Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Post minor achievements/woes here!

Post by thelonetiel »

Larkspurlane wrote:You should both be proud you managed to create pets with cool names when you first joined! I think my first attempt was along the lines of avalanche_killer_bird343434 or something (it was a lenny, the pet description when you created them said they were smart...)
I'm pretty sure I was going for "Deathwings" as a very fierce name fitting for a gryphon. I typoed, so making a unique name was an accident I can't really take much claim to... I like to think I would've gone for something else without numbers if given the option though. :P
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I would have probably come up with something simpler for Soaraxian if i had thought longer on it. I'm still surprised that nobody else had thought of Seaquus when i first started 11+ years ago - he was my first pet. There are plenty of names i wish i could grab right now, but over the years i've been surprised by what i could create - either because none of the other millions of pets had it by some miracle or because i happened to grab it after it had been cleared out.

As for AaToW, i don't have any right now except the occasional suspicion from someone requesting all account info for a certain email (they really need a way to make that harder to abuse if your email gets compromised) and the "what shall i use my FFQ for since a few are cheaper - oh crap nope, those PB prices have ALL skyrocketed again."
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

For stock marketeers who sell at 60, keep an eye on MYNC and LDSC, which both seem to be hovering around that mark.

Woe: can't find anyone who will name-swap UC fae pteris with me. (First world problems.)
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Larkspurlane wrote: Woe: can't find anyone who will name-swap UC fae pteris with me. (First world problems.)
First world indeed. What's wrong with Webbita? VWN UC that's a nice name for a pteri.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Dear Tiel

You will be pleased to know that your Neopets auction Lot No. 172244323 (Gelert Transmogrification Potion) has been successful, and that 2300000 NeoPoints have been credited to your account. Below is a list of the bids and other information.
So Lark, you asked about them? It took a week of being the only one with a price anywhere (albeit I listed as 2.5 but willing to haggle), but no one refuted the price, and someone was willing to pay for it, so I'm not feeling that guilty for having bought it years ago for 300k...

I can now afford a pirate draik egg and get myself a character that's been bouncing in my head for ages! If anyone finds one in the shore or has one to sell, let me know. :P
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Usul_Princess wrote:First world indeed. What's wrong with Webbita? VWN UC that's a nice name for a pteri.
Pet order, mostly :D so yes, very first world, lulz.

Looking forward to your new char, Tiel. I snooped your accounts a while ago and I really like your petpages/stories -- Seizelle's was especially beautiful.
Larkspurlane @ neo
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

I have not posted in ages but i do have a very big achievement for me at least. Firstly i made a side and my main pet is an eyrie named firefly_windrider_ whom i painted electric. the other three pets i got from the pound are captainplanett, Tiger_Fire_Paw, and Kalinkyas. The three of them are a kyrii, kougra, and a xwee respectively. I painted the three of them disco, fire, and striped. I really like the kougra though, and i took in the kyrii because of his name and i love them in disco.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

What's this? It looks like you found something buried in the sand...

You have received a Pirate Krawk Morphing Potion
Well, that's nice :)
covet

Post by covet »

Oooh nice, Jazzy. I do wonder what krawks/draiks will eventually end up being worth now there's a regular daily supply of them going to non-hardcore reselllers.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Oddly, most mutant pets (or rather, their TPs) are now worth more than krawks... some are even pushing the draik level.

Speaking of draiks, I was thinking of offering a draik custom for a BD pet (solely for training+retrading purposes) -- any idea what kind of HSD or what boosts I should aim for?
Larkspurlane @ neo
covet

Post by covet »

I'm clueless on BD for the most part, but this helps a little:

http://www.neopets.com/~Barbarian
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Nice, thanks for the link!

Ok, speaking of mutant pets, this must've been released during my hiatus(es), but I am loving it. The woe is, I am scared of the price (can't find any on TP). I might, however, start zapping acaras :D I would remove the brown from my design though.

Larkspurlane @ neo
covet

Post by covet »

Wow that's bizarre. it's like a mutant/wraith hybrid.
covet

Post by covet »

Maybe it's just me, but the difference in having a royal kyrii couple who actually look at each other really is striking.

Meet Caluella.

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=stariell
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Gorgeous!! You had unbelievable luck finding another VWN named one, in that short letter bracket (A-C), who was willing to trade.

Speaking of incredible luck, re: my post above...

o_o did that really just happen?
Larkspurlane @ neo