now <3~ *melts*

I can see where everyone is saying they look like Gnorbus, but I think they remind me more of whoever drew the Llamammeah (or however the heck you spell it) drew this, too. Observe.

Image vs. Image

Mmhmm. Not that it bothers me. XD I still love these. The only little bit that makes me sad is the Ranged Pose for the Royalboy.

He has a bit of a funky face going on there. o_O;;; So I wish it would be switched with Close Attack. As usual, it's much better. And challenging you to a duel! :D
<3
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

Image Image
Image Image

HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, THESE ARE THE BEST ROYAL PETS EVER.

The artists deserve a year's worth of cookies for these.
hauntedoll

Post by hauntedoll »

My gawd! They're stunning! The art, the attitudes, the close attack poses... o____o

Much love for the artist(s)