Snot and Chocolate Cybunnies

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Snot and Chocolate Cybunnies

Post by dandelions »

Image Image

They're not bad, exactly. Wish they were a little bigger- I can't tell that both are still 150x150px, but I think they're vaguely cute, and it's not as if people are going to be horribly upset that they can't paint their old-style cybunny chocolate or snot. They aren't exactly the most popular colours ever.

I wish, however, that the chocolate cybunny looked more like a <a href="http://www.lindt.com/public/canada/abou ... gif">Lindt bunny</a>.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I'm too bitter about there only being one pose to really comment on them as they deserve. But they seem all right, I guess. The snot one doesn't seem drippy enough, but I guess with the new standard forms they can't do as much.

Excuse me while I cry over here in the corner.
Danish

Post by Danish »

Wow. One tiny little pose. I just checked and the old image that would've been filled by the chocolate cybunny, and it does not exist.

The Snow Kougra will go down in Neopets history as 'the last 9 pose Neopet ever'.

They're both okay I guess. Too small to see really. :/
gidget

Post by gidget »

*insert obligatory bitching and moaning about the size of the image and the lack of poses here*

I rather like the Chocolate Cybunny. The white chocolate drizzles and the sprinkles really make it.

Snot is well... snot. It's not a colour that I'm all that wild about.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I would have quite liked a Chocolate Cybunny in the old style art, it could have been a Lindt bunny or an easter bunny type character. Now I don't want ANYTHING on Neopets.

I wanted a Faerie Pteri and Royal Girl Krawk, but now they're just as crap as the old Faerie Krawk or Royal Buzz.
Last edited by adi_gallia on 28 Apr 2007 01:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

They're cute, but i'm so bitter that I don't even care. I know that sounds whiny and stupid, but it's true. Also, they're terribly small x_x I wish I could see the details better.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

What's that?

Post by hebdenhippy »

What's that? Are those, Cybunnies? Oh I'm sorry, they're so small i can't even see tham. Good job TNT -_-

I think the Lindt Bunny idea is great :D those things are delicious, I got one for Easter
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Look: take the general bitterness back to the new layout thread. If you're going to say "they're too small and that's hiding the details" or "I would have preferred the Chocolate if I could see an eaten beaten pose", that's fine, but just saying "I hate them because they're new-style" is silly. I do not want to see every new colour thread for the next n months simply be "I hate new!Neopets".

One thing about them which is a definite change is that they're now transparent- in certain browsers on lookups, coloured squares are showing up behind them. When I added them to the front page I didn't notice that, since the front page has a white background.
Wysteria

Post by Wysteria »

I admit, I like the bunny-frosting. All else aside, frosting and sprinkles on a bunny is an adorable thing. The stripes are nice too, but the yellow eyes bug me. I much prefer chocolate pets with small dark eyes (chia, kacheek, korbat, skeith).

The shade of brown is fine, and I do like that it hasn't fallen prey to the 'I am ridiculously shiny' bug that afflicts the chocolate usul.
Bless my whiskers. {Formerly Grey Cloud.}
dblupe

Post by dblupe »

-_- The ONE pose is ok, I guess...but come on! TNT said they have something else coming up next week, I pray it's the rest of the poses.

With other pets who had this revamp, they use the old poses. I guess they still got some stuff to work on. Seeing my Mutant Shoyru in the battledome with no pose change kills me. *weeps*

I'm NOT converting my Darigan Kougra into the new pose. It's too...happy. It's meant to look evil.
Last edited by dblupe on 28 Apr 2007 02:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Nifty, these ones are transparent in IE too. Usually the "blank" space appears as black to me.

As for the colours themselves... I do wish they were bigger, and they need more poses! ;_; But apart from that, they aren't bad at all. Cybunnies went through the revamp well.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Kinda small, but I do like the white frosting/whipcream thing on the chocolate and the chocolate sprinkles. They add a nice touch to it. In my opinion the eyes could have maybe been more chocolate-y brown. The lindt bunny would have been cute...

The snot, something seems off about it. It doesnt seem snotty enough...

*sigh* If only there were more poses.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Chocolate is OK, Lindt might've been more imaginative but they probably wouldn't've been able to make it fit the standard pose and still make it look like a Lindt bunny. I like the ruff.

Snot, umm, green's a bit brighter than I'd've liked.

As I guess we're all finding, it's rather difficult to gauge the success or otherwise of a pet colour based on one teeny image unfortunately.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

AH..so tiny. I like Chocolate, but, I dunno, maybe they shouldve done at least one normal 150x150 pose so we could see the details..@.x
Nothing To See Here
Kytsune

Post by Kytsune »

jessibean wrote:They're cute, but i'm so bitter that I don't even care. I know that sounds whiny and stupid, but it's true. Also, they're terribly small x_x I wish I could see the details better.
That's exactly how I feel. I know they're adorible, but I can't make myself care very much. Cybunnies are my favourite species, and snot is one of my favourite colours, but I'm not as excited as I'd think I'd be.

Snot looks too much like glowing, imo. If they'd used a less neon shade and made it drippier it'd look more snotty.

...Reading this thread was depressing. D: Everyone's obviously so upset..