Zombie and Gold Draiks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Zombie and Gold Draiks

Post by Seerow »

ImageImage

Zombie is actually rather neat, and this is coming from someone who hates Draiks! I like the colors, it seems brighter the other Zombies. And the lack of pupils I can't quite tell whether it is intentional or another case of Mysterious Vanishing Body Part Syndrome (aka MVPS) but it's a neat affect. Kind wish he'd gotten more then just pants though.
Gold is a shiny gold, so no real complaints. Wish the eye had been a pretty blue though.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Noble fauf

Re: Zombie and Gold Draiks

Post by Noble fauf »

Zombie: I'm not much for the zombie colour, but I really like the pink veins on the draik's wings and uh... head fins? The shorts seem a little weird though.

Gold: I like the use of a sunny gold and a honey gold.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Oh, I really like the gold draik! So shiny and golden and lovely. Looks like a little relic from a palace or something.

Zombie is disappointing...but I'm actually happy about that. I was worried it was going to get awesome clothes like the ixi did, therefore making me have to save up to get them. I can handle not having those pants xD
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'm pleasantly surprised by the zombie, the veins on the wings are a nice touch. The overall effect of the colouring is almost that of weathered stone, like a gargoyle come to life.

Gold is shiny, a pleasant choice of colours.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

The Gold is really pretty! The Zombie is OK, I'm not that big a fan of Zombie pets in general but if I got this via the lab I would be quite happy.

ETA: The Zombie Draik does have pupils! They are white, however, and are only just visible - you may have to squint to see them!
Last edited by champagnesoup on 08 Sep 2009 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Wow, Zombie is awesome!

I really like it. The colour palette is perfect, and I'm a fan of the vein details in the membranous parts. I also really like the texture that the skin appears to have. I'd like to see a large version once someone finds it. :D
Image Image
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The Zombie's eyes look so weird. They look hardly shaded. Zombie's just a colour I can't take seriously.

The Gold is stunningly beautiful. I love the wide shades of gold.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Here are the bigger images and profile images:

Image Image
Image Image

I love how much attention went into the zombie colouring but the blind eyes freak me out a bit. Also I'd prefer it without the cheerful facial expression.
I quite liked gold until I saw the little blurry image. It's been two years since they started with the blurriness of profile size images and it still grates on my nerves rather a lot despite my best efforts.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

well i think both of them are very well done for the respective colors. i like the gold because it is not a blinding gold like some other pets nor to overly dull. the zombie is nice except for the eyes they are to hard to see clearly. although the veins seem to make it more of a dieing pet rather than a zombie. because the blood in a zombie probably would no longer be circulating. the outfits for draik day are interesting i think the dress looks good but the "phantom outfit " looks strange with the tail sticking out the back. still i love the book phantom of the opera it was good.
varii

Post by varii »

I am very disappointed in the Zombie Draik and I'm not 100% sure why, but it is probably the face. I also feel like I should like the detail of the veins, but they look so drawn on and unnecessary to me. I was all ready to settle for a boring Zombie Draik, and the fact that they actually put effort into this and still fails kind of makes me sad. The facial expression really ruins the whole thing for me, I think. Most of the other Zombie pets got a facial expression change and I wish the draik had, too.

In an effort to be positive I will say that I do like the overall colouring; the tail and the face especially. And man, that Draik is ripped. I really like the detail in the pants, they look very well drawn.

I will eventually paint Zombone Zombie, but I'm in no rush. Maybe for Christmas.

Gold is nice and shiny. The wings are nice.
rei @ neopets
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The zombie looks like a cadaver! Seriously, it has autopsy marks on its' chest. That's rather awesome.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Not bad. The gold is nice and the zombie is... ok. Something about it isn't really working. The veins could have been less prominant, but I think my main problem with it is that it looks too lively (and happy). Like someone dressing up for halloween.
varii

Post by varii »

Seerow wrote:The zombie looks like a cadaver! Seriously, it has autopsy marks on its' chest. That's rather awesome.
Lol, I can't believe I didn't see that before! I thought the draik had a serious 12 pack going on.
rei @ neopets
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Gold is totally pretty. I was getting sick of that lighter, buttery color they've been using for Gold.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I like parts of and dislike parts of the zombie. I enjoy how tattery the membranes are and the detailing of the incision on the chest. The overall coloring is nicely done as well. I can't stand those pants though. They seriously look like they're falling off. And just pants? Why not some ragged shirt too? I could take or leave the veins and I think I'd prefer the black dot pupil.

Gold on the other hand is entirely lovely. The pet itself looks golden without being overwhelmingly shiny and the eyes are a pleasant amber. I can see a lot of people who have double draiks enjoying a gold and silver draik side by side on a lookup.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets