Tyrannian Eyrie

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Tyrannian Eyrie

Post by Huggles »

Bleh. Boring, drab, and common coloring mixed with a general dose of ugly make this passable at best. The feet really bother me. They don't look like the belong on it. The pads are huge, yet the claws are teeny tiny
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Well, it's the same eyrie as in that image....but it's certainly not drawn as well. =/ The concept isn't too bad, but the execution's just lazy looking. It could have been really neat looking too if it had had all the detail of the Tyrannian Tuskaninny put into it.
Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'm with MM. Art is really odd looking - I can't put my finger on it but something seems off there on so many levels. Feet, anathomy, line art...
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Hideous, and I'm not just saying that because I was hoping for a new faerie eyrie instead. It's just terrible. What the hell is with the two tail tips and the HUGE toes? The art also looks kind of flat and old to me, and the colors are boring. I don't like anything about it.
sureq

Post by sureq »

This is so smeh, but then im not really a fan of eyries.

It also seems to have no neck - very squashed looking.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

These pads are strange. The two tailtips don't make any sense at all. On a mutant, maybe, but Tyrannian? The backsides of the wings could use a bit more detail and shading in the battledome poses, but it wouldn't help much. Very boring.
LΟL
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Eh, the concept's alright, but the art itself is... somewhat boring. I think it's the lack of shading. :/ It looks way flatter and more... "something Neo would've made three years ago" than it really should. A shame, this could've looked pretty nice if it had a bit more detail on it.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

It's head looks messed up. That was the first thing I noticed.

Then the boneless tail tips. Then the messed up feet.

TNT, WTF?!
teainger

Post by teainger »

Very disipointed TNT, very much so. I am a huge Eyrie, fan *they are my fav pets*, and I have been waiting for this day ALL year! I hate the split and the this one is even worst! Everything y'all have said is true! I was hoping for the Faerie Eyrie to be Aimarna's sister, but no *sigh* another year's wait. Again dispointed TNT.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Dammit.

Don't have much more to offer.

Very pitiful.
Image Image
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Shameful. I really don't think it should've been that hard to come up with a great design for this pet. I don't think there's anything I like about it at all. I wish they'd really gone all the way in making the mane full and shaggy.

The eyes in the the sad pose and beaten pose are kind of freaky.
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

Redraw it a bit, why don't you. :x
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Oh my god.

Hm.

I went to see the news page, and saw that, and... Just... bleh.

I know we're forbidden from saying 'enough said', but... I REALLY don't have anything to say about this except 'bleh'. It's horrible.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I really, really son't like it. What a lazy pet.

Compare:
ImageImage

The weird dark-brownish stuff on the foot is gone in the second one, plus the claws aren't yellow - it happens in the close attack pose too. Plus all the poses except defended and hit are the same except for minor differences in head and wings.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

It's kinda meh, but I really don't think there could've been anything done about it. Couldn't they have done a Mutant Eyrie?
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029