Chocolate and Split Kougra

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Chocolate and Split Kougra

Post by Nogitsune »

Image, Image

Not too bad on either of them, I suppose. Zombie would have been cool, though.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
varii

Re: Chocolate and Split Kougra

Post by varii »

I can't decide if I like the split detail on the tail, or if it looks weird. Chocolate is cute enough, doesn't wow me like others have though. It seems to be a little too formulaic.

I'm sure if I went and counted it wouldn't be true, but it really seems like we've gotten a lot of chocolate pets lately. I am getting a little chocolated out.
rei @ neopets
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I'm also getting a bit chocolated out. (Though I am target zapping a chomby for choco because they are so well done.)

Would've been interesting to see a more imaginative take on chocolate -- make the stripes white chocolate swirls or something, I don't know.

I like the detail on the bi-coloured tail for split, it gives it a bit of depth. Now if only the split colours weren't so hideous.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
EofS

Post by EofS »

Waffle ear! It has a little waffley ear! And the stripes look 3D and piped on, which is impressive. (Except on the tail, alas.) In fact, looking closely the back is just one big splat of chocolate, nice touch. It could do without the cream on the end of the tail, but otherwise really nice.

Split's pretty nice, considering it's split. I like the subtle line of purple up the tail.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Chocolate is very monochromatic looking to me. The shading on it is nice, though. And split's just... ick. They could have at least switched up the stripes or something. As it is, it's very boring.

And we have been getting a lot of chocolate pets. Camo's probably a close runner up. :/ TNT has no sense of adventure.
lemonade

Post by lemonade »

I think the body of the Chocolate Kougra could have used a bit more details - the stripes could have been white chocolate and they could have added a bit of shine to the body. That cream on the head looks really well drawn, it's a shame they didn't keep up the good work with the body as well.
Image Image
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

Chocolate looks a bit half finished to me. Especially after the Chomby. It's chocolate back stripes are cute, but then, the tail is just normal stripes :/

I dunno, it's cute. But a bit half arsed in my opinion.
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

Wouldn't it be messy and awkward to get chocolate sauce to stay on the pet's tail?

Yeah.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Waffle ear is great - I'd rather have waffle ear than cauliflower ear :-)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I like chocolate, but I'm not in love. I wish the tail stripes looked more three-dimensional like rest of the stripes. I do like the delicious glob of chocolate on the back and the waffle ears, though. :D I wish the purple and orange stripes had been switched on split.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Chocolate is nice - I like the waffle ear and the piped-on stripes. Split is a little better than most split pets, but only just.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Not as great as I expected the Chocolate Kougra to be, but I'm still gonna zap for one.