Just Made it Into the NT

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Color Wheel

Just Made it Into the NT

Post by Color Wheel »

Just though I'd post that, for the first time, I've been accepted into the NT! I was on holdover for about 3 weeks, but I just got the Neomail today telling me I'd made it in. It should be published next issue. :mrgreen: (It's an article called ' The Top 10 Rarest Items in Neopia,' if anyone wants to check it out once it's published.)
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Just Made it Into the NT

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Congrats! It always feels good, but you get special congratulations for being a first-timer. ^_^
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Congrats, CW.
If you win a special prize (I guess next issue is Valentine's pecial) don't forget to tell us what it was.
I also have a held over for my third entry, but looks like it's not going to be this week.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Congratulations Color Wheel. Good feeling, isn't it?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Thanks! It's a very nice feeling.

Dargian: Huh, I guess it is the Valentines issue. I'm not sure I'll be getting anything, but I'll pose if I do.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I had my suspicions when Darigan mentioned it was the Valentines issue, and sure enough, my article will (probably) be published next week due to it being the, well, Valentines issue this week, which I had forgotten about. Sorry for the false notice! /derp/
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Well, that's strange. Generally when you send an entry for the times you first receive a "held over" notice, telling you that your piece is selected to be published in a future edition and you don't need to resubmit. Then, in the week prior to the edition your work will be published in, you receive a neomail telling you that and awarding you the trophy.
I don't know if it's a rule set in stone, but as far as I know that's how it works. By what you said it looked like you were going to be published THIS week. Have you been given your NT trophy yet?
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Darigan: I got the 'held over' notice, and then about three weeks later (the 9th) I got the notice that I had been accepted. And yes, I have gotten my trophy. Perhaps they just sent the acceptance letter unusually early for some reason.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Well, normally the acceptance letter would mean that your article would be used last week.
You could wait one more issue to see if it get's published or, in case you'd like to contact Droplet (the editor), you could make a post here and ask if everything is alright.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Darigan: I'm going to wait until this week's issue is published before I contact anyone. Thanks for the link and the help though!~
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Congrats (again), CW.

You article has just been published.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Yep, there it is! Sorry about all the confusion. xD
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hurrah! Congrats! :D
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Nice article :-)

I'm off to check my SDB, but I don't hold out much hope of becoming exceedingly rich overnight.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Thanks!~

Kantark: xD