Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Darigan

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Darigan »

Fury wrote:I've also been doing really quite well with SSW snipes recently. I screenie most of them and keep them here: http://www.neopets.com/~Headlong if anybody likes looking through these things!
Do you think we are safe from CGs forever? I avoid the wiz nowadays just for fear.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Darigan, my impression of Shop CGs is that they usually use codestones as lures. They are cheap to replace, lots of people snipe them, lots of people just look for them for training.

They don't use expensive stuff - it isn't worth replacing when the item gets bought.

I guess there is fear that a newbie will have their account hacked, a CG put in their shop, and then still stock it with occasionally cheap items, but I think that's a relatively small chance.

Someone else might know more, but that was what I understood, so sniping bigger ticket items is usually safe.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I saw that Better Than You this week was a game I'm actually good at, Meepit vs Feepit. Spent a while going through it seemingly perfectly only to end up 50 points short of the goal. Not wasting my time on that again.
derp
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

RE: CGs on Neopets, the Firefox add-on requestpolicy completely protects you from them, though it makes other sites fairly inconvenient until you've set up permissions. I don't want to drag the conversation in this sticky off-topic, but I think it's among the best things you can do to protect your account.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

minor woe: i saw a nerkmid for 155K pure on the trading post i offered exactly what they were asking and boom rejected :K darn it if you do not want 155k pure do not post that you freaking butt hat
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Apologies for hijaking the thread,and thanks for the tips.

Now on topic: I have just won the Blue Grundo Plushie avatar.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

After months of working on it, and going completely broke, I have added the last item (Autumn Leaf Welcome Mat) to my Neohome. It is, for now, done. I've entered it into the spotlight, fingers crossed and all that. Here is is if you want to check it out: http://www.neopets.com/neohome/property/show/7804352
Fury

Post by Fury »

Wow, Ailiel. Your Neohome is extremely impressive, you should definitely win the spotlight! Good luck!

Achievement:
I have decided to start up a gallery again after several failed attempts in the past. I usually end up half finishing it, getting completely bored with the idea and then selling all the items I've accrued. I am determined to stick to it this time though so here's hoping!

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=fury

I decided to do a petpetpet themed gallery because they're just so adorable and it seems do-able to complete. I'm slowly working my way through the items, sniping the p3's themselves from the SSW and buying all the other bits and pieces. I will most likely try to restock the more expensive items (Larnikin Coin, a few Mootix school items) but the rest I will buy.

:D
EofS

Post by EofS »

Very nice. They're such gorgeous items.

Are you including NC stuff?

The Miniature Floating Hot Air Balloon is one of my favourite items on the whole site.
Fury

Post by Fury »

EofS wrote:Very nice. They're such gorgeous items.

Are you including NC stuff?

The Miniature Floating Hot Air Balloon is one of my favourite items on the whole site.
Thank you for the recommendation E - I actually do have the mini Hot Air Balloon already! I agree, it's a very cute item. :D
There are actually quite a few P3 themed NC items that I now need to trade for (the Gymnastic Trinket, Draphly Wings, Colourful Draphly Hat etc.) but I look forward to the challenge!

Also, a small achievawoe:

I got a Basic Golden Nerkmid in a SHH! event. I had every intention of selling it but temptation got the better of me and I used it. I won another Nerkmid, used that one too and ended up with a Bottled Faerie. My own fault, I know. Lol.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Oops, I completely overlooked that! I think I must have been distracted by the diorama:

*Melts*
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I've got a gymnastic trinket if you want to trade ;)

Started NQ1 Insane, uh... good luck me?
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

After much training, Braedan reached level 250 today. His stats are all uneven right now, but I can start working on his strength now, AND we have access to the Secret Ninja School, which will speed things up, neopoints willing of course.

There was a time when I thought we would NEVER gain access, level 250 seemed SO FAR AWAY. But now we're in the secret club. It feels cool!

And also I got the Lenny Conundrum right last week and got the book prize too. I already had the 3rd place trophy though and no upgrade.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

So i've decided to luck-zap Tigerfilly in hopes of Maraquan, as i've often been pretty lucky in that zap for adopter pets previously. I also sold my Mara PB because they continue to deflate, and chances are i'll get one cheaper than i sold that one for if i need it.

Yesterday, Tigerfilly turned Zombie. Hah, hurrah for clothing i'll never use?

EDIT: And now Faerie, so i've got a light blue butterfly-winged Uni wearing a tattered shirt. I wish my lab luck would reserve these particular colors for my zap-adopts. :P

And now a Cybunny. GUMPing.
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 30 May 2011 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

minor woe: i got the random event with the chia and his hats he gave me a flotsam chefs hat i cant wear that i do not have that type of pet!

minor achievement: today i got the chia with the crackers i got the blueberry chia cracker.