Chocolate and Silver Blumaroos

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Pyrostatic

Chocolate and Silver Blumaroos

Post by Pyrostatic »

I don't really understand the Chocolate. The swirl is interesting. I guess it adds uniqueness to it. I dunno, I think I'd rather see a blank tummy Chocolate Blumy than some stupid swirl. And the cherries hanging upside-down on the ears doesn't make sense. Is the frosting glue? Cause that would be the only way the cherries would stay in place. And the frosted nose, I think it would have been cool if it were dripping a little. Subtle things to make it interesting to look at.
Edit: Oh, and I just noticed the little hair looks like a chocolatized antenna. o_0

Silver is actually pretty nicely done. It's shaded properly and is not blindingly shiny. It's just subtle. I don't know what else to say about it. Silver is just Silver. o.o
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 07 Aug 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EofS

Re: Chocolate and Silver Blumaroos

Post by EofS »

Silver is really, really nice. The shading is pretty and it's not overly shiny. It's very pleasing on the eye.

Chocolate I like a lot, aside from the bizarre target on its stomach. I can't see the swirl as anything else - nice idea, but just not working here. I don't see the cream as cream/icing, I see it as white chocolate. Thus, the cherries are fine to me. And I love the muzzle dipped in the white chocolate - looks like a naughty child caught digging into the chocolate.

(Oooh, look at the little patterns on the feet. The stomach target aside, the patterns are all rather nice.)
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Silver is not bad for silver.

Chocolate is nice! The 'target' doesn't really bother me. Maybe a design like what the Chomby has on it's side:
But really, it's fine and better than leaving it blank, imo. Overall it's a solid chocolate pet. If chocolate wasn't a lab colour, I'd might have one :P
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Razzbunny

Post by Razzbunny »

For a species that I don't like at all really, these aren't bad. I have no interest in owning either of them but they are well done.

Silver doesn't look like grey, there is definitely a gleam to it, but not much else to say.

I quite like the Chocolate! I love the ears with the cherries and sprinkles. ^_^ And the swirly pattern is fine by me, much better than just a plain Chocolate belly. I'm interested to see larger versions, there seems to be a nice pattern down the arm too but I can't quite make it out.
Mimzi

Post by Mimzi »

Hrm, overall, they're not bad.

Silver is meh, but silver to me can only really be meh.

Chocolate's pretty nice. I kinda wish it's base were milk chocolate though. There's lots of little details that are interesting to look at, like the swirl on the head, the pattern on the arms, the feet, and the tail. I kinda wish the belly were smeared with white chocolate, rather than just a swirl, if you get what I'm saying.

Pretty good colors.

Edit: Found a way to describe the "smearing" I was talking about. I would like the belly to be like the nose, covered in white chocolate, rather then the swirl.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For those of you who want a larger version:
ImageImage

Chocolate is not too bad. The tummy target is a bit odd, though I agree it's better than leaving it blank. Silver is nice and silvery, not too gray, not too washed out. The smile looks a bit dark, though.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I see what they were going for with the swirly designs on Chocolate, but the ones on its stomach and head just don't look right.

There's always those dark chocolates that comes with squiggly designs, but I think it would have looked better if it was more random instead of a perfect swirl which looks like a target.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Has anyone ever made a gingerbread house? If you want the thing to stay together, you need some really strong icing. So yes, it can be done. My friend managed it somehow. So the cherries on the ear tips don't bother me at all. And I do love the little swirls on it. Would have been better if it wasn't a circle (maybe in an oval shape?), but it's nice all the same.

Silver's pretty decent, too, especially since there's not much you can do with it. Though I think the base color could stand to be a smidge lighter.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I agree that some of the decorations on Chocolate don't make much sense, but it's cute. I approve.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I really like the little rectangles on the chocolate's tail for some reason xD
The shading on the silver is quite nice.
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
french

Post by french »

I love the swirl thing xD
Chocolate is real nice. c:

Silver is just silver.
Nothing really interesting about it.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I quite like the chocolate - the darker, more subtle shade of brown for the chocolate is nice. The swirl is kind of weird but not unpleasant.

Silver is lovely, makes me think of a pencil drawing.

The best thing about blumaroo day, though, is clearly a book called No Need To Be Rood. Genius.
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

I quite like chocolate, I like the pattern on the arm, looks like a little flower. I like the creamed ears and cherries, and the chocolate sprinkles look yummy :P

Silver is ok, it's nicely shiny without being blinding. It's better than most of the silver pets, like the Cybunny and Draik, who don't have much of a shine on them.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

If the choclate Blumaroo didn't have the sprinkles on the ear, it would be c'est magnifique. The sprinkles don't add anything but clutter. I like the swirl, reminds me of some godiva chocolate I had a few days ago.'

I'm suprised that Blumaroos didn't have silver already, it is one of those colorfills that escape your mind.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
varii

Post by varii »

I really like both of these. Silver is a really nice and not offensive considering it is a fill colour. It is adequately shiny, I think.

Chocolate I technically like except the nose ruins it for me. The goopyness of it reminds my brain of a runny nose which automatically triggers my gag reflex. I do like the rest of the decoration though, even the swirly stomach and the cherry ears. :)
rei @ neopets