Neuro Galaxy

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Neuro Galaxy

Post by AngharadTy »

A good part of why is that you only have to click once to get to the next round. Instead of click weapon, click weapon, click spell, click submit... I know why there's so much to click, obviously, it's just a large part of why Subeta battling is sooooooo tedious.

Battling on NG would be better if I didn't lose to everything but bees.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Does it matter what species you use to battle with? Because Ty's not the first person I've heard say they're having trouble defeating most of the enemies while roaming, but I think my Froufrou has only been defeated once this entire day. I wonder if I have some sort of advantage by roaming through Lyra Road with a pet that has strong air stats or something.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Sheesh, I hope I didn't just pick a terrible newbie pet or something. I don't know. He did learn a new skill, Natural Armor, which is supposed to raise defense, except that it didn't--a thing hit him for 5 and then hit him for 5 again after I used it (more than once in case it's like pokemon and stacks to a certain point). Since he has 10 HP, uh... I dunno what to do there. Kill more bees? Super fun, since I probably find one every half an hour. Which works out, I can heal for free between bees! ;)

I gave the site a good try today, I don't know why, and I feel like I wasted all that time I spent on it. Ah well.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

AngharadTy wrote:I gave the site a good try today, I don't know why, and I feel like I wasted all that time I spent on it. Ah well.
Yeah, me too. I feel a little annoyed with myself for wasting that much time on the site today, since I very much doubt that I'll be back on after Subeta comes up. There just doesn't seem to be enough there right now to keep it interesting. It's not entirely bad, but I guess I don't see the point of investing in more than one pet site.

Oh, and my pet was doing okay with most of the battles, but a stump killed him. It's possible that he would have done okay if I'd healed him in between battles, but I dunno, the stump seemed pretty tough.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm not at all interested in any other pet site, I barely have time to care about Subeta, but I swear there's a funny joke in there about your pet being killed by a stump. That is, assuming this is a tree stump you're talking about and not a stump that's the result of someone or something's loss of a limb. However, that also seems to be the start of an interesting tale about your pet being attacked by hookless, peglegless pirates. Anyway, whomever owns Twippenfawl needs to add them to Neuro Galaxy to recreate your pets intercession with said stump just so I can say: Twippenfawl? More like Twippenfell! Am I right?! See, it's funny because fell is the past tense of fa(w)ll and ironic because they would have been felled by a stump instead of them felling a tree and thereby resulting in the creation of said stump.
Kari

Post by Kari »

It's got some good ideas, the battles are pretty streamlined and stuff, but there's not enough to DO on the site to make the roam times go by. Restocking gets boring and there's not enough users to make money from doing it. And I'm not interested in the forums. Also the shops page is hard to navigate and I hate having to do the extra click to get to the (tiny) list of shops.
derp
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

AngharadTy wrote:Sheesh, I hope I didn't just pick a terrible newbie pet or something. I don't know. He did learn a new skill, Natural Armor, which is supposed to raise defense, except that it didn't--a thing hit him for 5 and then hit him for 5 again after I used it (more than once in case it's like pokemon and stacks to a certain point). Since he has 10 HP, uh... I dunno what to do there. Kill more bees? Super fun, since I probably find one every half an hour. Which works out, I can heal for free between bees! ;)
I know you don't care about this, but for anyone who does: the enemies tend to be weaker closer to towns and stronger out in the other areas. You can beat a bunch of smaller opponents fairly quickly for a decent amount of experience points (make sure you have your roam mode set on hunt to find as many as possible). Make sure you spend your experience on more stats as soon as you get it (I'd focus on str, health and accuracy first, then defense, speed and luck... skill recovery's not as important). You also have to actually activate any new skills you earn (click on the pet, then skills, and click them to activate the ones you want). In addition, equipping elementaria can help you in different ways. Some of them are inexpensive.