Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Iggy

Re: Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

Post by Iggy »

Someone just said the four fighting legendaries, which are horselike, reminded them of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse and now, I am tempted to named them likewise.

I am currently on the road for my 2nd badge. The Zubat replacement is as annoying. But,I like the new common rock type. Training two of the new fighting types as well.
Madge

Post by Madge »

The full sprite gallery is out!

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/

This includes the sprites of all 649 pokemon, including the backsprites. There's full backsprites so it's pretty cool to see, like, a shiny charizard from behind.

My hope at the archaeopteryx somehow managing to look more awesome in non-screenshot sprite form was unfounded though:

But I guess, really, what was I expecting? :P
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Thanks for the link to those sprites, Madge. It's nice to see them with out the backgrounds and blurriness.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

The more I stare at them, the more I get used to them. The only ones that really disappoint are the flying legendary and the pallet swapped versions. I think my favorite is actually the candle - chandelier line. Also really liking the dragon types this generation. And the Wargle preevolution is just about the cutest thing ever.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

One of my biggest problems is that I like so many of the pre-evos and then not the things they turn into. I find myself going "awww--eeugh! aww--errrgh!" a lot.
Image Image
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

These are the official sprites? Ergh. Disregarding the pokemon themselves, some of them are just so... flat, and boring and Minun flying squirrel and seriously, you couldn't shade better than that?.

Some neat ones though. Pokeball mushrooms are win, and I like the fighting type that goes from lumber to iron bars to stone.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I love that fighting type too... as a civil engineering student, I must point out the "iron bar" is actually a "Steel I-Beam", AKA "Universal Beam" or UB, and the stone is a concrete cylinder. It sort of gives me civil engineer nerd-happiness that they had attention to detail enough to use an I-beam.

[/annoying corrections to anyone]

Also, the minun flying squirrel is my favourite pikachu clone yet. It's actually adorable.

But yes, I'm seriously considering using the civil engineer pokemon as I've dubbed it, despite the fact that I normally hate fighting types. Hopefully it'll learn some cool moves!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I have to say I'm really liking a good chunk of these. They do have a bit of a surreal feel to them but I always feel that way when a new generation comes out. Then I adjust to them and it goes away. I really can't wait to learn more about some of these. I'm even more excited about these games and can't wait for them. Though I must admit I'm bummed not having a new eevee evolution. **sighs and keeps dreaming of a ghost-type eevee** And I foresee me catching a lot of pre-evo forms and keeping them as they are just for their 'awwww' factor. XD

Oh and one more thing...
-Nageki and Dageki remind me of Bert and Ernie.
Ditto this. XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Does anyone else think that that monkey trio will be like the new Eevee? I mean they look almost too much alike not to have a common prevolution. Also I really wish they hadn't broken up the djinni trio with Reshiram and Zekrom - it makes the deck look a bit random near the end. I also think Kerudio should have been put next to the other three legendary Element/Fighting types.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Fury

Post by Fury »

I'm rather late but thank you Madge, for posting the sprite link! I said to myself I wasn't going to check out all of the new Pokemon and I was going to wait for the game to come out but OH WELL
Spoiler: open/close
Image This is amazing.
ImageImage These are a good design and it's nice to see some turtles!
Image SO CUTE
Image I love this. So much.

And for the ones I'm... not so excited about:

Image lmao
Image It's cute but... it's an ice cream. How would that even... attack?!
Image LMAO
Image I know it must be difficult to come up with new ideas when there's 600+ Pokemon out there but design-wise, this line is pretty shitty. I don't think I can get attached to cogs.
Image ?!?!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I dunno, I have never thought that noses drooling was endearing. The character in Windwaker who chases after you while snuffling his snot into his nose over and over terrifies me more than Ganon.
Image Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Aww.. But Desukaan is awesome. :P

There's a bunch I'm not fond of, but that's been the case for every generation. Hopefully we'll get sugumori art soon.
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

A lot of them grew on me the more I looked at them, I'm glad I didn't form much an opinion outside of AWESOME and meh.
Anyway, I'm silly and I like to organize myself this way, but I think my final team will be:
Spoiler: open/close
I'm still up in the air about the final pig but I know for a fact that I want that spider. I can't get over how amazingly cute it is and if I didn't have a fear of real spiders it would probably be in the run for my favorite overall <3
I also really like the ghost candles/lamps, Emonga, the eels, the Nazca lines, and Kigabo's line :3 and when I saw what the bats are actually based on it made me want one rather badly. Adorable little white bats D:

Did anyone else notice that the lizard line is holding it's shed skin? I can't tell if that's creepy or awesome.
Madge

Post by Madge »

It reminds me of a foreskin. That is all.

Fury

Post by Fury »

Madge wrote:It reminds me of a foreskin. That is all.

AAAAHAHAHAHA

That is one of the best, if not THE best Pokemon animation ever.