Camouflage & Skunk Uni

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Camouflage & Skunk Uni

Post by Kantark »

ImageImage

Camouflage looks very flat for a camo colouring - the pattern doesn't seem to shift at all between the uni's head and neck for instance. The colours are quite nice & unusual, reminscent of Neapolitan icecream. Not bad, just meh.

The Skunk looks like a winged horse that's been viciously attacked with a Mr. Whippy. I'm not sure what it's done to deserve that.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Iggy

Re: Camouflage & Skunk Uni

Post by Iggy »

What is the Camouflage Uni supposed to camouflage into?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Sunset clouds? ...polluted sunset clouds?
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

My sketchbook page, I think. Mixing pink paint is strangely addictive.
The Skunk looks like a winged horse that's been viciously attacked with a Mr. Whippy. I'm not sure what it's done to deserve that.
Hahahah. Yes.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Yeah, the Skunk Uni's brown horn does look like an ice cream cone. I wish they'd made it white or gray. Otherwise, they're pretty nice. I see that pink camouflage palette on a lot of trendy girl purses and clothes, and I often wonder where exactly those girls are hoping to hide in it--Candy Land, maybe? Limited Too?
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Maybe I'm still sleepy, but that horn looks like a carrot on the Skunk Uni. xD
It's so dark, I almost thought it had 3 legs, until I leaned closer and could somewhat make out it's back leg.

As for the Camouflage, that is a very bizarre colour choice. o_0
The body just looks very flat compared to the rest of the body. I doubt it would have been done, but maybe if the artist used black and white to make resemble a Zebra somehow, that would have been cool.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I'm not usually a fan of Unis, but I think both of those look really good.

The Camo is pretty and the Skunk is just awesome. I always wanted a jet black horse with a snow white mane. lol That brown horn does look out of place. It should've been white.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

I suppose maybe that's the color of the clouds in Faerieland, or some such silly thing as that? I don't know. Gross pink and grey clouds XD;

The Skunk one -is- very dark, though. That was the very first thing I noticed on it. Then I noticed the ice cream cone on its face D:
<3
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I had to look up Mr. Whippy, and I am amused now. :-)

I actually rather like the Skunk Uni. It's like a nifty black "horse" with a blaze, a nice color that's a little more striking than Shadow. I can imagine a few people will be pretty thrilled with this color.

The camouflage Uni is interesting, though I don't care much for the colors used. Maybe it's supposed to hide in an abandoned and overgrown flower patch when the flowers have started to die in autumn...or something. It does have a lot of the colors that have become popular in female clothing. I wouldn't have used those colors. I would have either made them gold-brown tones (hey, I like "natural" looking colors on Unis) or, like other people have said, maybe a subtle multi-directional striping in black and white and grays somewhat resembling a zebra. We have two horselike pets, and no colors so far that have the potential for nifty zebrafication have been done so.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think the camo uni would have worked much better using a vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate neopolitan ice cream theme, then taken the skunk uni's waffle cone horn. It would have been delicious.
Clockworthy

Post by Clockworthy »

The Skunk Uni is better than I would have imagined. Be better if the eye was a bright, pale colour.

The Camouflage Uni actually fits pretty well. Since those colors are another variation of the 'Camo' pattern, It works nicely for a...dare I say, girlish, pet.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Skunk is way too dark... I guess it looks kind of cool if you want a black pony, but you can't see where the head ends and the neck starts so it just looks lumpy.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I think the colours used on the Camo Uni are disgusting, if they were going to go pink, I think it should at least have been a pretty pink. Also, it looks very flat, disappointing because we've had some great Camo pets recently.

Skunk is way too dark, and the horn should have been grey, not so... cornet like!