Snow Kougra

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Bacon

Snow Kougra

Post by Bacon »

I guess neopets is still making redraws as they work out the Customization Beta!

ImageImage

Ehh, nothing special...It's technically a redraw, but it isn't the best ever! Are those claws pieces of Reindeer poo?

EDIT: Found via Neolodge
Last edited by Bacon on 20 Apr 2007 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
EofS

Re: Snow Kougra

Post by EofS »

<a href="http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... ougra">All poses.</a>

Meh. The berries are kind of cute if odd, but it's a bit improbable with the raised paw and tail and all. I thought it already existed anyway.

The meltyness works well with the kougra's standard default pose.
MRBboy2005 wrote:I guess neopets is still making redraws as they work out the Customization Beta!
Why wouldn't they be?

Also, may I ask where you found this? It's not been announced in the news and we don't have a facility for finding new colours yet...
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I just compared it to the rest of the snow pets and I can say with certainty that kougra is the snow pet with lightest (and possibly thinest) lines of the lot. As my computer screen is unusually bright as it is - it's not very pleasant to look at. I don't mind it much aside for that.

And isn't it nice how they didn't bother with redrawing leaf thingy for different poses? Just flip and paste, that's the way to do it!
Last edited by zebru on 20 Apr 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Oh, whoops, I found it on NeoLodge!
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I think it's pretty damn lazy, with the flipped berries and all. And really, what ARE the teeth and claws? o.0;

And did it get peed on in the beaten pose? xD

It's not that bad, since there really isn't that much they could do with a kougra. A scarf probably would've made it a little less boring. :x
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Lol, its licking its pee "wounds"
Nothing To See Here
TCD

Post by TCD »

Apparently, the addage "Don't eat the yellow snow" never reached this poor thing.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Slugawoo wrote:And really, what ARE the teeth and claws? o.0;
They are obviously delicious bugles.
Image Image Image
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

That's underwhelming. Also, it's coming on spring (at least in the northern hemisphere), who the hell wants a snow pet now? Tch tch.

The berries and leaves on the tail are cute, but sort of random, compared to the rest of the design. Also, there's something about the stripes that really bothers me. I guess it's better than simple leaving the black stripes (as I halfway would have expected them to do), but I still would have liked to see something more creative than just snow-on-more-snow!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I also could have sworn this existed already. I don't like it, but it just might be delicious if those really are Bugles.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I was under the impression that the teeth and claws were bits of bark. Although I think that the berries and leaves look cute and are a nice touch in the happy pose, they look completely out of place on the rest, probably because they are just a paste and flip job as others before me have stated.

The Defended pose looks rather...unfinished to me, but I do like how the berries and leaves are flying everywhere on the Hit pose. Am I right in saying that on the Ranged Attack the leaves are around the wrong way? Or...if they should be that way because the tail is in a different place and we are seeing it's other side, shouldn't we not then see the berries? Or am I just being picky?

Wow, so many questions for one little colour.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Hmm..I think this is quite a weird Snow pet. Well I don't know how to describe it. I think that the tail things look so 'pasted on' they don't actually appear to look like they're stuck on in anyway and it ends up looking flat. I think that without them it would look boring, but with them it look stupid. Looking at the close attack Snow Kougra, I see that without the leaves it looks alright. I like that the eyes are made from coal.

I like how the eye looks more like coal than the Elephante or Xweetok. But it's not as good as say the Mynci or Poogle.

ImageImageImage
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Aw, Kougras. Ever since they were revamped, I developed a bit of a bias against their giant heads.

I'm jumping on the wagon with a 'meh.' I like its adorable little snow tongue, even if it is licking its yellow snow wounds and I like the berry thing.

It's not fantastc, but I'm pleased to see TNT are doing redraws again.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I've checked on three different computer screens, and I think y'all are crazy when you say it's yellow snow. It's dirty snow. But it's not urine snow. Have you actually seen yellow snow? It's bright yellow (sometimes orange-y, if the creature in question had been a bit dehydrated). Not a tan-brown. Color sampling shows that this particular shade is so desaturated that it's closer to grey than to yellow. I think you can all stop wondering about its fetishes.
Image Image
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I have no idea why, but when I read the title "Snow Kougra" I didn't automatically think of a Snow pet, but rather a genuine fur-and-paws Kougra with soft dark stripes on white fur, living on Terror Mountain's slopes. Possibly a Times story I once read or something. The reality is rather dull.

And where is the yellow in the beaten pose?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.