Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Captain_Awesome

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Captain_Awesome »

Achievement: I placed in the last 3 caption contests.
Woe: TNT still has not awarded prizes.

Achievement: I got two captions in this week's Caption Contest. B)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Good job C_A! I love it when NC'ers make it in there. And I voted for you. :D

Achievement: I decided to treat myself and spent 400K 650K on my gallery after feeling so depressed yesterday. Sometimes this can be a bad thing because I'll enter into usuki junkie mode:

*Okay just 300K more and that's it, I just need some usukis..There aren't enough UC usuls out there.....IWANTSWEETPETALSBACKTONORMAL AGH*

Woe: I found this adorable thing in my quest for a super gallery: Image Graduate Usuki. Dare I say I want this more than the Y8 and the Y9 usuki combined?

ETA moar achievements: You Won 2,000 Neopoints! You are now eligible to use 'Aisha Scalawag' as an avatar on the NeoBoards! After 4 years I finally got it. Now, onto the elusive snowager avatar...
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Mini-wruh:
Favorite color in Neopia - Electric
Target zap - Maraquan Uni (to replace the one on a side that i never got attached to the name)

I just zapped the Uni Electric. Her name is Tigerfilly. It fits, but this isn't my Maraquan target. I don't want to keep this many pets on my account. Now what do i do? :-P I'm re-zapping. The way the Uni was done doesn't impress me enough to keep.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Got a weird neomail today:
A friend of mine randomly put her UN in a search engine and found her name along with yours and many others on this one site. The site had 'words' next to each name. Someone has your info and I recommend you change it now. She sent me the list of names so I'm going through and mailing people on it. Good luck , I hope its not too late. ):
My account was untouched (it's never been compromised, far as I know), and I couldn't find the site. Changed my password anyway, because that never hurts, but still, odd.

Edit: Ah, found the site. The post with all the passwords was from June 2011, and they're all in MD5-format, so I can't tell if it was accurate info. In any case, no one ever messed around in my account.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

That is really creepy o.o Glad to hear nothing actually happened to your account. Maybe someone got in but couldn't do anything without your PIN? I'm still confused about how my hacker got my passwords but not PINs on the accounts that had them on.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I read about that on Charter too. I changed my pw just to be safe, though I couldn't find the list myself.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, thanks for posting that. I hunted around, and i couldn't find it either, so hopefully mine weren't listed or targeted. My pets are all special to me, but thankfully they're not "high end" on the Neo market so to speak. It still blows my mind that people do things like that. I'll never understand. I hope people know that kind of thing is rampant.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

WOE: do to the neopets filters i cant neomail the phrase treasure chest, or rainbow uni horn WHAT THE HECK TNT??? it is not like i am being well.... inappropriate about it :K :K

what are they gonna ban next?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

mellaka wrote:I read about that on Charter too. I changed my pw just to be safe, though I couldn't find the list myself.
If you Google this: Hack Forums - [RELEASE] 114 Neopets accounts

Then that will show the thread as the first result. I can see through Googling that my username is on the list, but I can't view the actual thread (you need to be logged in, and I didn't feel like registering). In any case, things seem to be fine.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Blumaroo - Chef Bonju' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I found out about it last year a few days into Sept, and was worried that I wouldn't get my account back this year in time to get it.
Fury

Post by Fury »

This item was released in the news today.

I'm sorry but... I just had to share. It is inexplicably hilarious. And it's called 'Dark Faerie Plums'. Man.

ANYWAY

Achievement:

4 petpetpet themed items that were announced a couple of weeks ago in the news have just been released! I am looking forward to adding them. I am getting on well with my gallery so far and have added a few of the pricier/harder to find items I had on my list. Still got a fair few items to get but take a look!

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=fury
Fury

Post by Fury »

Apologies for the double post but I have a nice 'yay' I wanted to share!

I traded a pet I created ages ago today. It made me realise that I don't think I've ever traded one of my pets for somebody elses on the whole 10+ years I've been on Neo. Madness.

Anyway, I traded away Squadron - I never really got fully attached to the name and I never knew what to make him/her. I morphed and painted her into a Royal Usul but the name just didn't fit at all. So after advertising on the PC (man, that place is nuts) I finally found a name I loved.

Fuju is now a permanent pet on my account!
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Fuju

I used to be very snobby with real words/names but 'Fuju' was just too cute not to go for. She came as a green jubjub but I morphed her this evening into an Island Aisha. I am so pleased!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha, that is an adorable name! Congrats. =)
Image Image
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Apparently Invasion of Meridell is down for "maintenance". Bizarre. How long has this been going on?

...that terrible old game was one of my favorite things on Neo. :<
Bif

Post by Bif »

Well I played it in late July so...less than a month? Not sure when it started going for maintenance though.