Snot and Chocolate Cybunnies

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I don't think it's so much general bitterness as it is the thought that struck me when I first saw those two new colours.

This is just never going to be the same again.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

They are so tiny, I don't really see the point in adding details... Also Snot seems too solid to me.
Image Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Trick wrote:I don't think it's so much general bitterness as it is the thought that struck me when I first saw those two new colours.

This is just never going to be the same again.
Agreed. I don't think everyone's going to be posting on all of the threads for new Neopets colours with, "I hate the new system." I think many people are just going to stop posting entirely after the first few, because it's too hard to care.

With that said, I do like the chocolate cybunny. The sprinkles and frosting stripes on the ears are pleasing, and it's a nice shade of brown.

But I usually got attached to Neopets because of their mood poses, and it's simply not the same anymore. The art's cute, but I can't bring myself to care.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Chocolate Cybunny: Frosting is decent, actual EYES aren't.

Snot Cybunny: It looks like it's made of neon-green Playdoh, NOT snot. Not nearly melty enough...

Overall: Wow. There goes Neopets. I've a feeling that a large amount of the population will leave once they know that this customization is practically classified as permanent now.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Chocolate Cybunnies had so much potential. I mean, this isn't bad, but CHOCOLATE BUNNIES, PEOPLE. Put some candy buttons on that thing at least!
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

what to say?

the chocolate is..nice...
i think i need glasses i can barely see the details on anything...

snot=crap...just looks like a pet that someone sneezed on...covered in snot yes..but not made of it...
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, I'm missing the multi-poses. :( The Chocolate one could have shown hollowness (as in Easter chocolate bunnies) in the hurt pose. I lament that ALL renditions of pets that aren't in Flash form are teenytiny and thus hard to see any kind of detail (still can't see the Darigan Peophin revamp pose well enough to make a decision on whether to leave mine as he is).

I'm pretty much echoing everyone here otherwise. Chocolate is nice with a few fun details (yay sprinkles! and frosting) and snot is too bright and "solid."
EofS

Post by EofS »

It amazes me that neither of these exist already. The cybunny is perhaps the most obvious species <i>ever</i> to make chocolate, and the whole genesis of snot was the snotbunny wasn't it?

<b>Chocolate</b>
Whilst I agree that a Lindt bunny would have been cool, I'm not exactly sure how they'd have been able to do it, even under the old system. Make it look too similar and you're on shaky legal grounds, plus you're left with a completely plain brown rabbit. Which we would have complained about for lacking features and detail no doubt ;0)

I love the white chocolate piping for detail, it's gorgeous. I think I would consider custom markings like that if I a) had a cybunny and b) was inclined to have customs.

And the cream... well I've never worked out what that is actually meant to be, but it looks very nice here. The vermicelli are a perfect finishing touch.

So yeah, I really like it.

<b>Snot</b>
I'm not a fan of snot, but I find myself liking this - probably because it doesn't look particularly snotty at all. It's a rather nice shade, and the smallness of the new pose makes it look very... in focus. It works somehow.

Looks like a cybunny that's been in the gunk dunk ;0)
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Those aren't brown and glowing? Who can tell at that size? *squints at the ickle things*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Nynex

Post by Nynex »

dblupe wrote:-_- The ONE pose is ok, I guess...but come on! TNT said they have something else coming up next week, I pray it's the rest of the poses.

With other pets who had this revamp, they use the old poses. I guess they still got some stuff to work on. Seeing my Mutant Shoyru in the battledome with no pose change kills me. *weeps*

I'm NOT converting my Darigan Kougra into the new pose. It's too...happy. It's meant to look evil.
There will be no poses. They are not going to redraw clothing items to fit all kinds of poses. So there will be one stationary pose for all pets.
Which is why painted pets that had unique poses different to the other painted colors of the species have all been standardized. it's rather said. They look like they came off an assembly line now.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I do LOVE the white choc markings on the Chocolate Cybunny, especially around the ears. The sprinkles are also gorgeous, but I'm not a fan of the curly bit of cream at the front of the Cybunny, it makes it look like a beard that was moved down it's stomach and not attached to it's face. Apart from that, it is so yummy looking!

Although I agree that the snot really doesn't look anything much like snot at all - more like melting playdough or something, I do still think it is extremely cute!

I've never wanted a Cybunny before, but this redraw and these new colours have me lurking around the Cybunny waiting room boards - you never know, they might release them.

I am pining for the other poses however - it's too bad that I didn't really appreciate them when they were here. It would have been cool for the beaten Snot Cybunny pose to have it's head lying off it's body - it is snot after all, it can be squished back on and reattached. As for Chocolate - imagine melted chocolate tears for the sad pose and as others before me have said, a hollow inside shown in the beat pose. *sigh* I guess we can always dream.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

What we can say... We cannot even zoom in into the Flash unless you got that pet...

Since we cannot critice the lack of poses, the new colours are unnoriginal *roll eyes* The sprinkled cream is cute, but I may liked the chocolate to have a topping cherry, or white chocolate for a tail, that, or to have a full white chocolate cybunny instead of a black one (but with black chocolate stripes)

The snot... Well, it is green, but there is no jagged lineart to make it a bit more "gross" to the eye. The ears are silly with that flatness and the drippy snot over it. There is no sticky mucus thread between them also. Extremely poor... :(

Gasp, we are out of resources. There is no further arguments to put over the desk regarding the new colours *sigh*
ImageImageImage
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

I'm going to try to not complain about the microscopic size of these. OKAY.

I love the chocolate one to death.

The snot cybunny is just (as usual) a colorfill with a couple of globs drawn on. Without BD poses I guess we won't get to see snot flying everywhere/bandages and band aids. Maybe that's a good thing.
ImageImage
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

I like the details on the chocolate one... the details I can actually make out anyway. I wish they had not kept the eyes the same though. They could at least have dulled them down.

The snot looks... non-drippy. So... assume it is very dry snot. Ew. The general color doesn't bother me really... maybe because I can't see it.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I really really like these.

The Chocolate Cybunny is gorgeous, I cannot wait to find someone who zaps one, so I can see it up close. The piping on the ears, head, and legs is amazingly cute. The sprinkles and cream, something I usually find tiresome on Chocolate pets, is very well done, and fits the Cybunny.

The Snot Cybunny is cute. I like that it is gooey, but not too gooey, like some Custard/Snot pets. I also quite like the color of green they used. It is far from Glowing, but isn't a sickly yellowly green either.

Both are well done, in my humble opinion.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.