Speckled and Jelly Skeiths

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Speckled and Jelly Skeiths

Post by varii »

ImageImage

Pre 2.0, I was rather fond of skeiths but now I can't take them seriously.

I don't understand why a jelly pet would not have jelly eyes and the smallness of the speckles gives me the impression of some sort of pox..but whatever.
rei @ neopets
Nectaris

Re: Speckled and Jelly Skeiths

Post by Nectaris »

I actually like the new skeiths, though these particular colors aren't that great. I agree that the speckles are too small and too many. I think they would have been ok small if there weren't so many of them. Jelly doesn't really make me think of jelly, it just looks like an extra shiny purple pet to me.
Image Image Image Image Image
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I actually really like the smallness of the speckles, so to me this is an above-average Speckled. Jelly, however, is remarkably underwhelming and doesn't look very jelly-like to me. The shade of purple is kind of appealing, though.
gidget

Post by gidget »

I've been playing now for over 5 years (eeek!), and, while I like this version of the Skeith better than the first version I saw on the site, I much prefer the last version of the Skeith. The Skeith looks strange being bipedal, but it does match on-site characters more than it did.

That said, I'm not overwhelmed by either of these new colours, although I do like the shade of purple used on the jelly Skeith.

I really feel badly, though, for Skeith owners who were looking forward to getting clothing for their pets. Skeiths didnt get much, and what they got was sorta icky.
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

I am very underwhelmed by the jelly skeith, the colour is fairly pretty but its awfully solid looking. I don't understand why they can't make it translucent. It's a shame because I really like the idea of a big flying edible dragon.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Compared to some of the customisable jelly pets I've seen, this is definitely better, but.. still a bit crappy. But that might just be because its a Skeith :P but I agree its a nice colour, but just not really jelly..

Speckled is speckled.. Not really a lot to say heh..

Shame that theres no 'clothes' colour really, like desert or halloween or whatever..
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Well, they're alright I guess, there's nothing wrong with them, they're just nothing special. Speckled is alright, but not as nice as some of the other Speckled pets we've been seeing recently, I don't think the shades of Green used are as nice. jelly is OK, but it doesn't look translucent enough.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Speckled, when I first saw it, I thought was quite normal compared to recent speckled pets but in fact, the spots are much smaller. The blumaroo has pretty big ones, and the flotsam has a mix. I think the wings and ears are too dark- a light green shade would have looked better. The fact that his knee has no spots on is also weird. It is sort of a bit as if snow has fallen on him, rather than being naturally speckled.

Jelly I actually do like, even though it isn't transparent enough. There have been technical issues with transparency- see the jelly koi. It does look shiny and sort of translucent but not quite enough.

The clothes for skeiths are really crappy- the bib and the shorts?! I'm not sure what was going on there when they thought that it was a good theme. The knife and fork are cool, though- if they had to give the pets fists, they should give them something to hold, after all. And the school items are neat. With the techo toys, we seem to be getting quite a variety of new small items.
Neopets wishlists: here