Camouflage Flotsam & Darigan Flotsam

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Katy... :)

Camouflage Flotsam & Darigan Flotsam

Post by Katy... :) »

Happy Flotsam Day!
We didn't make it out too bad on colors if you ask me:

Image Image

Camo - I really like how they used an aquatic blue color palate, my only complaint is that it doesn't really look like the typical camo pattern we've seen on the other pets it looks more like squiggles on the pet. Then again, it looks more fish-like that way so I guess I'm torn, more good then bad for sure!

Darigan - IT'S NOT PURPLE!!! -catches breath- I'm very excited with this one. I love the brown color, the menacing eyes, the spikes, the fins... I didn't think they'd be able to pull this off well but I am officially impressed.

What do you think?
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Rakumel

Re: Camouflage Flotsam & Darigan Flotsam

Post by Rakumel »

I love the colors and pattern used on Camo, quite nice and it makes sense on an aquatic animal. Darigan, I'm not quite as crazy about. I think I would like it better if it didn't have so many spikes on it, or at least if the ones off its front fins were gone. They just look stuck on there. Having a black stripe over a more sharply pointed fin would've been better, imho, or if the claws had to be there, some webbing between them.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I think Camo is BRILLIANT. It looks like water ripples, this pet would totally be camouflaged by the changing light in the water! Best camo pet for me, for sure :3

Gosh, I really like it. I kind of want one. It looks all serene and fluid and lovely.

*skips Darigan*

Oh my gosh have flotsam plushies always been this cute?

ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Wow, they both look fabulous! I really love Camo, I love the colors and how it looks like moving water, rather than a boring camo pattern - really, really lovely on the Flotsam!

I for one love the Darigan, it's very creative without being over-the-top. I'm not too fond of the color, but I know it's been used on Darigan pets in the past! Anything is better than purple xD A good day for flotsams, I think!
Last edited by Jessi on 02 Jul 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Jessibean wrote:really, really lovely on the Peo!
*cough*Flotsam*cough*
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Camo looks really good, I like the combination of colours they've used. Lovely patterning as well, I think this would camoflauge much better with it's surroundings.

Darigan is nice as well, the spikes are a nice touch and I like how it isn't purple xD Those eyes are great too x3
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

EofS wrote:
Jessibean wrote:really, really lovely on the Peo!
*cough*Flotsam*cough*
Yeah, Lindsey pointed that out to me too xD All these underwater pets must blend together after a bit ;D
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Oooh I love the Camo! The colours remind me of maractite, does anyone else think so too? I kind of want one, and I don't even like Flotsams!

Darigan is nice and some originality has gone into it - I like the tattered webbing on the fins and the menacing red eye. Much better than the Darigan Koi! I'm surprised they put so much effort into the Flotsam but I'm pleased with both colours.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Camo is very pretty. Just like rippling water, as several someones have already said. XD I like darigan. It's not over the top, but it looks evil and... painful and poisonous. Really cool if you ask me. I would like to see a larger version. :D
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'd be very interested to see a blown up version of the Darigan. I have a feeling there's some details I'm missing in the tail. Really, I'm quite pleased by both colors. I won't bother restating what everyone else has, but I concur about making off better this pet day than on others.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Bagerzz

Post by Bagerzz »

Camo is preeety. 8D If flotsams were in a different pose I would want one. =D

Darigan is pretty cool! I like the spikes. =D

I only wish they would make a new color for darigan. Its the same color as a darigan grarrl..

A nice shade of dark green would be nice.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Purple, Mustard Yellow, Dark Red, Forest Green, and blueishy grey seem to be the darigan colours they tend to use..:O Im glad they went with yellow, there arent many that are that colour.

Camo is niiiice , it actually blends with the place it lives in! Darigan reminds me of a lion fish...almost. :3 clawed fins. tee hee.
Image Image
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage
Bigger versions of the two.

I rather adore the Camo. Not really a pet I'd own, but it is really lovely in its own right.
Darigan is one of the best Darigans released in 2.0, so that's saying something. I like the browns used and the sort of Tyrannian feel is has.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Ohh, bigger version is better..x3 Darigan one looks like its saying "COME 'ERE" or something
Image Image
ImageImage
stitchedreams

Post by stitchedreams »

Wow, the camo Flotsam is rather pretty! I love the colours - beautiful! I think I might get one, camo pbs are quite cheap.

I'm not a fan of Darigan pets, so I don't have anything to say. xD