Maraquan Pteri

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
tehcutiepie

Maraquan Pteri

Post by tehcutiepie »

O_O

All poses.

It's cool but it... scares.. me... somehow. The ranged attack pose kicks butt though! :D
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Those eyes and bird feet-like front fins creep me out. Nice color choices though; the blue on black has always been a favorite look of mine. The gold fins and lightly colored underbelly are good touches as well. I suppose I'm just glad it's a) not a mer-pet and b) not pastel, as too many maraquan pets are.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Thanatosscythe

Post by Thanatosscythe »

I like it, but I think it has a kind of fierce look to it. Probably because of the blue markings around the eyes.
But I really like the colours, they're a nice change from the blue/green colour scheme of Maraquan pets.
Like it but not enough to get one. If I got it from the lab, I'd probably keep it. Ranged Attack pose rocks!
8/10
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

The design doesn't do much for me, personally.. I like the colour choices though. (blue and black, yay!) It's a nice change from the usual greens and blues. Would have been neater if it were some sort of penguin or aquatic bird than a pteri turned into a more formless fish, I like the spikes though. :P
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I don't like how the yellow looks with the black and blue, but this still just works. Everything about it's been drawn like it's underwater, which should be on a lot more maraquan pets.

The angry pose just looks stupid though.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

It looks...maniacal...

I want one.
le_diable_blanc

Post by le_diable_blanc »

Awww I like it. At least it's different, and different in a good way. :)
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

I like it! I like the colours, it looks pteri-ish, and I like the Tefal Forehead.

I'm very keen on this current trend of making Maraquan pets into fish or other aquatic creatures, rather than just mer-pets. I wonder if they'll ever revamp the awful Maraquan kougra into a catfish...

[edit] The more I look at the poses, the more I like it. It's huge and fat and terrifying. I want an account with this and a Mutant Bruce on it.
Last edited by phoebemittens on 13 Feb 2006 09:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oh em gee

Post by oh em gee »

i lke the colours... but is it just me that still thinks the tail and fins and whatnot are still very... feathery? :S and that it looks very, very bloated? o_O
le_diable_blanc

Post by le_diable_blanc »

"I wonder if they'll ever revamp the awful Maraquan kougra into a catfish..."

May they listen to you! The maraquan kougra is just horrible (and I love maraquan pets and kougras, but not the combinaison x_x)
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

It's a little too bloated and shapeless for me to like it, but it is a pretty decent redraw. I like the black and blue and the fact that it's turned into a fish that retains the pteri's essential personality (I agree that the maraquan kougra desperately needs a revamp). Personally, though, I'd never own one. Something about it just feels...off...to me.
Stereo

Post by Stereo »

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIII!!!"

Gawd, I love that pose. If I want so intent on trying to make Squawk Darigan...
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I don't like it. Opening up the thread hoping to see a puffin (which is black, white, yellow and red) and seeing this black, white and yellow thing only makes me think of a puffin that's been somehow inflated.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Not what I was expecting. I don't like the black and blue together, for a start. I must say, it has a lot of the personality of the pteri, the eyes, the beak, the tail buuuut... somehow it still feels off. I *love* the battledome poses and how they're done but the pet... I don't think I would want to own one.
Mac

Post by Mac »

I kind of like it. I think the little tail feather is darling, but the rest of it is... meh. =/