Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Fury

Re: Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

Post by Fury »

Madge wrote:My pokemans are about level 48! I just beat the Elite 4. I caught Reshiram with one quick ball. My first ball. I couldn't friggin' believe it, I was dreading the whole capturing thing. And ONE QUICK BALL :D :D :D

Anyway, here's my Hall Of Fame team (even though there's no Hall of Fame apparently?)

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rebecca ~ Taslima ~ Eugenie ~ George ~ Douglas ~ Jamy Ian

I also have a Deino called Neil who I hatched from an egg. I was trying to find some good IVs/Natures or something. Neil's about level 40 now. Thinking of replacing my Krookodile with him to reduce my grass weaknesses, since I *do* badly need a fire type. But not sure =/
Congratulations on the Quick Ball success! Funnily enough, a similar thing just happened for me:

I figured I'd go and catch Volcarona seeing as how I hadn't bothered yet. I was getting ready to sit and tap my DS aimlessly and soft reset for a long while but lo and behold, I caught him with a Quick Ball on my first try - and he's got a Timid nature. PERFECTORWHAT /nerrrd

After saying in my last post that I didn't want to replace Darmanitan, I've sort of gone ahead and... replaced Darmanitan. Yeah. There are too many kick-ass looking critters in this generation that I can't stop rotating my party members to try them all out.

Yamato ~ Rin ~ V ~ Hannibal ~ Majesty ~ Nana

I also finally got round to downloading the Liberty Pass and catching Victini which took friggin' ages. In the end, I settled for Quirky (neutral nature) as I couldn't be bothered to keep soft resetting. I was going to use him in my team but decided against it for now as I prefer not to use legendaries. I gave him the nickname of Muse, though!

Apart from that, I've levelled up everyone to 66 - 67 and am just about to explore the Challenger's Cave. I've found all the Sages bar one and Ghetsis and have been given the 3 orbs by those shadow fellas. Thrilling.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

PokeNerd warning:

I have been breeding Solosis...es... soloses.... I've been getting a lot of Solosis eggs in the hopes of hatching one out shiny. I found out that in this generation, the everstone nature trick works with foreign language pokemon. So, of course, does the power item IV inheriting trick. And the shiny rate is 6x the base rate, not just 4x. eeee! So I traded on the GTS for about five Japanese pokemon from that line and ended up with one that has a 31 sp atk IV. Yes! Combine that with a good-natured parent and I am well on my way to the shiny of my dreams. Except that I have been breeding these things for days and days and... man, just so many eggs. So many. I've been checking IVs on some of the ones that I've hatched and have a modest one with max IVs in sp atk, hp, and sp def just sitting there looking pretty. That is pretty damn awesome. I mean, I'm really happy about that! I'll train that one for battle no matter what--I don't mind duplicates; I have two Luxrays, three Garchomps, and probably half a dozen Absols. Heh.

It's all been worth it for these solosis babies. It would be more worth it if I could get my shiny... and then I'll start the whole process over again for the gigalith line. AM CRAZY. NEED SHINIES.
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I finally got White and am getting started. Dear me, this cat creature is such a wimp, but I've been promised it gets better. I'm having a hard time not reading all this thread as I'd like to have some surprises as I go through on what the new pokemans look like. But yay, pokemon!
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I finally beat the damned Breakout clone. After just collecting as many orbs as I could grab, I ended up with Espeon which was my first choice anyway. Confirmed that it's properly saved so it'll be good to go when the DW comes online.

I'm currently hatching for a shiny Rufflet but the Masuda Method is not liking me at all. Urgh. Shine already. I hope you're having better luck than I am, Ty.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Nope, so far public complaining hasn't helped. I've spent probably another ten hours on it. (I watched 5 movies over the course of a week, hatching eggs the whole time, hehe.) Painful!

I did trade for a good parent for a gigalith, though. Ehehe. I haven't even done it once and I'm already planning to do it again.
Image Image
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Oooh, Gigalith is an awesome shiny. I had a small list of shinies I was planning on hatching but it's taken me so long on this hunt that they're going on the back burner. Cannot deal with hatching eggs any more.

I hope the law of public complaining works out for you soon....it finally clicked for me! My 2,837th egg yielded this pretty little thing:
Spoiler: open/close

He's Quirky, alert to sounds, has Sheer Force as the ability and knows Peck/Leer/Aerial Ace/Rock Slide.

ID/Trainer name
In a double battle with his dad
I've just spend the past half an hour running around in the double grass with him and his dad. xD So happy to have got him at last. I've set the shiny as the default in my Pokedex. xD Love that feature.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Oooh nice! Congratulations! I do love that law of public complaining!
Image Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

Congratulations Alecko! Shiny Braviary is so very pretty. <3

Recently I've been battling through both Nimbasa Sports Stadiums to level up. I also decided that I had too much of a Flying weakness on my team so I swapped out Serperior and caught another Vanillish! She has evolved into Vanilluxe but she's still pretty behind the rest of my team.

Vienna the Vanilluxe ♀ (Modest) ~ Lvl 65 (Ice Beam, Hail, Flash Cannon, Acid Armour)
Rin the Galvantula ♀ (Modest) ~ Lvl 72 (Thunder, Sucker Punch, Energy Ball, Bug Buzz)
Frosch the Seismitoad ♀ (Serious) ~ Lvl 37 (Surf, Rain Dance, Earthquake, Sludge Bomb)
Hannibal the Volcarona ♂ (Timid) ~ Lvl 72 (Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Heat Wave, Silver Wind)
Majesty the Braviary ♂ (Adamant) ~ Lvl 72 (Fly, Brave Bird, Superpower, Crush Claw)
Nana the Mienshao ♀ (Adamant) ~ Lvl 72 (Drain Punch, Hi Jump Kick, Bounce, U-Turn)

Yeah. I'm a whore. I've swapped Carracosta for Seismitoad again as I had no ground moves on my team at all. Seismitoad is ugly as hell but hey, at least I can actually OHKO Electric types now!

I also caught a Timid Kyurem in a Master Ball. It only took 3 or so soft resets so that was pretty harmless! Now begins the slow process of levelling up Vanilluxe and Seismitoad...

P.S. If I am posting too much and pissing everybody off with my extreme geekiness, please tell me.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Nah, I like seeing the parties people are developing!

The volcarona I caught the other day is modest, so I am pretty pleased with that. Right now I'm using it to hatch eggs. I taught it fly so I can check their IVs really easily. Har.
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm still debating getting this generation of the game, since i tend to lose interest after beating the elites and end up not going after the completion of the 'dex, and i don't know if it'll be worth it to me. And i haven't found my DSi yet. :-p (stupid mass of unpacked boxes) I'm not sure which one to go with, white or black. I'll probably go black because of the name, and i like the looks of its legendary more.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Xelio wrote:I finally got White and am getting started. Dear me, this cat creature is such a wimp, but I've been promised it gets better. I'm having a hard time not reading all this thread as I'd like to have some surprises as I go through on what the new pokemans look like. But yay, pokemon!
Yeah, Purrloin is a little behind at first, but catches up after it evolves. I would recommend keeping Assist on it - it seems pretty useless now, but when your party Pokemon get stronger and stronger moves and toss out the annoying useless ones, it becomes a pretty nice wildcard that can save your butt at times (my game has a penchant for choosing a move that is always super-effective against the opponent... o.o).

I've been training Pokemon in what little free time I have, mainly while eating and between homework problems. I have two of my "perma" battling Pokemon, my Togekiss and Galvantula. Want to do the Breakout clone, but I get too much lag playing it, likely because the Flash plugin for Linux absolutely sucks. I'll probably play and beat it at the same time that I'm testing my portable wi-fi hotspot thing in my Windows 7 partition.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

http://en.pokemon-gl.com/

This is up now!

Havent tried anything on it yet, but I was able to get my code thing and put that on my profile.
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks for letting us know!

I guess you can only grow berries that you found there, none from your own game. That's... good to know, I guess. I found two oran berries, so uh, I hope that gets better.

The eeveelution I'm supposed to meet didn't show up. Sad!
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Well, I'm trying to make an account, but I keep getting told the date of birth I'm entering is not valid. There really needs to be some instruction on the format for that. I've tried day/month/year and month/date/year, with and without hyphens. If anyone could clue me in on that format I'd be most appreciative.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It was probably month/day/year, because I didn't even think about it. Try variations on the actual numbers--my birthday is 11/02/80, except when it's 11/2/80, or 11/02/1980.
Image Image