Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

A few achievements:

I hit 9 years of Neopets on Christmas! Yes, i'm that silly, and though there have been a few scares (including one odd freezing) i still have my original account as my main.

Just a moment ago, i checked at the Magma Pool and was surprised to see pictures of my pets below it. Hurrah, i got to turn Neightmare Magma! I shall transfer her back to my side where she belongs soon.

I'm not sure what to do with my most massive stock right now, as KSON is at 78. I'll probably leave it there to see how far it goes. If it manages to hit 105, i'll definitely sell then.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

For those of you that sell at 60, UNIB just hit it :3 yay NP!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I had a very unexpected run of good luck with the NC Mall yesterday! On Tuesday afternoon, I was just about to go to Sainsbury's for a NC Mall card when it started snowing and I had to head back to the bus stop instead (because buses often stop running here with minor snow and I needed to get home before that happened). However, mellaka was very generous and sent me a Stone Statue Garden background: I'd been hankering after it for ages for my draik but thought I had nothing I could trade for it because I thought I had no NC Mall backgrounds at all and no way of getting an NC card until the snow disappears. Here's it on:
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Linotype

I then went to look at the NC Mall to see if I could find anything to spend my Expellibox 150nc on, and stumbled across the Sun Shower/Faerie Dust Shower combination, which I immediately fell in love with. Of course, I didn't have the nc to buy both. So I went to my closet to see what NC items I had to trade, and long story short, a background I had (still don't know where it came from, I have a feeling it was the Second Hand Shoppe) turned out to be an LE background retired in 2008. I'd posted on the boards to say "I've got these items, I'd love one of these four" and people were replying to say "you could swap that bg for all of those plus more items".

So, here are the pets I now have bgs for:
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Nepaira
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Mopes
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Cetzchen
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Krawkai
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Limerick

And to think I got all of that because it snowed and I was greedy and wanted two trinkets on Nepaira rather than the one I could afford :P I also got two dresses to put in my gallery.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Awww I won the petpet spotlight! That was a nice almost-birthday surprise xD

Tolovan II

I submitted this MONTHS ago. It's so corny, but I remember suddenly wanting that trophy and just threw this together xD YAY :D
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I think this is an achievement, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. I've been creating pets to get the URLs to use on this site (there are currently three remaining magmas, female gnorbu, grarrl and mynci, for which neomailing owners hasn't helped) and I've just painted a second magma, having needed to wait a week after my first one. If people want a magma pet, don't refresh like you do to attach petpetpets, lots and lots, but just refresh every so often, perhaps every 20 minutes or more. I've now refreshed about 20 times in total to get two Magma pets, and I'm now aiming for a third on my side (a poogle, to keep).
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Rah, what a lovely story. I enjoyed it so much, that I saved it to my flashdrive. (I think I saved one of Larkspurlane's stories too.)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

I finally got my usul Synthika twice painted.
Isn't she gorgeous?

Now to save up for a Geb. :x
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That's really cool! I like the contrast.
Image Image
EofS

Post by EofS »

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Grundo - Discarded Plushie' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!
Woo! My pet was "extremely happy" when visiting, and I received the np prize. I guess it's totally random when you get it.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

There is no response from the plushie, but as you turn around you kick a small object. Oh, it's a Year 10 Goodie Bag!
*stashes it for a rainy day*

Also, thanks to a gift from a kind friend, Shari has a new look:

Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

This is supposed to be an achievement, but it's an achiveawoe because I'm so cheap...

I was trying to get some advice on how to customize Coralane. (UC usukigirl) She is the most difficult pet I have to accesorize, and someone on the boards told me about the Usukicon Y11 background paired with the collectors edition usukidoll:

The woe? It set me back about 600K, and took me under the 1m mark. But she looks lovely!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Nice! I'd say it was worth it. :D After all, unless you're saving very seriously for something else, splurges like that are often a good thing.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

One of the new items at the NC Mall, the Icy Eyes, turns out to do what I never thought was possible-- it opens my Grundo's eyes fully! I've never liked that weird half-closed-eye thing Grundos have going on, but Lila is Lila and I've never really wanted to morph her, either. 150 NC that I wasn't using, and one gift box, later, and she's finally looking at the world properly.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
EofS

Post by EofS »

This is a rather depressing mini achievement:
Kriyo jumps out of the hole a few seconds later...

Wasn't that fun? Maybe you can do the same tomorrow!
Hang on, Kriyo looks somehow different...
In all my years of visiting the symol hole this is the first time I have ever, ever, got anything beyond the generic "wasn't that fun" message. Even if "Kriyo looks somehow different" turns out to mean "nothing has happened" it's nice to know that I don't have some majorly glitched account somehow. Until a month or so ago I didn't even know you could get anything from the hole!
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Yay: I won my first Keyquest paint brush today- striped.

Woe: I can only seem to manage to win 20% to 25% of games. I don't know what I'm doing wrong- I'm playing 2 player, 5 key games. In theory, this should mean that some people are winning 75% of their games. I don't know what I'm doing wrong- if I'm not being mean enough with playing powerups on people (but when I have tactically played powerups, the other player leaves the game!) or if I have the wrong route planned on the map. I often seem to get runs of throwing a 1, useless powerups, the no reward from minigames glitch, no-item-picking up powerups played on me at the critical moment... If I believed in luck, I would say that I'm pretty unlucky when it comes to Keyquest. I've tried playing different characters, but apart from the light/air/dark etc. alignment I don't think it makes any difference. And that wouldn't affect the jerks who leave just as I'm about to win... I guess my ratio would look better if I did that, and yes, it is tempting out of frustration to do that, but it's not fair and I hate it when other people do it to me.
Neopets wishlists: here