Robot Gnorbu

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Happy
Location: South East Asia Listening to: One Fine Day Feeling: Excited

Post by Happy »

Love the lack of mane. I think it reminds some people about the robot chomby is because of the bazooka thingies on the sides when in combat. I would rate it just behind the the Robot Ixi. :D
ImageImage
Set by Maniac (PPT) // Wooble by MM
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

It's lovely... it's really nice, except...

I dunno, why do all robots have to be such garish colours? The robot ixi is a thing of beauty at least partly because it's not red, lime and grey.

I would like it better if it were steelier-coloured. But overall, yes, it is pretty much the business.
Happy
Location: South East Asia Listening to: One Fine Day Feeling: Excited

Post by Happy »

phoebemittens wrote:It's lovely... it's really nice, except...

I dunno, why do all robots have to be such garish colours? The robot ixi is a thing of beauty at least partly because it's not red, lime and grey.

I would like it better if it were steelier-coloured. But overall, yes, it is pretty much the business.
Yeah sleek shininess makes the robot. :)
ImageImage
Set by Maniac (PPT) // Wooble by MM
Kuroro

Post by Kuroro »

Wingsrising wrote:I guess I'll be the first one to buck the trend, then. I like the laying-down sad pose and the buzz-saw tail, but overall I'm not impressed.

I think it should have had legs OR tank treads (preferably tank treads) but having both is just strange. It magically generates tank treads when it goes into battle? From where? (The cannons have a similar problem but that I think I could live with... but I'm not down with the Magic Tank Treads (tm).)

(Maybe there's Tank Tread Space just like there's Katana Space? Not that I've been watching Highlander on DVD or anything.)

However, the thing I like least is the little smiling/frowning mouth. Since when do robots have mouths like that? With the mouth, it's more like a Gnorbu in a robot suit.

I mean, it's sort of cute, but in the Happy/Sad/Beaten pose I can't shake the impression that it's a real Gnorbu wearing some sort of fancy armor (with its little green muzzle sticking out the front) and not a robot.
Maybe it's a cyborg? Half robot half gnorbu? :wink:

I love it. I love the details, the poses, everything. This is actually the first robot I would consider getting. :D
Set by WIS!
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

OMG KAWAII EVIL ROBOT LLAMA!!!!1!!111!

*prays for Waterefinn to become one of these*
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I love gnorbu (even though I've yet to own one because I have no space so Im waiting for a morphing potion to come out) and I'd keep this from the lab, definitely. Its fantastic!
oconnka4

Post by oconnka4 »

:shock: Arrrgh... so do I zap Malifikant for uber cool robot or wait for darigan?

*decisions*
ImageImage
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

A tail saw??? Fantastic...
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Congrats to TNT. I didn't think they could make a Gnorbu color I'd like.
Maybe it's the lack of a mane...
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

It's a great gnorbu colour!!!

Dammit!!!!

As long as Gnorbu's were 50th in the pet stats I could hope that TNT realised that all the people who voted for the LLama didn't recognise their cute goofy pet in this abomination (It even needed confirmation in the neopian times that it was the same pet for crisis sake!) and I could hope for them to switch it back!! (A girl can dream can she?)
But if they bring out good colours for the damn thing.... grummble.

But allthough I can handle the paws into wheels, the first thing I thought when I saw the canons was "where did they come from?" They are so big, there is no way two of them fit in that thing + an extra set of wheels and all the technological mumbo jumbo to make a robot work.
Also there is a lack of hatch for them to come out.

(Sometimes it scares me the way we look at pixels on a page, I am highly amused by the current invicible myncy thread)
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Marah wrote:But allthough I can handle the paws into wheels, the first thing I thought when I saw the canons was "where did they come from?" They are so big, there is no way two of them fit in that thing + an extra set of wheels and all the technological mumbo jumbo to make a robot work.
Also there is a lack of hatch for them to come out.
Perhaps instead of popping out of the gnorbu, the canons have to be attached? O.o My theory on it anyway.
Sammi

Post by Sammi »

Hehe, it's a robot llama! :D I really like the art, and I love how it gets caterpillar tracks when it goes into "battle mode." It's a transforming robot llama, how can I not squee over it? *kicks annoying lab ray*
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I love this colour, the best Gnorbu colour and the best Robot pet so far I think. I've always wanted a robot pet but never liked any quite enough to get one (the Lupe came close). I think I'll start zapping a Gnorbu though when this comes out... just in case.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some more redraws for this pet, I think it has a lot of potential and the only reason I don't like the colour fills is for the bd poses, all of which are fantastic on the Robot Gnorbu. I don't often rate pets but this one gets a 10/10 from me :D
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

This totally makes up for the Tyrannian Lenny, I love it!
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Thank you, Neopets Team. Even the worst pets need one redeeming colour.