Frozen for my own protection.

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Jamie

Frozen for my own protection.

Post by Jamie »

I went to look at a gallery today and I immediately knew something bad was up, so I changed my password immediately and continued pottering around the site. After a few minutes I was logged out and upon trying to re-login I came across this:
This account has been FROZEN for the following reason:

Due to potentially suspicious activity on this username, it has been frozen for the owner's protection. This can include falling for a scam or entering information into a fake login page. If you would like information on getting this account back, please contact us by clicking here.

If you think the above reason was applied to you by mistake, please contact our support staff by clicking here. Don't forget to include your USERNAME and explain why you think your account should not have been frozen. If you DID break the rules, please do not contact us again. Your account will NOT be unfrozen and you will not get your Neopet or items returned. But, you are welcome to create a new account, as long as you follow the rules.

Remember to read our Terms and Conditions thoroughly.
Sigh, I'm submitting a 'ticket' now. Has anyone had particularly good service with a certain staff member?
Ailiel

Re: Frozen for my own protection.

Post by Ailiel »

Apparently this is going around right now. All the boards are in an uproar over cookie grabbers again. Or did it ever really go away? Feels like it's been several months of this now. Apparently in full swing again.

They should just disallow all user edited coding on the site and be done with it. It's really ridiculous.

But in answer to your question I haven't had to deal with this (yet) so I don't know anybody. I imagine backlog of people with the same situation is going to be your biggest hurdle in getting your account restored.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh, Jamie, I am so sorry. >.>

So far as helpful staff, about a year ago, I changed my password, and then the next time I tried to log in, I just . . . couldn't. So I sent for it, and it was what I'd been trying - I thought. So I sent off a support request -- and to let them know I was the one beating on the door -- and within 24 hours, Heather T had gotten back to me. Seems I'd put a space at the beginning, and I wasn't seeing that when they sent me my password. *still headdesking, many months later*

So I'd try her (heathert@support.neopets.com) and, of course, Charlotte (charlotte@support.neopets.com).

And, who knows? Maybe the new support ticket system will prove helpful. Maybe.

If you don't mind sharing - do you remember the gallery or the username involved? x.x
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Ugh, it's a big uproar this weekend about an UC plushie draik. Someone had put that it was up for adoption, and anyone that clicked on the draik's lookup, the owner's lookup, or the gallery/shop of the owner were supposedly CG'd. And what I'm also hearing is that it's some kind of malicious code that attaches to the viewer, so that if you look at it, you become an infect-er, and then if anyone looks at YOUR pet's lookup THEY will get CG'd by the original person. (People on the boards have just been checking their pet descriptions/profiles for weird numbers and clearing them)

I don't know if this is bullcrap though - could just be fear mongering. Personally I just have NoScript activated and I'm not visiting any pet profiles/user profiles this week!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Rah wrote:Personally I just have NoScript activated and I'm not visiting any pet profiles/user profiles this week!
Not to want to scare you even more... but when I got hacked and lost everything last year, it was despite having NoScript... Of course Neo weren't forthcoming on how I could have been hacked ("never give your password to anyone else" "don't put your password in anywhere but neopets.com" etc) so I have no idea what exploit was used. But it got round NoScript.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Yeah, there seems to be a way around everything. I should have added - as well as that, I'm not clicking on any links, I'm basically on basic play mode. That is, I get on with my dailies and zapping and then go back to subeta. Well, I also read the pound boards but as far as I know right now just reading them doesn't do anything!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'm trying to avoid reading boards, because when I do I always find myself tempted to visit something, be it a gallery or a lookup, thinking to myself, 'well, that account's ninety-nine million years old, it's surely safe!' -- which, of course, is how you get grabbed.

So I'm doing my version of basic play as well, which is dailies, zapping, and then spend the rest of the time playing NQII. No interaction with the masses, so I should be safe.

In theory. *twitch*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Thank you very much for the email addresses Kamil, I've heard good things about Charlotte before. I've both sent them a mammoth email with a heap of information about my account that only the owner of it would know. I'm hoping this all gets sorted out soon enough. Though on an unrelated note my study habits seem to have improved significantly!
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

not again well there goes adding things to my gallery *sigh * :( no more user shops,galleries,neoboards,lookups (other than my own), well now i will only be playing games,shopping in the nc mall, dailies, or well talking to others on my non neo sites. come on TNT this really needs to be permanently fixed.
gigandetsqueen

Post by gigandetsqueen »

Hi there,

I've never posted in these forums but I came across this thread while searching Google. I just wanted to say that I think we fell victim to the same gallery :( I had been on the NeoBoards August 8th and followed a link someone left to their gallery. I, too, got a bad feeling about it. I logged out, closed my session, logged back in and changed my password. However, after a few minutes I was logged out and given the same message about my account being frozen by my protection. It was the same weekend that the UC Plushie Draik hysteria was going on, and I had just been reading message boards on how to protect yourself when it happened to me. I feel SO stupid and I am so heartbroken. I'm still waiting on TNT to get back to me. I sent an initial ticket the day it happened and I just sent another one today. Still no responses. Here's hoping for both of our accounts to come back to us :)
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Dear Jamie,

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Your account has been unfrozen and the password has been reset. This information has been emailed to you at the email address listed on the account. Thank you for your patience and have fun playing!

Rico S.
yay!
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Yay, glad you got your account back!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yay! I hope everything is intact!