Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Madge

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by Madge »

I've never had a jerk leave just as I was about to win - I don't get the point, you've played the game 10 minutes, you'll get a silver key and about 1k for your trouble, why not stay a little?

Is it really as wide-spread as you guys describe? I literally have never had someone leave when I'm about to win, and I've played about 80 games. I've had people leave in the first couple of turns, but I don't count that.

Anyway, as far as tips go - I tend to like the ti-key board, you start in halloween/faerieland, you go aroudn the 'back' of the board (getting green and blue key, then goign to red key - hopefully you get the treasure chest with a loaded die or luck). Either you have botht he white and yellow key from minigames/treasure, or after getting to the middle of the board you go to the yellow key. If you don't have the white key from a minigame or treasure you can try and get to it but you will probably lose unless your opponent is really badly off. I've got a 52:31 record, mostly with this strategy.

The computer you use can make a huge difference for your minigames, though.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Actually, in general, I can win about 50% of minigames, if not more- which is partly why I wonder why I do so badly in terms of overall wins. I didn't bother playing on my netbook, it just wasn't powerful enough, but my new laptop has a decent spec and I don't have any issues playing the minigames.

I'll bear in mind the ti-key board- I did play it today and did well, winning plenty of keys in exactly that strategy (though it was my first time on that board, and it was just chance that I picked the right starting house and landed on the treasure) but I think it might have been one of the games when my opponent left.
Neopets wishlists: here
EofS

Post by EofS »

I had more problem with opponents leaving when I played 4 player games. I don't think I have since I started playing 2 player.

I've had stinking luck today, losing 6/6 games due to some truly atrocious misfortunes. And I think I've tracked down which game consistantly gives me the "no reward" glitch - it's the one I can win every time without trouble. *headdesk*
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

This is probably a shoddy theory, but I find I meet fewer quitters when I play against people with purchased tokens (the ones redeemed from plushies or from the NC mall).

I win gold keys 50% of the time (my collector's case which holds 249 gold keys and 248 silver ones). It's probably some combo of luck and skill since I loose pretty much every single minigame, due to my crappy 512MB RAM computer. I usually play neopia central/haunted woods/terror mountain since the other boards take longer and I never really bothered to find out how to play the others best.
I dislike using offensive power ups but it my opponent is using them with the relish, I retaliate with all I have :mrgreen:
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

EofS wrote:I had more problem with opponents leaving when I played 4 player games. I don't think I have since I started playing 2 player.

I've had stinking luck today, losing 6/6 games due to some truly atrocious misfortunes. And I think I've tracked down which game consistantly gives me the "no reward" glitch - it's the one I can win every time without trouble. *headdesk*
Which one do you think it is? I don't remember it being any one particular game. At least if I knew I might not get a reward, I wouldn't be so annoyed when it happens.
EofS

Post by EofS »

It's the one where you hold umbrellas over petpets. I'm really good at it, so win a LOT. And I've noticed consistently that I don't get a reward afterwards.

(Also, public bitching ftw - I went and played four more games after making that post and won them all ;0)
Faun

Post by Faun »

I NEVER win key quest. Everyone always drops out aw Im about to win. :(
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Aaaargh. I just lost a game, when I had 11 keys (including one of each colour). Every time chance could have fallen my way, it didn't.

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. Because playing KQ is just making me so frustrated. I guess it's only a game and I don't have to play, but dammit, it isn't that hard! I should be able to win more often.
Madge

Post by Madge »

My 25,000 shares of KSON and my waiting till 100 strategy finally paid off :D

Nigel the Chia charges 20 NP as commission.

Summary : You had 210,433 NP. After 25 successful transactions, you have 2,760,413.

$___$
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

KSON
(profile) 89 100 +11 2,000 30,000 200,000 +566.67%

Haha, I had only 2k shares. Nice profit, Madge!!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Nice, Madge! Sometimes it's worth sticking for a higher sell point! My port is currently up about 58% overall, I haven't seen that sort of figure for years. I'm so tempted to sell my KSON (now at 105!).

EDIT: What the hey... it's probably more use in my bank - just sold 20k.
Last edited by Kantark on 17 Jan 2010 07:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Summary : You had 41821 NP. After 29 successful transactions, you have 3086801.

Yep, that's my sell point now. :) Just watch it skyrocket now! :P

One of my other big ones, PEOP, is edging up. FAER isn't too shabby right now either.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Hey, does anyone know what happened to that one pet trading site? I thought it was called neopound but all I'm finding is a forum and an adoption site. Did it shut down or something? It was so useful. :x
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
varii

Post by varii »

It was neotrades but the person who ran it quit neopets and closed it down.

I hit 260 avatars today. :D At the end of the month my fire blumaroo will have aged and I'll be at 261. My goal for this year is 275 which is pretty ambitious since last year I only got 10 new ones.

Also, so many items I've been waiting for have been recently released. I am half overjoyed and half broke.
rei @ neopets
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

hey does anyone know of the so called key quest "teams" they are supposedly a group of people all using the same token and dominate the game you are playing can anyone confirm this???? also i am now back up to 10,000,000 np after getting a royal brush