Royal Pteris

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
miazilla

Royal Pteris

Post by miazilla »

The news is out early today it seems.

Image Image
varii

Re: Royal Pteris

Post by varii »

miazilla wrote:The news is out early today it seems.
Probably to make up for the fact it was released super late last night.

I really like both of these. Something about their coloring is just a bit off to me, but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment factor. The base colors used are really lovely. If I had a pteri I'd be rushing out to paint.

I do think it is kinda odd though the a bird would wear a dress. Like..they tried to give her an anthro look..but failed..and now all I can think of is I hope she's wearing bicycle shorts under that. Still good though. I love the tail jewelry.
rei @ neopets
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

In general I like them. I think pteris suffered from the revamp, but the royal boy almost makes up for that. I like the colors used and the clothes are nice, especially on the male. The only thing about royalboy is that they made thee tip of the beak black, which makes it difficult to see. While I like them, it's still not good enough to give up my grandfathered faerie pteri
Image Image Image Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really don't like either of these. Both are such muted shades of colors that they don't draw the eye at all.
The shoes on the male are just ugly. None of the clothes themselves are anything special either.
I do like the circlet and the wing ring (try saying that five times fast) on the female though.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I like the clothes on these, especially royalgirl's, they are pretty. The expressions are sharp and not goofy. But the colors are very muted. A little too muted. It makes it all blend together and my eye just wants to scan past, which I did on the News page to get to the Lenny Conundrum.

But upon closer inspection, they are very nice.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I love the clothes on the royalboy, but hate the colors. As a stark contrast, I hate the royalgirl's clothing, but I think the color is just -beautiful-. If royal wasn't so expensive, I would turn my pteri into a girl and paint him royal, just to get the color. Very pretty.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Not bad, but it's too.... purple. Meh, not like I actually cared about Pteris. Since the revamp, I find them really uninspiring.
gidget

Post by gidget »

If I liked Pteris, I'd paint a Royalgirl and remove the dress. I like the subtle colours on her.

These aren't bad for what they are.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Are you seeing the base colours on these?! They are AMAZING, the two toned colouring and I don't believe that we've seen the purple of the female on Neopets before - something different. The male looks so manly, and they made his eyebrows thicker, which is reminiscent of the Royal Male Peophin I believe.

I am dieing to see them without the clothes - so if anyone knows where I can, please do not withhold such information from me! :D
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I sniggered when I saw these. After looking at them more, I can see their good points but that wasn't a very good first reaction.

Royalgirl- I like the head and tail accessories and the colour is actually a really nice shade when I focus on it. The curl of feathers on her head is cute as well. But that god awful dress just dominates the image and I think it looks ridiculous. It's too big and clunky and does not fit the pet.

Royalboy- I like his accessories with the exception of the boots. They're similar to the dress on the female but maybe to a lesser degree seeing as they don't stand out as much. The colour is alright, maybe a bit too dull but the bushy eyebrows make me giggle. One thing that bothers me though, is that they coloured the tip of his beak in the same dark shade as the sides of his face. The colours blend into each other and look like he's lost the beak tip.

I actually feel like I want the girl now. Even if only for the accessories.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The male should have been the colorful one. Not the female. For obvious biology and zoology notions.

Otherwise, hatehatehatehatestabstabstab.

I hate the Pteri revamp. The only Pteri I'd consider keeping in v2 in Maraquan, due to the minors changes it had. The eyes on most Pteris look lifeless, and I'm glad the Royalboy's eyes are darker. They look pretty.

I like the details on the RB's shoes.

Pteris in dresses looks ridiculous. I know, because I tried to put a dress on my Pteri for the customisation contest. And, it looked as awful as the RG Pteri dress. I don't like the wings rings either
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Iggy wrote:Pteris in dresses looks ridiculous.
So do zafaras, which really annoys me, because if I was going to put any of my pets in a dress it'd be my zafara. But the chest sticks out too much and it looks awful. </off-topic>
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I love pteris. That said, they look terrible in a dress. I would really like to see these without the clothes; although they're they're not flashy, I do really like the base colors and the markings. And the jewelry. I don't think they're nearly as bad as I expected. I probably won't shell out for one, though.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I think these are very good for royal pteris, considering that they have to be in the basic pose. The dress isn't wonderful but I'm not sure it was ever going to be any good anyway- I'd have liked a more muted colour, I think, though. I think both base colours are nice, but especially the girl's, and the extra markings on the wings are a lovely touch.

I'm not sure I like the armour feet that the royalboy has- I would take them off if I owned one. The breastplate is interesting, but I'm not sure if I like it or not. I don't really like either of the headpieces- and the eyebrows on the boy are so heavy they look comical.
oogabooga wrote:It's hard to tell whether the bracelets (if that's what they are... they're just on one feather, so maybe rings would be a better word
I think they're a sort of stole or sash, which may be attached to the dress, rather than being rings or bracelets. I actually like that, it's a nice touch.
oogabooga wrote:
Iggy wrote:Pteris in dresses looks ridiculous.
So do zafaras, which really annoys me, because if I was going to put any of my pets in a dress it'd be my zafara. But the chest sticks out too much and it looks awful. </off-topic>
I recently got a lab pet zapped to a zafara and I went to the cash shop to try on some clothes- and they do look really awful, even though they should work considering that the zafara is bipedal and better suited to dresses than many species. Yet the royalgirl zafara manages to look nicer now than it did before, IMO, to the extent that I'm considering having one, or at least the accessories with a different base colour.
Neopets wishlists: here
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I think, overall, I like them. (Like the species, don't like the revamp, blah blah blah.)

The base colours are really lovely on both of them. I'm partial to purple, and those are some really nice, subtle markings on the male. I'm not sure which colours I like more.

I'm not a huge fan of the female's dress shape and colour. I'm just not feeling the design; it probably wouldn't be as awkward if it weren't so darn poofy, but it looks like it couldn't have been any other way, and the whole thing just looks ridiculous. And so bright. The male's getup is a lot nicer! I actually don't mind his shoes, but I think his crown(?) thing is a little weird-looking.