Royal Yurbles

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I really like the royalboy too, Jessi. I think what I like most about him is that the clothes and the beard, combined with his color, cover up the fist issues bipedal pets have now. Or if not cover it up entirely, at least he looks like he's standing that way naturally, not so that he can have a lolly or something jammed into his hand. And I love his headdress; although hers reminds me very much of one of the things I occasionally dress my subeta HA with. :P If it wasn't for the massive braids and the fact that her fist issues are much more prominent I think I'd like her more.

As it is, she's just too cluttered for me to care much for. Hee, I just saw Wingsrising's comment; yes, they both do look like some of the, err, busier HAs, don't they? =D I still like him though. Don't want him, but won't hate seeing him around the site.

Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
TCD

Post by TCD »

Looks busy, but...I like the concept.

"KILL THE WABBIT, KILL THE WABBIT!"
amazonvero

Post by amazonvero »

I agree that they're very busy and agree that the concept probably would have been better executed with the idea that the old royal anthro pets had. However, I love the idea (I was leaning toward Greek with the wings but Norse could be right) and do think they're a pretty good Royal pet with the redraw in mind. I love the hat/helmet things and like the shininess too. The color of the male is awesome.
PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Apostrophes.
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

LOL.
AHAHHA. AUHGHH. (No pound today.)

I can't believe they are serious about these.
ImageImage
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Symmie, I have no idea what you just said there. Would you please stop posting in all caps and chatspeak?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Although it is caps and chat speak it did sum up what I was feeling when I saw these. :|

At first they look funny, like joke pets and then the disappointment sinks in.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I actually do like the royalboy quite a bit. Which is a lot coming from me post redraws. They both feel less 'cookie cutter' as the rest of the pets that were redrawn.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Roman/Greek?! What are you guys on about? This is almost textbook Viking look. Head pieces and hair scream Norsemen. Outfits are mostly covered up with hair so it's hard to tell, but they don't look particularly Greek to me either.

I love the theme and how detailed hair and beard are drawn for both royalboy and girl. I'm not a big fan of royalboy headpiece and how ridiculously shiny they both are. They could have easily escaped the cluttered feel if helmets were more realistically metal looking, instead of silver. Also I'm not sure supershiny silver moon hair decorations do it any service either. I do like them though - I'm a fan of Norse Mythology and these have enough good sides to make me overlook it's a yurble I'm looking at.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Can they ever make a Yurble redraw that isn't busy?
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
glitterbean

Post by glitterbean »

so i guess now they're making royals with as many accessories as possible so you get your closet full.

these are jokes.

i hope.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

glitterbean wrote:so i guess now they're making royals with as many accessories as possible so you get your closet full.
If there's one advantage to the new customization system, it's that your pets can now wear as few of the items as you so choose. Maybe pets like Royal will for now on be intentionally busy so that users can pick and choose which aspects of the costume to keep?
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

These two would've kicked SO much ass if they were in the old poses...
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

I shouldn't like them... they're cluttered, stocky beasts who look like they're drowning under a mountain of clothing...

But, somehow, I DO. Maybe because I'm mesmerized by too much shiny, or the curly locks on the royalboy... but probably because they don't look properly "royal" to me- more like they stepped out of a stereotypical opera. It ain't over till the fat Yurble sings?
varii

Post by varii »

I do not like these. True, I have never really been a Yurble fan, but seriously now. The idea is good but the execution failed.

I think what I really don't like is that they look like different colored Yurbles with clothes on. Does that make sense? Like, paper dolls, I feel like I can tell that the clothes are not in anyway attached to the Yurbles. The shadings don't match? They look flat(ter than usual)? I don't know how to say what I don't like, but I know I don't like it.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Gah!

Post by hebdenhippy »

Gah! These are absolutley hideous! And I don't mind Yurbles. They are way too overcrowded, too shiny, and it may just be me, but the clothes don't look like they actually fit. However, with the Neopets Beta taking off the hat and hair might make these more acceptable