(Old) Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I was zapping a lab-adopt pet who already had someone claiming her if she turned a nice color. She recently turned into a Peophin and Spotted. Last night, she turned Desert! I asked the go-between friend to see if the adopter liked that color, and if not then I'd find another taker for her (due to the really nice in-demand color) and make another zappy pet. The adopter REALLY liked the Desert Peophin change though, and so now she has a happy new home. :-D

And thus I freed up space for Zebruka to be turned Maraquan. Since she won't be able to move off the account for a few days, she's getting zapped, and I have some cheaply-gotten GUMPs in the SDB just in case. I seriously doubt she'll turn Maraquan through zapping, but there's no harm in playing. And I'm not terribly worried about gender changes. That's easy to fix throuh battling or patience.

And then I get to make another zap-adopter. I love it. :-)

Aggravating little woe: I was playing Kass Basher for WC tonight, and I got the tree. I've been wondering for a while if the "not full swing" thing can happen with it, and if so then it would be all my luck that it would. Yep. It did. GAH! Of all the years I've played it, that's only the second time I've gotten the tree. What an annoying twist to that game....
Madge

Post by Madge »

Fjorab - what is this "not full swing" thing you speak of? Is it some sort of sacred knowledge handed down only to the worshippers of the space faerie?
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I don't know if it's just me, but I've had it happen on all various computers I've used to play it.

Sometimes, on Kass Basher, I click to swing the bat, but it doesn't swing all the way...like when a baseball player starts to swing the bat at a ball and realizes mid-swing that it's not good and so they stop short so they don't get a strike counted. But in this instance, I'm not the one making it happen. I KNOW there have been many times I would have hit that silly Kass, but the bat would stop short of the full motion. I know that not-fun random things happen on lots of Flash type games on Neopets, but this one annoys me in particular.

And that's what happened with the rare tree that time, damn my luck. X-(
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

Kind of a silly achievement, but my Neopets bank interest is now enough to fund my daily stock purchases. It makes me happy. :)
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

That's not a silly achievement, it's an amazing one! Congrats! Who was doing that last time on this thread... I think it was Cranberry.

I'm tempted to liquidate just to be able to do that. But I'm unreasonably attached to my set now that it's actually coming together. /wusses out

Edit: GL getting that maraquan uni zap, Fjorab! I'm trying for it too. I've gotten halloween so far, which I adopted out (Nightsteeds are cool but not the look I'm going for).
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Aurinona wrote:Kind of a silly achievement, but my Neopets bank interest is now enough to fund my daily stock purchases. It makes me happy. :)
Wow... I'm only about a third of the way to that point.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Haha, yeah, my interest used to be just over 20k per day... but that ended once I spent around 41 mil on a LEV and started training nonstop with red codestones! Now it's between 4 and 5k. :(

(I love my pet and his battleset, though! Totally worth it.)
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Cranberry wrote:Now it's between 4 and 5k. :(
Mine is like between 3 and 4 hundred. Haha! :P
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, I'm darned impressed with that! I'm sure I'd have much more NP if I hadn't gone through several times of spending splurges, perhaps a few inflated items swindles (ugh, should've known better), etc. My interest is about 1111 right now. I'd like a LEV, but I'm actually not terribly worried about getting one now. I can beat Snowager fairly easily, so I'm rather pleased as it is.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Woo got the Gadgadsgame and Eliv Thade avatars. I know those are two of the fairly easy game avatars to get but I'd been having a lot of bad luck with Gadgadsgame until recently and Eliv Thade is just time consuming.

By the way, can people play Dice Escape or Gourmet Club Bowls? I can get those avatars but they don't work properly even though I've apparently installed the Shockwave plug-ins. They either don't load or I can't click on them. :/

While I'm on the subject of avatars, I don't suppose anyone here has any avatar items I could borrow? (FQD, ZDAP, Icy Snowflake etc.) I've decided to collect avatars again but I don't like using the Neoboards these days, it makes me paranoid, so I'm either gonna have to buy the items/petss myself or find some other ways of getting them. The avatars I need are here. ^_^ [/noshame]
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I got an Island Petpet Paint Brush today in a RE - unfortunately proved to be surprisingly hard to sell, but I sold it for 270k which isn't *that* bad.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I found a lab map piece that was worth over 120k while betting on food club this afternoon.
I put it in the trades and asked for 115,000 and within minutes there were at least 5 bids -- all for at least 115k!
I accepted the offer of 121,000. :D
Gotta love those TP stalkers who are always looking to buy cheap lab pieces and re-sell them for a higher price. LOL
varii

Post by varii »

Today must be the day for REs. I got a Flotsam Transmogrification potion from Sloth today while training. Otherwise my neolife has stagnated as of late. :/
rei @ neopets
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Grats on all your positive REs!

Check out what my RE got me...
Sloth's Invasion Tax 223,880 Points Grand Master
200k lost to that buttface Sloth. Rawrr.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Geez, how many did you have out total, Larkspurlane? XD