Neopia has one less UC Grey Yurble tonight

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Kantark

Neopia has one less UC Grey Yurble tonight

Post by Kantark »

How difficult is it to click the radio button under the lab rat, rather than the adjacent one? That thing that I do correctly every day and have done for ~4 years?
I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT.

This feels immeasurably worse than having someone crash into my car yesterday.

I feel sick... If anyone wants me I'll be weeping in the corner.
Last edited by Kantark on 10 Apr 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Elucifer

Re: Neopia has one less UC Grey Yurble tonight

Post by Elucifer »

They should....well, I don't know what they could do to make it less risky of zapping a UC.
i'm so sorry for your loss. If only TNT would compensate for such an unfortunate mistake. Do you think they'll change her back if you send in a ticket? :c
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Oh wow. :( I'm sorry.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

A long time ago I had a suggestion for TNT to make it so you can select which of your pets appear on the zapping screen. So the ones you don't want to zap won't show up on the zapping page at all. And this would never have to happen. :/ I'm really sorry to hear that, Kantark. If the people in charge had any brains they would let people unconvert their pets at will, and a lot more people would still be playing.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Elucifer, I will try and put a ticket in (though under which category I have no idea) and plead for a revertion. I realise this situation is entirely down to my own stupidity, so I'd understand if they can't do anything about it. I don't know if there's a precedent.

Cyro, yes, that would have been handy! Of course I could have moved Frippery off my main labbing account to eliminate the risk, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

Best of luck with the ticket! I agree with Cyro. I mean, the only hard part for the artists would be to draw one pose for all the redraw colours (Grey and such) that exist, like the Grey Ogrin. And honestly, it's not that hard.

Whatever did happen to that "Neopian Justice is served." or whatever it was called on the Coming Soon! page? It was added right after the site overhaul.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh man, I'm so sorry, Kantark. =( Internet hugs and cookies! Bare consolation, I know. I've accidentally zapped my krawk before--nothing happened, but I wanted to faint. It's such a horrible feeling.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh Kantark, I am so sorry that happened to you :( It always seems to happen on the one time you zap another pet then your labbie! I've zapped my UC Faerie Peophin twice and I thank the stars that she never had anything other then stat changes.

I really hope that TNT can re-unconvert your pet for you.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Oh no, sorry to hear that happened Kantark. Actually something similar happened to someone in my guild, they accidentally used some kind of transmogrification potion on their UC Plushie Flotsam instead of a different pet.

I've sent in a few tickets asking TNT to make it so that color and species changing items and site areas (like the magma pool, rainbow pool, etc.) are inaccessible to UC pets. So if you tried to paint, or zap, or morph, or kaleido negg an UC pet, you would return an error: "Sorry, Petname must be converted in order to use XYZ feature." Since conversions are covered by a PIN, I could feel at least a little more secure. My UC pets being converted is my greatest fear should my account become compromised for whatever reason.

I do occasionally zap on an account with an UC pet on it. He's not next to my lab pet, so I feel pretty safe, but you never know. All it takes is one slip of the hand.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

:-(
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'm with Ailiel. Those sound like excellent suggestions. They don't help with poor Frippery's case at the moment, but goodness, something needs to be done. I feel sick over such a happening and it's not even my pet.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Faun

Post by Faun »

Oh my Goodness I cannot believe that happened. ;_______;
Best of luck with the ticket.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Oh my god, that's terrible ;__; I agree with Xelio, I really hope something can be done to prevent this happening again D: Good luck with the ticket.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm so sorry, Kantark :( I remember you helping me out when I accidentally zapped Nepaira, but of course that was back when that could be fixed. I wish I could help you now.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Ugh, oh my God - that sucks! I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Best of luck with your ticket, Kantark.