Desert and Speckled Yurbles

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Desert and Speckled Yurbles

Post by Nogitsune »

Thanks to Jellyneo:

Image Image

The Desert one is sorta interesting but looks almost like Yellow with clothes... The specked is back to the old polkadot effect and doesn't even have any on the mane - how lazy.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Desert and Speckled Yurbles

Post by Seerow »

Apparently the Yurble looks strange without a mane. The rest of the Desert outfit is kinda neat though and would probably look nice on another base. Would have been nicer still if it had a staff or something to hold. Or a mop!

Speckled is rather lazy, which is sad cause if more effort had been put into it I think it might have ended up looking really near.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Desert does look odd without the neck ruff, it's not to bad, I like the hat and sandles. But the robe/dress looks kinda flat to me, like the Yurble isn't wearing it. May just be the checkered design xD

Speckled is ok, I like the shade of green they've used for the neck ruff, and personally I like the ruff without any specks on it. I think it would have looked to busy with some on.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Desert looks OK and I like the wearables, but I think it would have been better with a darker/more interesting base shade, maybe the dark tan of the Desert Mynci.

Speckled is boring but not awful. The dots are too uniform though - the nicer Speckled pets such as the Grundo are always less polka-dotted.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Why couldn't they give Desert something to hold? He looks like some ~arabian nights~ ish merchant or something. Totally needs an oil lamp or something.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I don't think the Speckled's green mane is lazy-- I think it sets off the speckly bits quite nicely, and doesn't do things to the eyes. Speckled, like Glowing, never seems to be an adventurous colour (don't know why), but I don't think this one's a bad job for what it is. Mind you, I speak as a non-Yurble owner.

Desert is interesting. I know the base colour looks like yellow on its own, but it's definitely different from the Yellow Yurble, and I like it better. Less brash, although Yurbles aren't generally subtle beasties. I'm a little puzzled as to where the mane is being kept-- under his hat maybe? I'll be interested to see if he's bald with the hat off. Also, how come he's got dark paw-pads on his forepaws like the ones on most Yurbles' hindpaws? Deliberate, do you think, or miscommunication somewhere along the line?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
varii

Post by varii »

Hmm. I think I actually like both of these. Desert could use some Eyeliner and something in its hand, but I think the creativity used in its head piece and outfit in general. I am quite over the gold head piece + diaper standard that Desert usually is. I really like the base colour, too. I think the only things the Desert Yurble is lacking in my mind is something to hold and a beard. With those it would have been perfect.

Speckled is a nice speckled. I don't like Yurbles, but I think this colour is well done for them. It's subtle and actually looks like the artist took some time to shade the speckles instead of just having bright white dots in the shadows.

Decent Yurble day.
rei @ neopets
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Neither color is amazing, but nor are they offensive. All in all, 2 very decent colors imo.

Are TNT ever gonna draw something in those fists? I mean, I know they do for the occasional non-paintbrush outfits, but never for the paintbrush colors that give clothes. What gives?
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

I really like desert. Though it's clothes DO look flat. Whats that bit of fur behind it's right leg, as well? A tail..? I think the little guy is cute.

Speckled is alright. Pretty boring, but I do love that green they used on the mane..
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The clothes on the desert are interesting. They replace that horrible mane, which is a good thing. Speckled is fairly normal; not good or bad, just decent. I never really liked yurbles. After the revamp, I liked them less. These don't make me like them more.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The only thing I don't get is why the Desert has a tuft for a tail, and the Speckled doesn't? o-0
Lazy artists.
Hittnut

Post by Hittnut »

Speckled is... speckled. Myah. Could use some dots on the mane.

On the other hand, I really enjoy desert! I like the base color on it's own. Some ideas for the clothing:

I'm not sure how the curls on the Royalboy would overlay, but the color looks good with the desert clothes. INot so sure about the brown one... way too chocolatey I think.

Edit: Gah! JPG killed colors! how on earth could I save with that resolution??? Sorry people. I'll remake those.