Frozen

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Frozen

Post by zebru »

Well, damn.

I was playing in my closet dressing up Ocy, got logged out suddenly and when logging in got greeted with frozen message.
This account has been FROZEN for the following reason:
Due to potentially suspicious activity on this username, it has been frozen for the owner's protection. This can include falling for a scam or entering information into a fake login page. If you would like information on getting this account back, please contact us by clicking here.
I think I visited one player profile today two hours ago and the rest of it I spent on Jellyneo/Sunnyneo (I don't think those were compromised). I really don't remember having clicked anything suspicious.

I was so sure I was completely safe with Request Policy and No script add ons, but apparently not.
Do I submit a regular ticket from my side account or is there a special form for this?
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Frozen

Post by thelonetiel »

Oh, damn! I'm so sorry to hear that Zebru!

Definitely submit something from a side account - otherwise you can't really track the progress of the ticket. I don't think there is a specific form, but there's probably a ticket category related to scammed or frozen accounts.

My fingers are crossed for you! I hope they can figure it out smoothly without any of the bumps that sometimes happen.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yikes! :-( I hope it gets resolved soon and that you get everything back completely intact.

TNT are notorious for not telling you what's up, what "flagged" them to your account, how long it might take, or anything when something like this happens.

Sorry about this, hope you can get back to playing on your main soon.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Oh zebru, I hope everything is set right in a timely manner. It happened to me a while ago and it took a bit of time for them to sort it out, but it was done eventually. It will all work out for you! Still a pain in the butt for you though.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Aw, I'm sorry zebru. :(

I'm sure things will get straightened out. I got frozen for the same reason, and it's the fastest reason they'll unfreeze you. Do you have premium? I don't know if they discontinued webmail, but your request will get better priority with it.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Sending thawing thoughts your way! Hopefully you will get your acount back sson!
Fury

Post by Fury »

Aw Zebru, that sucks! I'm sorry to hear it.

Here's to a speedy retrieval of your account.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

What?! Bad luck Zebru :-(

At least your account is safe while frozen, in case you did get CG'd. I hope they get the account back to you ASAP, and also if someone did get in there then everything is still in place.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

Ack, good luck. Sounds like it probably got caught fairly quickly, so hopefully there's not too much damage done. Good luck getting back in again. At least these days they're fairly good at a) catching compromised accounts and b) giving them back to the rightful owner, if not in a particularly timely fashion. (Although when it happened to me I first had to convince them that my account ever existed as they initially denied that! I linked them to my art gallery entries and they conceded that yes, I did exist.)
zebru

Post by zebru »

Thank you guys! I hope I'm back on my main in a month or two (I think I read somewhere one month is the most common waiting period).

I stayed up till 5am the night it happened and submitted my ticket with a big bunch of screenies and few pages of various data about my account. 2-3 years ago I made a just-in-case word file with a lot of info about my main using the pp guide on ~ShimmeringBliss - some of it was a bit outdated but a big part proved very useful since I forgot a lot of details. Fingers crossed it all goes without major bumps.

I remember that EofS - crazy that you had to prove the existence of your main. I think I'll be a bit more religious with taking screenies from now on. Also I might do the word file for my side accounts to - you never know.
Usul, there's a tick box in the submission form asking whether you have premium, so hopefully that helps a bit. My neo webmail has been down for a while now.
Image Image
zebru

Post by zebru »

Unfrozen today!!! =DDDD
I had a strange bout of neoluck and got unfrozen in record time (less than four days!). No explanation as to what happened to warrant freezing for my protection of course, but not much seems out of place and most importantly my Ocy is right where I left him. I wish they were this efficient for everyone - there's still plenty of people waiting for months and months.
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Wow, I am impressed! And very happy for you and Ocy. Fantastic luck. =)
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Awesome zebru :) Congrats on getting unfrozen so quickly!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Fabulous, congratulations! Yes, i wish they were this quick resolving it for everyone. Glad you've got it back!
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Excellent news! That was amazingly quick! Glad all is where it should be.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo