Checkered and Desert Moehog

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Aaron

Checkered and Desert Moehog

Post by Aaron »

Image Image

Checkered is pretty plain.. merh not much to say really. I actually quite like the desert, not overdone it on the accessories or anything. Neither are anything special, but not bad either really.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Wow, a new DECENT new-neo color. I like the Desert Moehog quite a bit - the colors go together nicely, as do the accessories.

Checkered is meh, as always.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Checkered is, well, checkered. It's not a bad colour, but I wouldn't spend my Neopoints on it.

Desert is quite well done. I like the little snakey anklet, though the tail sticking out of the end of the cloth looks rather stupid. And if it's possible to remove the clothing, the tan/sand colour might suit RPers, as it looks more natural than the normal vivid Neopet colours.

(Is the clothing removable? Does anyone know?)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Desert is nice, I like the bracelet.

However, what excites me FAR more is they they are BIG again!
ImageImage
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I adore the desert moehog's bracelet!

And wow, they're big!
Image Image
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Well, you know, now that I look at the moehog and hissi side by side, it doesn't seem like such a difference. But it feels much bigger, and it's definitely easier to see the details...
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Ok, taking it for itself and trying really hard not to compare it to the moehog this art replaced (which I loved by the way), it's not bad. I like the desert, it's a very nice sand color. I think I've seen a bracelet like that in a catalog I use to get. It was silver though.

Checkered, is well, checkered. What ya going to do?
Danish

Post by Danish »

My favourite is the Desert. The ankle thing is nice.

Isn't that image of the Moehog the same as the old happy one? o.O
I'm sure it was. Or something very similar.
I like them quite a lot. Especially how they're bigger. I hope they eventually get that size on all aspects of the site.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I really like how they used the same blue on the amulet/necklace, the cloth edging and the eyes on the headdress. Is the cloth separate from the necklace or is that one? If it was separate that would be awesome, it reminds me of the necklace Pocahontas wore in the Disney movie. (not colour wise obviously)

I am LOVING the bracelet, a fabulous little touch like the tattoos on some pirate pets.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

I don't like checkered. =/ It's like... eww.

Desert looks pretty nice. I don't like Moehogs much, but this one is all... shiny.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Checkered is a nice addition I suppose, it's a decent colourfill. I do like the Desert Moehog though, the colouring is *very* nice and the clothing doesn't look too cluttered. I do like the colour of the eyes on the headress though ^_^, it matches the clothing very nicely. I might have this on a side account actually, it would look very nice alongside a lab pet.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Lucifer_Apollyon wrote:Ok, taking it for itself and trying really hard not to compare it to the moehog this art replaced (which I loved by the way), it's not bad.
Please, tell me how this is a different moehog- I tried looking for any differences between the recent revamp and the art before that, and found no differences at all:

ImageImage

All I can see are some slight changes to the shading, and obviously the size, but that varies depending on what page you're looking at. That's it. The basic moehog is one of the least changed pets.

Anyway, back on topic, E and ooga beat me to the news and I don't have a lot more to add. Possibly the checks could have been done in less contrasting colours- many other checkered pets have pale greys rather than the white and darker grey used for the moehog. That might allow for more depth of shading and less loss of the detail- the expressive lines on the face, for example. Checkered was never a colour with a lot of potential, however.

Desert is good, nice choice of colours- I agree with E on the snake leg ornament being too small and detailed for the rest of the pet.
lalalei2001

Post by lalalei2001 »

What really steams ny asparagus is that the Moehogs are in the old, non-revamp poses. :(

Otherwise, I think they're cute ^^
MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND PET STOLEN! D:
http://neocolours.me.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 15&t=11993
EofS

Post by EofS »

lalalei2001 wrote:What really steams ny asparagus is that the Moehogs are in the old, non-revamp poses. :(
No, they're in the new, revamped poses. It's just that the new moehogs are almost identical to the old ones (expression is very slightly changed).
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

daisybell wrote:Please, tell me how this is a different moehog- I tried looking for any differences between the recent revamp and the art before that, and found no differences at all:

ImageImage
There is one VERY minor change to the Moehogs. The only difference I can see is that the old one is showing its teeth whereas the new one isn't, also if I have the new and old Moehogs pics up in two tabs and flick between them I can see some small differences that I can't pick out. But yeah, aoart frin that it's bascially identical.

Checkered is meh. I really like the Desert Moehog, I may actually target zap for one soon because it's the first new art I like, it looks like what an old pet may have looked like and I would have liked this before as well.