Stolen Account

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
PennyLane

Re: Stolen Account

Post by PennyLane »

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml ... nshinebear

This account has been disabled.

I have no idea why this happened on a Sunday night, but I am thrilled =) It couldn't have been Delilah from support who responded to my ticket since they're not around on weekends, so maybe the hacker did something stupid and got iced on his own. Either way, he can't mess with my account any more =D
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'm glad to hear this :-)

Now just the process of getting it back.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Still rooting for you, Penny.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Same here! I'm hoping that having them frozen is a sign of progress, odd as it seems.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Dwayne O. just responded to my original ticket asking for the email address I used when creating my account, my NC purchases, and what fansites I've been to recently. I *think* i have the email address right....I gave 2 because I'm not sure which it was, but I've never bought NC. I used the little free NC that I got from some event but that's it. I really hope he doesn't refuse to give me my account back because I don't have reference numbers for NC purchases. I gave so much other proof D=
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

It's not like NC purchases can be all he'll look at, hopefully they will give you your account back in swift order! I just hope they can do something about your old pets. Or at the very least let you keep that Draik that randomly appeared so you can trade it @@
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

It's just weird that i sent in this huge ticket with tons of information, including the NC purchase thing and then I get a short response asking for NC purchase info and my original email address. I think all the other stuff proves that the account is mine but I don't know what they really look at. And from the fansite question I guess he's assuming I was cookie grabbed. I explained that this happened when I wasn't actively playing neopets and I don't really even go on fansites besides NC. I have bought some neopets merchandise over the years but I don't even have the codes for that stuff anymore. I did tell them what items they were, hopefully they can tell what item a code comes from.

SO honestly it looks like right now me getting my account back depends on whether or not I know the email I used to sign up for the site with over 7 years ago D=

I have a question for those that this has happened to before. How do they go about giving back an account? Will they just unfreeze it and give me the current password? Do they change the password and give me the new one?
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

When I lost access to my side account, they changed the password and sent the new one to me. Good luck.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I have no idea if this is related, but I have gotten a total of four emails now saying that I requested the account info associated with the email. I obviously have not and it worries me that it the email not only includes my usernames but also my password. I've changed the passwords on all my accounts but still troubling. I'm not even sure how they got my email, it's not exactly common knowledge. *Sigh*

Ash, our accounts are just too cool to be left alone I guess!!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Like I said in my PM Heto, if I were you I'd make a new email account and change over all of my accounts to that one D= I'm so paranoid now.

I would want your account for that great faerie trophy you have now =D I wish I had been around for that plot because I really like the trophy!
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml? ... _alysabeth

Double posting to say YAY my chomby is frozen! The account she's been on is frozen so I can't tell if she is back on my account or not. But this is a good sign I think.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Progress! =D
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

OMG! i just checked the account she was on before that one, and it is frozen as well! Wow, I wonder if they checked IP addresses and found that they belonged to the hacker.

*edit*

Anyone know what it means when a ticket has a new "last updated" time but there isn't a message from a staffer on it? One of my tickets is showing a last update time of one hour ago but no message for me.

Wow what a sneak. I just checked my chomby's google cache page and the latest updated one shows her on the last account she was on WITH her royal clothes on, 7 days ago. I had a feeling the hacker was just transferring her around with no clothes on to make her look pounded @@
Madge

Post by Madge »

If it's anything like the support system I used at my tech support job, there's almost definitely a way that TNT staff can make private comments on the ticket that are only visible to other staff members - for internal things (e.g. I might use such a comment to write something like 'I had a look at their email account and the email they claimed not to have received is actually in their inbox. Waiting on advice of what to do').

So they probably wrote a note about what they did but haven't made enough progress to send you a reply, in other words.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Thanks, that makes sense. I was a tiny bit worried that something glitched and I wasn't seeing a response. Hopefully they're saying good stuff =D