Island moehog

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
oogabooga

Island moehog

Post by oogabooga »

I like that they used white for the base, but the accessories drown it. Note to artists: just because there's space doesn't mean you have to put something there.
yvonne_l_d

Re: Island moehog

Post by yvonne_l_d »

There are a lot of accessories, but that's not such a bad thing post customization. It's more of a mix and match set, rather than a package deal. If I had this pet, I would keep the necklace and the flower, but not the earings, and I would keep either the skirt or the ankle bands, but not both.

The white base with tan lines works really well for the Moehog, since it's not naturally the prettiest of pets. Somehow the white and green make it look prettier.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

I don't think it's over accessorized but I do think they should have done something different with the front ankle bands, since they tend to blend into the skirt. As Yvonne pointed out, this is no longer a static package deal, so any excess could easily be removed ore even replaced.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Veo

Post by Veo »

The nature white/tan color is rather easy on the eye - but it's a bit too much with all the green . . . .
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Please hand me my Coming Apocalypse Survival Kit, because it's a darn' pretty-looking Moehog. Seriously. I normally don't like them at all (Maddie was one for too long, and the ridiculousness got wearing) but this one I could actually take seriously. I love the white body and the leafy skirt. Like a lot of colours, though, it seems more suited to a girl pet than a boy pet-- am I just being sexist, or has anyone else noticed this? I can't think of a non-Royal, non-Usuki colour that would be far more appropriate for a boy pet than a girl, but there are quite a few that seem to carry a feminine image.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

This is rather cute, but if I ever happened upon one, I'd remove the grass skirts and ankle things. The designs (from what you can see that's not hidden by clothes) are really very pretty.

I have to disagree with you Rainbow Daydreamer. I have far far more male pets then I do female, and the majority of my pets are Faerie. In nature, in most species, the males are far more colorful and vibrant then the female of the species. I'm a wildlife major so I spend a lot of time looking at animals and distinguishing genders, so that may just be an offshoot of my personal experience, but I find it hard to look at a say a Faerie Pteri and say "Ohh look its a girl". Looks like a male to me :P

The only species I would say looked female are Usukis, but they have bows so its a bit skewed in that direction anyway :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I think Unis look female as well.

I feel like Seerow, most of my pets are men :) Especially my Faerie Pteri and the Lenny I'm target-zapping for Faerie. (I found the old Faerie Lenny had a far too feminine face for a body shape that looked more male)

This pet is too crowded, but I'd love to use the Lost Desert Moehog anklet with those rings.
Berrywish

Post by Berrywish »

I think that the pet is wonderful, :D For the new pets.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I didn't hate it on site, which being it's a Moehog, means that TNT did a pretty good job with it.

The color scheme is very nice. I don't like that necklace.

I agree that the ankle bands should've been done differently. Maybe bracelets would've worked better. They have that wooden jewelry on other island pets.
Riverpetal

Post by Riverpetal »

Gumdrops wrote:I didn't hate it on site, which being it's a Moehog, means that TNT did a pretty good job with it.

The color scheme is very nice. I don't like that necklace.

I agree that the ankle bands should've been done differently. Maybe bracelets would've worked better. They have that wooden jewelry on other island pets.

Hmmm...I think it's really good. Even though, as Gumdrop said, the ankle bracelets should have been better. ^^ TNT is starting to do a great job again.