DIY Hacked Pokemon

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Madge

DIY Hacked Pokemon

Post by Madge »

Hi all,

I decided to make this board because I'm an attention whore or something.

Basically, you can make your own pokemon and I can send it to you. The possibilities are virtually unlimited.

As promised, Pokesav is the name of the program I and I think everyone else in history uses.

It can be downloaded from: http://projectpokemon.org/editing/pokes ... wnload.php - download the HG SS one, please.

FAQ on using the pokemon editor: http://projectpokemon.org/editing/pokes ... onedit.php

My version: ignore everything except the "party edit" box. Press "edit", the pokemon creation box will pop up as seen in the FAQ on pokemon editor. Edit your pokemon - if you miss something, the game will fill in the blanks so don't stress too much. Once your pokemon is finished, press "OK" and you'll go back to the main screen. Next to your pokemon's name, press the "save" button, it will save it as pokemonname.pkmn (or something like that).

Things to remember:
You won't be able to change your pokemon's nickname so make sure you like it.
To edit the gender, nature, shininess of your pokemon you need to click the "PID" button.
If you missed something or aren't sure how to do something,
Make sure you put it in a cherish ball.

Then email me the file at madgech@gmail.com along with who you are and a list of times in Australian Western Standard Time that you could be available for trading. I generally am only available from 5pm-9pm on the weekdays but weekends I'm available from about 10am-9pm. Use http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc - I'm Australia/Perth

Fuck yeah, I'm being demanding! Partly because I'm lazy and this will save me tons of time, and partly because this will weed out people who want a pokemon just for the heck of it.

Below is information from the old topic version, including a list of stuff that can be customised and, er, I think that's it.
Spoiler: open/close
What you can customise pretty much consists of the following.
  • Species
  • Name
  • Hold Item (eg masterballs, promo items)
  • Nature
  • Special ability
  • Shiny
  • OT name
  • OT gender (whether the OT name displays in pink or blue)
  • OT Trainer ID (note: I can't make the pokemon "owned" by you unless you send me one of your pokemon first as trainers have two IDs - a visible one and a secret one.)
  • Level
  • Happiness
  • IVs (basically, how genes for how strong stats are. Each stat has its own)
  • EVs (as above, but it can be controlled through hideous micro-managing of the training process. Not explaining.) [I can just "max natural stats" for you if you want.]
  • Contest stats
  • Date met
  • location met
  • level met
  • Ball caught with - this I will set to "cherish ball" (a ball which can only be obtained from official events, never in game) as a marker for the fact the pokemon was hacked.
  • Whether it has pokerus or not
  • Moves (can also use max PP ups)
  • Various forms/shapes (for burmy, wormadam, deoxys, unnown)
I can also make things that aren't possible - eg a torkoal with swift swim.

The above is what is possible with diamond/pearl - it may turn out that HG/SS has a different pokemon editing capability.
Couple of rules:
  • There must be some marking on the pokemon that it is hacked so you can't enter it in tournaments. This will take the form of a cherish ball being what the pokemon was caught in. Note that if for some reason you hate cherish balls, we might be able to arrange something.
  • I'm not going to create common, easy-to-catch pokemon with normal stats.
  • Please specify every single thing in that above list for your pokemon so I know what to do. If you don't know what some things mean, specify "whatever".
  • A sentence about why you want this pokemon would be nice, too.
  • Don't ask for too many. Six would be the complete absolute maximum.
  • I'm not taking one of your pokemon just so the one I hack can have your OT. Realy, I cbf. It will still have your name and ID as OT (as long as you supply them), you just get the boosted XP and the disobediance without badges.
  • Feel free to necro this thread. I am expecting it to be very low traffic.
Last edited by Madge on 31 Mar 2010 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pyrostatic

Re: Hacked Pokemon Made-to-Order

Post by Pyrostatic »

Madge wrote:Also, could someone explain how online trading works? I've never done it before except at the world trade station thing.
http://www.legendarypokemon.net/forums/ ... hp?tid=808

This thread can show you how to connect with Wi-Fi and such. I'll come back to your thread in the spring to place in my order for my dream Pokemon. I'm still trying to learn and understand what an Ot is, IVs and EVs...Yeah, all that fun stuff. xD
Madge

Post by Madge »

OT is the original trainer - if you look at a pokemon in your team now, you will see it will have "OT Pyrostatic" (or similar). It also determines whether the pokemon getst he XP boost for being traded.

As for EVs and IVs:
Individual values, also known as determinant values (both often shortened, respectively, to IVs and DVs), are the Pokémon analogue to genes. They are instrumental in determining the differing stats of Pokémon, most specifically of the same species.

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/IV
Effort values (abbreviated EVs and previously called Stat XP) are attributes which give bonuses to a Pokémon's stats and improve differently depending which Pokémon they defeat. These bonuses, in the form of effort points, are gained in addition to bonuses gained by increasing level. A Pokémon which increases in level using a Rare Candy instead of battling does not gain any EVs, making it weaker than a Pokémon who increases in level normally.

Roughly speaking, defeating fast Pokémon increases Speed better than fighting slow Pokémon, defeating Pokémon with high hit points improves HP more than defeating Pokémon with low HP, and so on. For example, fighting 100 Machop will improve a Pokémon's attack stat more than fighting 100 Abra of the same level, whereas the Abra will improve the Special Attack stat more. For a list of the effort points that Pokémon give away on their defeat, see list of Pokémon by effort value yield.

Gaining effort points to increase EVs takes a lot of patience and is very complicated, but is not required to complete the game; it is simply used to improve desired stats.
Also, the page you linked me to just details how to connect my DS to my internet connection, something I've done before. I more meant once I'm connected, how I trade with someone. I know it involves a friend code.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Ah...Mkay.
And sorry. I haven't played the latest games to know how to trade. I didn't know. ^^;
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh, online trading. You each get the other person's friend code (you can nickname them whatever you like, I believe), and then you both turn on your game, set your party up so that the pokemon you want to trade is in there, go to the basement of any Pokemon Center, and talk to the chick in the middle of the screen. She'll let you save and bypass her, and you go to a kind of waiting screen, and anyone whose code you've entered in shows up as a name on the list. You can set yourself up to trade, or apply to trade with them if they already have the little arrows symbol showing. You can also turn sound off at this stage--I think you hit select for that, maybe start. Then it goes to more or less the standard trade screen, where you select who to give and so do they, and you confirm, and you say "bye bye now" and the pokeballs go flying off into space and come down again.

This is all from memory (so possibly inexact) and mostly an excuse to ramble. The key is: basement of pokemon center. Anything else is obvious, really, when you get to that stage. And I think there's another npc in there who likes to explain things, or maybe it's a menu option with the main npc.
Image Image
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Ty explained it better than me, but yeah, that's how you wi-fi :D.

Also, request, if I may? c: I've always wanted a Meowth.
Spoiler: open/close
Species: Meowth
Name: Meowra
Hold Item: Master Ball
Nature: Sassy
Special ability: Air Lock
Shiny: No thanks c:
OT name: Carrie
OT gender: Female
OT Trainer ID: 24967
Level: 55
Happiness: 250
IVs: ..I have no idea what IVs are |D
EVs: Max natural stats, please |D -has no idea what EVs are-
Contest stats: Er.. I hope I'm doing this right. High Tough and Beauty, medium Smart and Cool, and low Cute.
Date met: 29 December 2009
location met: Flower Paradise
level met: 25
Ball caught with - this I will set to "cherish ball" (a ball which can only be obtained from official events, never in game) as a marker for the fact the pokemon was hacked.
Whether it has pokerus or not: Sure, why not.
Moves (can also use max PP ups): Flash, Rock Climb, Water Pulse, Icy Wind
Various forms/shapes (for burmy, wormadam, deoxys, unnown): N/A
Last edited by ZomgethMew on 29 Dec 2009 03:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Madge

Post by Madge »

Do you have a friend code or something so these pokemon may be traded?

I'm guessing we'll both need to be on MSN or similar at the same time for this to work. I'll also have to change my router's security settings. Blech, fun.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Yep, it's 1762-2697-8275 :3.

I don't *think* we do, but I don't wi-fi much :B And, that sucks e.e;.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I mean, we'll need to both be online at the same time, won't we? Or can you do a trade without both parties being present?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

You can PM the other person and say "load up your DS at 8 PM your time" or somesuch, so MSN and other messengers aren't necessary, but you do need to be online at the same time.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

I figured as much. MSN would be easier for me if you do have it though, because then you can just poke me and be like "heyyyy give me a pokemon".

So, basically, Mew, every time you become able to do a trade, drop me a PM that says "I'll be able to trade for another 4 hours" or something and I'll then respond if it's all good and we'll arrange things.

I've created your Meowth now, so it should all be well. You may want to get an everstone so it stays a meowth though :P
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Okay, will do :D Thanks~.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Question: Do hacked Pokemon still level up? I'm sorry if I'm annoying, I just want to clear things up. ^^;
Madge

Post by Madge »

Of course they still level up! They are exactly the same as normal pokemon - indeed, they CAN be indistinguishable. Mine won't be, a) because I'm lazy, and b) because it would be unethical, or something.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Ah, mkay...I kind of want to level up my future shiny Mightyena, so I might ask around and see. ^^