Halloween and Speckled Hissi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Ailiel

Halloween and Speckled Hissi

Post by Ailiel »

I found these on the Neoboards, although I see they are also up in Nogitsune's prediction thread. So I'm sure these guys are everywhere.

Image Image

Halloween is really interesting. Not sure if I like the overall aesthetic, but it seems the base color is a nice deep red, and the bone wearables would look nice on a few different colors of Hissi. I think it's the beige underbelly that is really not working for me with the white.

Speckled is more subtle than usual, which is nice, but I'm wondering if it's too subtle? It looks a lot like a green hissi.
Kantark

Re: Halloween and Speckled Hissi

Post by Kantark »

Speckled looks almost exactly like what you'd get if you put a green Hissi under the ladder of somebody who was painting a ceiling. Or under a tree containing a quantity of incontinent starlings.

Halloween is good, I think, even though I'm not really sure what's going on with it. It's got a lot going on and I agree - the beige/white mix looks a little ropey. Might look better minus the wearables?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh, the bones on Halloween might look pretty spiffy on a different base. I'm interested to see what the base itself underneath looks like.
I'm also rather fond of Speckled, I like the interesting white blotches. I think it could have used a few more, it just might indeed be a bit too subtle. Still, overall Hissi's got some nice colors for their day.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Speckled reminded me of http://image48.webshots.com/49/5/63/83/ ... EwA_ph.jpg

Yea..maybe Halloweens wearables would look nice on a shadow, with the greyish under belly.
Image Image
ImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Ohhh, want the bones. Or at least some of them for my ice Hissi. I'd really like to see halloween's base without the accessories too. Although, like most, I don't think I care for the pale belly.

I like speckled too; I'm always glad when some attempt is made with the speckles, instead of just randomly spraying them onto a green base.

Good Hissi day, all things considered.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
varii

Post by varii »

Hmm. I like both of these, but I don't think either represents its paintbrush colour very well. Speckled looks like someone misted it with spray paint. Halloween with the bones has precedent with the Bori, but I dunno. It reminds me of the hissi armor. Skeleton or something would be a cool paintbrush colour, but I think it doesn't really work with Halloween. Like, the Halloween Kau vs. the Halloween Hissi. One is wearing a costume, one is wearing an exoskeleton.
rei @ neopets
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That Halloween hissi is AWESOME. I'm halfway tempted to start playing again so I can earn a Halloween PB and another white PB and get Chaostrophy some accessories. Hmmmm, I dunno, but it is really fantastic.

I also like speckled. That'd actually suit Chaostrophy, too, with her custom design. Maybe I should go Halloween + speckled. Is there a way to find out what that looks like?
Image Image
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

For anyone who is interested, I screenied an unclothed Halloween Hissi.

TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Halloween is pretty cool, though I don't care for the base at all. Speckled is very subtle, a bit too much, but it's decent enough.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

The base is "meh" for me, but those bones could indeed look pretty cool on other Hissis. I'm curious to see what it'd look like on White or perhaps Island.

And speckle is subtle, but I think it's rather pretty that way. Pretty good day!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I really love how subtle speckled is; it fits the Hissi somehow. It's a very pretty color on it, probably one of my favorite speckled pets.

Halloween is all sorts of awesome- the bones at least. I don't really care for the base, but it could make for an awesome double-painted pet :3
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The naked hissi makes me think of Darigan, probably because of the quetzal. Although, the green eyes make a perfect fit for bloodred. I think I'd like the bones if you could remove the wing things. They're big and clunky and remind me of oven mitts.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Halloween doesn't feel Halloweeny enough to me, though I'm sure the bone wearables would look good on an Island or Shadow or another coloured pet. Also I agree that the beige underbelly is a little off.

Speckled is pretty and nicely subtle - the pattern reminds me of a lawn with clusters of daisies on it, very appropriate for the time of year in the Northern Hemisphere!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

The Halloween Hissi is one of my favorite new pets in quite a while, but I tend to like anything that is skeleton-like. If my Hissi wasn't UC Darigan, I'd consider double painting her for the accessories.

I still really hate the hands/wings on converted Hissis though, and this one is no exception.
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

Hmmm halloween is really nice but something about it is bothering me. I think it's the base colour. Some pretty cool wearables, though.

Speckled looks like a green hissi rolled in some flour.