Zombie and Jelly Acaras

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Zombie and Jelly Acaras

Post by Tom »

I was just cruising past Jellyneo when I saw that the latest Acara colours had been posted up:
Image Image

I find the teal colour they have for the zombie rather unpleasant, personally, and am disappointed with a lack of clothes and accessories. Jelly just disturbs me beyond all words. :shock:
Subeta: Thomas
Xelio

Re: Zombie and Jelly Acaras

Post by Xelio »

A zombie without clothes? How lazy. Perhaps there will be clothes and just the one without has had its url seep? Is that even possible? I simultaneous like and dislike how wide the eyes are on the zombie. Looks like the thing hasn't blinked the past year. The body and ear/chest colors are fine, but those feet look goofy.

For some reason the jelly one isn't showing its head tentacle things on the image I'm seeing. Others having that issue? And wow, those eyes look horribly out of place. The coloring stands out way too much on jelly.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Madge

Post by Madge »

I can't see the tentacles either.

And the first thing I thought when I saw the zombie was "What? Where are the clothes?". I always assumed it was a given that zombie means clothes.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Bizarre...Maybe it's because it's too early? I mean, Acara day's the 28th; it's only the 24th. I think there'll be clothes, we'll just have to wait. As for now, the Jelly looks so weird...That shade of green is disgusting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Urrrgh jelly pets shouldn't have real eyes. Awful. Imagine biting into jello and getting a squishy eyeball instead. Imagine it! You can't unimagine it now!

I like the look of the zombie. I don't mind if it doesn't have clothes.
Image Image
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

It might be a good idea if we waited until we're sure the colours are finished before posting them here. I highly suspect the Jelly Acara is not finished.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Madge

Post by Madge »

But pointing and laughing at demented tentacle-less acaras is FUN!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I like the green of the jelly, but I love bright colors, so that's not surprising. Little cretin does look weird without its antennae, though. Zombie is properly zombie-fied, but it might as well have clothes because you can take them off anyway. What's the point of releasing some zombies with clothes and some without? Kinda devalues the whole customization system... :<
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I think both actually look rather good (aside from the intrinsic wrongness of a hornless Acara). The Zombie hits the right balance between "Acara" and "disturbing", and the Jelly looks surprisingly gelatinous. (Jelly has always been quite a difficult colour to portray, hasn't it? So like Ice, it's hit-or-miss whether the colour actually looks like the substance.)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Nogitsune wrote:It might be a good idea if we waited until we're sure the colours are finished before posting them here. I highly suspect the Jelly Acara is not finished.
I think it's perfectly fine to post about colors whether or not they're finished? O_o We've always posted about colors, whether or not they get released. This isn't much different.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I suspect the Jelly Acara isn't finished - remember the Snow Buzz and how odd those eyes looked before it was adjusted? Also I'm sure there will be clothes for the Zombie Acara at some point, at least I hope so.

I'm not fond of the colour for the Jelly - way too bright. It's a shame as we've had some lovely Jelly pets before, for example the Jelly Tonu. The Zombie is fairly average but I quite like it.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Jelly: the eyes I can handle, it's the eyeliner that freaks me out.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Madge wrote:But pointing and laughing at demented tentacle-less acaras is FUN!
You mean thing, laughing at that poor acara's lack of appendages. You callous creature you! What about people first language? Its not a tentacle-less acara. It's an acara without tentacles. Apparently it wants to remain G-rated and we should respect that.

Also, is anyone else worried about the fuzzy eyebrow on the jelly acara? I mean, isn't fuzz on jelly a sign its rotting? Maybe zombie and jelly acaras are a little closer related than first appearance might suggest.

The above post, to clarify, is meant in jest and especially pointed at Madgey dear since I know she can take a joke. Its also a product of my being in summer session and yet another special education awareness course.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Madge

Post by Madge »

It took about 3 readngs for me to figure out that "Yau mean thing" meant you were calling me nasty. I was trying to figure out why you were correcting me with something that made so much less sense!
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

They totally faked us out:

Image Image

I'm rather impressed by Jelly, the depth of the color is really nice. It really looks like it's made of jelly to me.

The zombie is fine. I don't personally like the Zombie color in general, but the bug-eye look to this one is interesting.

The images above aren't changing so it's almost as if they posted the unfinished versions just to test us. Wow... There on to us!
-hides-
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.