Purple de-spotted

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Purple de-spotted

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm not sure if this counts as a "new color" but according to the news, purple pets have now been de-spotted, and some spot (hee) checks suggests that this is actually the case. The purple pets have been de-spotted on the big pet lookup images, but not the small userlookup images.

It looks like all orange may have been removed from purple pets, not just spots:

Purple Gnorbu with a purple ruff:
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml? ... enze283939

Purple Hissi with yellow belly scales:
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Hissibibi

Or have the big images always been de-spotted, and I just never noticed?
Goldenchaos

Re: Purple de-spotted

Post by Goldenchaos »

And people said this would never happen. :O Awesome
Image Image
ImageImage
Veo

Post by Veo »

^__________^
Rah

Post by Rah »

Oh dear. I actually always liked the orange spots xD This makes more sense, for sure, but I'll miss them on my purple cybunny :)
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I much prefer the pets without orange on, and it's interesting to see that they're substituting colours other than orange on pets which usually have some other colour, like the hissi.

To my eyes, the purple cybunny looked really terrible with the orange spots and other orange parts. What does surprise me is that they haven't done something like an "orange spots accessory pack" for people who have purple pets and want to keep the orange. It isn't as if it wouldn't be possible to do, now. However, since it's linked with Sloth perhaps they would say that it was a badge of enslavement or something.

Oh, and I don't have a purple pet to check this with, but I think some other change needs to be made to the pet's clothing before the .png images will update- so people will need to go into customisation and add and remove a piece of clothing. This is going to make collecting the new herple-free images for our database so much harder.
Neopets wishlists: here
EofS

Post by EofS »

Actually, my purple jubjub has lost her spots without me even logging into the account. "My herpes is cured!" Ignore the adorable socks obviously. (The one we have stored.)

O frabjous day, callooh, callay!

And now at last my purple eyrie can rest safe knowing that his on again off again herpes is gone forever (seriously, why did they switch the eyrie back and forth so much - I don't think any other pet had so many periods of remission).

I almost wonder if they decided to finally do the plot just because they felt bad for inflicting herple on us for so long.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Haha. The lab must know what's going on.

"The ray is fired at Crustopholes...
...and he changed colour to purple! "

Well, the Wocky still has orange eyes!

-wants this orange spot accessory pack- Pippinlu just WORKED those orange spots.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

From looking at it last night, it looks like pets that have been customized were updated automatically in the small image, but pets that weren't were only updated in the large pet lookup image.

Yeah, this will make collecting new images fun...
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

*calculates* Purple paint brushes at about 200k each, times 54 species... that's only 10.8 million :P Man, this new system is annoying. But yay for no more spots!
Rah

Post by Rah »

Wingsrising wrote:From looking at it last night, it looks like pets that have been customized were updated automatically in the small image, but pets that weren't were only updated in the large pet lookup image.

Do you mean customized as in has clothes on? Or just switched over to the new image? Because I have a Purple Cybunny that is the new image, but has the orange spots in the small image (not the profile one)
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I'm using " site:neopets.com lookup "the purple ogrin" " to check out the new purple pets. Yay for the orange being gone. :D
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Rah wrote:
Wingsrising wrote:From looking at it last night, it looks like pets that have been customized were updated automatically in the small image, but pets that weren't were only updated in the large pet lookup image.

Do you mean customized as in has clothes on? Or just switched over to the new image? Because I have a Purple Cybunny that is the new image, but has the orange spots in the small image (not the profile one)
I mean customized as in having clothes, background, etc., yep. Based on a brief overview, those seem to have updated automatically.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I truly never thought Neopets would survive long enough for this day to come. I'd squee with joy if circumstances were different.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I just have this odd happiness in my gut right now. It seems like so long ago we cried over the annoying switches of the Purple Kougra... Or the Techo... So many years...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(