Lost Desert Krawk and Draik

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
uberstav

Lost Desert Krawk and Draik

Post by uberstav »

Oh my! Finally!!! I have waited so long for my Lost Desert Draik!

he looks soooo nice looking and his outfit is so well put together! I also love the sky blue wings and eyes, they give him a great finishing touch in my opinion.

The LD krawk is also quite nice...even though i really don't like what they've done to krawks since the revamp...this LD has managed to atleast put some krawk love back into my heart hahaha :P

I really like the krawks outfit! The green and gold color scheme works really well, especially on krawks..although i do wish the krawks skin tone was a more darker brown..
Nectaris

Re: Lost Desert Krawk and Draik

Post by Nectaris »

I really like the lost desert krawks! In my opinion, they are now the best krawks available, and look quite good even with customisation. I like the draik ok. I'm not sure how much I like the blue wings, but I like the eyes and the clothes are quite nice.

*Edit* I just noticed that if you look closely at the draik's wings you can see symbols on them. It's a little wierd in my opinion.
Last edited by Nectaris on 25 Sep 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Both look pretty, I like the colours used. I'm still not quite used to the Krawk's odd staring eye, and the thing it's holding doesn't look quite right somehow but otherwise it's a good job.

The Draik I'm less enamoured with but I think that's more down to the base pet rather than what they've done with it here.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

When I saw these I felt somewhat surprised, I think I like them. That can be taken as good or bad news for me. On the one hand I could paint over my Halloween Draik, not too much of a problem as I have a Draik already. The main problem is I like the Krawk, but do I like it enough to use my Krawk Transmogrification Potion on? I mean it's nice, but is it that nice? I'm not sure if I like the idea of having a Desert Krawk or a Krawk TP lying around best.

What I really like about them is the accessories and possibilities. If I want to be dirt, dirt poor I could get a Royal Girl Draik and then paint her Desert, since I'd like to try those accessories on this, but I really can't afford to do this since if my earnings are pretty much 0, except the stock market.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I too for a long time have looked forward to a lost desert draik, but I'm not quite certain I'm blown away by it. Paraktah might just have to stay yellow, but I reserve judgment for a while. If anyone can post at some point what parts can be removed from the draik clothing-wise I'd be most appreciative.

My own painting agenda aside, I'm quite pleased by both pets. I love the green shade on the krawk's ornamental beard, eyes and loincloth. The cowl is lovely as well and pleasing shades. The staff I can't quite figure out though.

I really like the use of blue on the desert draik and the wrings on the tails. Adore the painted toenails, so cute. ^^ Just wish he had really pronounced markings on the eyes. They're there, but don't stand out enough for my liking.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

These are beautiful. I love them! The base color is lovely, and the accessories are all very great. I think a lot of thought went into them, and as I've been wondering what color to paint Malfaxx since they ruined the Darigan Draik, I may contemplate Desert, even though I'm not sure if it suits him.

Really, all around great colors.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ooh I like! The Draik especially is very nice, the colours work well, like the blue eyes and wings with the tan colour.. I never used to like Draiks but I think they really benefitted from the revamp.. Though the hat does look a bit like a chef hat to me..

The Krawks alright, but it seems a bit.. rigid? It looks more like a statue than an actual animal, but I'm not sure if thats the colour or just the revamped Krawk.. It just.. stares.. I think I would like it a whole lot more if there were no creepy eyes, again like the matching colour of eyes with accessories, tho what is it holding..?

But on the whole, 2 decent pets :D
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:) Now I remember where I saw a Desert Krawk similiar to that one up there..Shroomy's work, I bet. Heh.

Lovely!..I know if I had a Krawk or a Draik, Id now paint it Desert
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Well, if I weren't so damn keen on keeping Elzar a mutant, and I were interested in paying another 2.5 million for a second Krawk TP, plus the cost of a Lost Desert PB, I might consider trying to obtain the Lost Desert Krawk.

I love the colors on the Krawk (green eyese => *squee!*), but there's something bothering me about the Draik. All of that white (even the light blue within its wings and ears) reminds me of the Acara nurse uniform for some reason. I wish it had a bit more color to it.
tiroryb

Post by tiroryb »

They are both quite nice. I like the green used on the Krawk and the blue used on the Draik. I prefer the Krawk though. The outfit on the Draik doesn't seem quite right.
varii

Post by varii »

I love the krawk's clothing and color scheme, but I am kinda weirded out by the crazyeye. They either need some eyelids or their old eye position back, because this one just isn't working.

Since the revamp I've fallen in love with Draiks and I think I'd love this one too except for the diaper on its head. Oh well, at least with customization it can be taken off?
rei @ neopets
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I can't bear either Krawks or Draiks since the devamp. I loved all of the old Krawks and disliked all of the old colorfill Draiks - but the redraws were things of beauty and wonder.

Now - I can't bear any of them, primarily because of their expressions - and these new ones are no exception. The Draik has a diaper on its head and on its ass, and the fact that they can be removed, I presume, isn't all that helpful, since the pet still has insane, up-for-three-days, because I'm just that wired on speed eyes. The Krawk . . . well, I can't get past its crazy serial killer eyes, but the green and gold tootsie roll hanging off its chin doesn't help matters any.

Bah. Take them both away.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Kamil wrote:but the green and gold tootsie roll hanging off its chin doesn't help matters any.
Thanks, I choked on my salad. :D

I think they're both decent, but their conformity to the basic pose detracts so much potential. Redraws used to be the only pets I would own, and there's not much of that to look forward to anymore...
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I actually really.. really like the draik. I hate new krawks, but I think new basic-posed draiks are nice, and I rather like this one. I would love to paint a draik this to steal the accessories, then paint him royal and combine a few of them...

*plots... not for my draik, but for FMD's, haha* Really not bad considering what we get now - I'm pleased with it.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Wow, I love the draik! (And would love the krawk if he weren't staring at me so creepily. Not that that's something the desert krawk, in particular, can help...) Love the outfit and the subtle markings on its wings. I like that there are a lot of clothing pieces, but they aren't overbearing. I rather like the base colour they used, also.

The krawk's also lovely; love the base colour, accessories, and pretty much everything but that darn staring eye of doom. :(