TNT says: You're not going to get your account back

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Hittnut

TNT says: You're not going to get your account back

Post by Hittnut »

Back in 2009, my account was frozen due to my e-mail being hacked and my password being retrieved from there. I sent forms asking for it back, but I was never answered. Losing the first pet I ever painted, LouisXIV, the usuki usul, was enough to push me away from Neopets for quite some time. I went back to the site a few months ago and discovered the ticket system. Finally, after a month, I was answered, but, sadly, I just got an apologize and was told that, since it happened long ago, they couldn't discover the rightful owner of the account.

Here is what they told me:
It appears this account has been frozen for quite some time! We have several policies in place to protect our users’ safety and privacy. As with all of our policies involving account security, we only release information about an account to a user if we are absolutely sure we are corresponding with the original owner of the account.

When an account has been inactive for as long as yours, it is impossible to review the original situation that caused the account to be frozen or verify the original owner. As outlined in our Terms and Conditions, accounts that have been inactive for a significant amount of time are subject to removal and information on these accounts may no longer be saved.

Unfortunately, this means the account cannot be unfrozen and no items, Neopets, or Neopoints can be returned. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Rico S.
I'm just sad. My account wouldn't been frozen for such a long time if I had got an answer before. I provided information only I could know, the contents of my closet, the pets I adopted or transferred, the prize codes I redeemed, but I guess they can't go through my account anymore and see I was telling the truth. :( But the saddest thing is that a scammer has gotten away with it and my still be stealing and causing honest people to be frozen.
invaderhorizongreen

Re: TNT says: You're not going to get your account back

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

this just makes me want to say $$$$ you TNT and thanks for dragging your feet in getting back to me! thanks for not letting me get my account back even though i gave you item codes that no one else would know! thanks for letting me know that all i worked for is now gone forever!

oh and by the way your security SUCKS BIG TIME sorry ranting i feel very sorry for you right now but this breach and freezing is getting way out of hand!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I think you've provided enough info like redeemed game codes and such. It's pretty sad that it's not enough. I would've first thought to have blamed it on the massive backlog of frozen accounts. Mistress Morbid hadn't logged in in years, and got 3 of her 4 pets back from someone who stole them off her account. How long was it before you filed a report before you realized they were gone?
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

What, that's so frustrating. =( They take forever to get to it just so they don't have to do anything. Or at least that's what it feels like.

I would totally keep at it, just on principle.
Image Image
Hittnut

Post by Hittnut »

Thanks for the support, folks, I might continue to send reports just for the sake of a better explanation why can't they do it because it has been some time. :|
How long was it before you filed a report before you realized they were gone?
I believe I hadn't logged in for a few days when I realized my account was frozen. I immediately filled reports, and hadn't heard from then until now.