Christmas Grarrl

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
nanabobo567

Christmas Grarrl

Post by nanabobo567 »

Well, one can't say they didn't try to sly away from the "peppermint coloured stripes" this time...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Christmas Grarrl

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ewewew. If I had any love for the Grarrl, I'd be pretty PO'ed by this color. I know this is Neopets, where the word "natural" probably has no relevance, but those stripes just don't look natural. The least they could have done was add some smaller stripes to the arms; as it stands now, it looks like someone just ran a light green brush across a normal green grarrl a few times.

The hat's kind of cute, but that's really the only redeeming quality of this pet, IMO.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I love it - it makes me laugh. I'm for some reason strongly reminded of Robin Hood: Men in Tights (all those pretty greens, and the hat, and the goofy expression).
I can't take the species seriously since they installed that ridiculous grin on its face, so it might just as well look over the top - it suites it.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I think this is pretty awful in my opinion. The stripes just look silly, there is no real point to them, and doesn't really make me think of Christmas. The only reason I would want to paint a grarrl Christmas would be to get the hat. The basic red, or even green would look better with those clothes than the Christmas grarrl itself.
Image Image Image Image Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

As soon as I saw this I said, "ew".

And that's all I have to say about it, really. I do second the dislike for the stripes.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I almost want to get one just to dress it up in other colours accessories. I think it'd make a lovely base for some funky accessories :P
checkers

Post by checkers »

Grarrl are one of my fave species, I kind of fell in love with them from the neglect they got over the whole BGC avatar, I used to own a Maraquan one and was saving for a Royal Girl, though sadly the revamps of the Grarrls have creeped me out and Maraquan is the only one I could own. BUT. This grarrl, I like it, the shoes and the hat are lovely, I like the colours and the creepy smile fits in with the costume, because elves are creepy. :D
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

"... weak" is the first thought that entered my mind. I guess it's not so bad, now that I've stared at it for a minute. Kind of amusing. Something about those shades of pastel and desaturated green combined with the green of the hat and accessories still puts me off, though. It would make an interesting base.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Ah, I love it. The stripes on it are awesome.
ultraviolet

Post by ultraviolet »

Personally I think it would have been better white with the accesories.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

This is a colour younger players might enjoy, or someobdy who likes comical pets. I don't hate it, because it doesn't make that strong an impression on me. I'd have to say I'm indifferent.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
maraqua_wqh_4

Post by maraqua_wqh_4 »

It's , huh .... strange. They should make stripes like Korbat's . And one Pet for five days is too little... I think at next X-mas or Xweetok Day they can make Christmas Xweetok.