Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
chocolatefairy13

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I haven't spent as much time on Neo in the past year as I would like, but I did take the time to place bets in the first round of the Staff Tourney on the Altador Cup...
And boy did I guess right!
Spoiler: open/close
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

well my acevement is that i got to a rank 8 this year! so i am happy my woe is i am still not finished with my goals on neo yet * lots of feet dragging*
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I read a Neopian Times guide on Round Table Poker and decided to go for its basic trophy. Lo and behold:
It's a decent money-spinner - there's no daily cap on np from it, so you can blitz through to the end of tournament 5 in one go. If you've played poker before (it's five-card draw, ew) and pay attention to the faces at the two points the article mentions (after the deal and after the discard) it's quite straightforward.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Grrr, EEEE hit 100 while I was asleep, and now it's back down to 85. First time I've missed a sell at 100 :(.

(the place I keep track of my portfolio at has a service that emails you when stocks reach your sell point. It's also a little depressing sigh)
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Nice trophy, Jazzy, and thanks for giving the guide link. I might have to give that one a try here at some point.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I found it good fun, though the cards are hopelessly rigged. Sometimes that's in your favour, but I've never seen so many straight flushes and four-of-a-kinds before. Part of it is that the discard obviously makes it easier to construct nice hands than in Holdem or similar, but part of it genuinely is that if you've got, say, 8-9-10-Q all of diamonds plus an offsuit card (which is improbable enough to start with), if you discard the offsuit card you will usually get the jack of diamonds. That sort of result was happening too often for me to just put it down to a fluke.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Oh butts, I died on NQ1 insane. That's what I get for not thinking a wadget can do that much damage in one hit and I'll be fine to heal next turn @_@

I was level 15, too!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The ray is fired at flying_starz...... and she gains 5 maximum hit points!!!!

Bringing her up to 1004 hps! She'd been at 999 for about two weeks now, I'm glade she's finally over the 1k mark.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

That's a lot of hit points. Wow.

Well, maybe it's not on insane and cool like Madge, but I did finish Neoquest I yesterday and Neoquest II today, after having bounced back and forth between them for a while. Least I got some avatars and trophies, even if the item I got from NQII was pretty cheap. Really, with the game out so long, I guess all the items are now.
Subeta - Neopets
Madge

Post by Madge »

Congrats, Xelio! You now must have some lovely trophies on your account to admire!

I admit I'm mostly playing InSaNe! for the trophy, though the BD item from NQII won't go astray.

Dying at level 15 in NQ1 was a bit of a wake up call, though. I'm gonna be SO OVERLEVELLED for everything.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Grinding levels in NQI was the pits. I was feeling like my old Warcraft days were back. Best of luck doing the insanity of InSaNe mode.

...I wonder why it makes it so much more fun to type insane when one alternates capitalization.
Subeta - Neopets
Fury

Post by Fury »

Madge wrote:Congrats, Xelio! You now must have some lovely trophies on your account to admire!

I admit I'm mostly playing InSaNe! for the trophy, though the BD item from NQII won't go astray.

Dying at level 15 in NQ1 was a bit of a wake up call, though. I'm gonna be SO OVERLEVELLED for everything.
Good luck! Really go mad with the overlevelling - I died on King Terask, THE FINAL BOSS, on Insane on my first go. I was so shocked, I just sat and stared at the screen for a good long while. I didn't feel like starting again for a very long time, LOL.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Oh my goodness, Fury, I would have CRIED! Did you end up trying again?

You can't overlevel for the final boss though :(. You just get up to level 50 and you're like "OH WAIT". On NQ2 though I plan to take Talinia along with me (I played Evil without her).

I'm not too worried about NQ1 though since Evil was such a friggin' walk in the park and I barely used any potions on Mastermind. I'll still probably spend 8 hours wandering around the palace picking up potions though :P
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Good luck with your Neoquesting.

NQI Insane was very hard for me and very much an exercise in patience. I died twice at the very end - once against the first of the three bosses, once at the last of them (and once against Archmagus of Roo too).

Anyway, I'm a NQ geek and always enjoy NQ talk. =P
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Spoiler: open/close
Today is a good, good day.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.