Minecraft

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Aqua

Minecraft

Post by Aqua »

Kind of surprised that there isn't a topic for this game yet.. Has anyone else become hooked on Minecraft? It's a sandbox game with zombies (and skeletons and creepers, but I know everyone likes zombies). I wasn't interested until my boyfriend made me play it recently, it reminded me slightly of playing with Legos. You have to buy it, but it's fairly inexpensive. I need to find more people to play multiplayer mode with. :P

Link: http://www.minecraft.net/

Edit: So super lag caused this to post a billion times, apparently. I'd delete the extras if I could. :x Sorry about that.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Minecraft

Post by Huggles »

Minecraft is indeed the bestest thing going on right now. I'd love to host a server for Neocolours, but I can't. :( I've played on a server with some friends who've built everything you can imagine, most of it involving lava and skulls. Aside from my meager cliffside hovel with no roof, I can't decide on anything. All I usually do is run out across the infinitely generated landscape looking at things and falling into holes.

Nobody likes creepers. They even hate themselves.

A NSFW review http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... -Minecraft

A series following the adventures following a dwarf and and a spaceman. http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos#p/p
Go to playlists and select Minecraft

The all important Minecraft wiki http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I just closed Minecraft to come here! Haha. This game is tailored for me; I love collecting things. So much.

I'm like Huggles; I mostly enjoy exploring. I can't even figure out why I like it so much. I just... there could be pumpkins over that hill! Or maybe a hole to fall in! Heh.

Here I will post pictures of my Minecraft worlds.
Spoiler: open/close
This is my house, in my first world:

And this is the view from my house's balcony:

I made a Mana Tree. Kind of slow progress waiting for trees to grow. Although I understand there is a brand new item that will help with that.

This is my second world, and what I accidentally did in it:

I installed a texture pack. Here's some scenery before the pack:

And here's some different scenery after the pack:

Here is my house from my second world:

And here is the temple from my second world:
I started a third world just the other day because my first two worlds are in California. And I am in Kentucky. So. Not much has happened in this world so far. Although I did happen to start my home-cave right over a gigantic cave system, so I already have a few diamonds, woo. I dunno what to build in it yet, but it has to be somethin' good. Hmmm.

Also, if we're posting youtube links: The Chicken Song. One of my favorite youtube videos ever.
Image Image
Faun

Post by Faun »

So, I played the old free version, Just to see if I would like it. It's so addicting. ;______; How good does your computer have to be to run the game without any lag?
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Not that good. You can set the draw distance close (hit the F key a few times) and I think you can even turn the graphics quality down if necessary. But it's a pretty simple game graphically, so it'll run on kinda crappy computers.
Image Image
Faun

Post by Faun »

Thanks. :) I have no excuse not to get it now.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Yeah, I've gotten into it, too. Recently hit some really bad misfortune, though. Died in lava, so I lost my diamond pickaxe and nearly 128 blocks of Obsidian that I was collecting for my conceptual entirely underwater base. *sigh* I ragequitted in frustration...will probably come back to it once I've gotten the rest of the stuff I need to do done.

I'm convinced that Creepers are the trolls of Minecraft. You're having fun, gawking at the scenery or eagerly exploring a cave, and then one shows up like it's there solely to ruin your fun and piss you off and blows up, likely killing you if you're not heavily armored. Heh, today I was running the clock for several basketball games, and I was tired and groggy, but I heard a long "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" sound and my adrenaline instantly spiked. xD
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

I bought Minecraft in alpha (investment, methought), but haven't actually played it significantly since. If there's enough interest, when I get my server up at home I'd be happy to set up an NC-only minecraft server to play on?
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I would connect, although I admit to having a short attention span. But I'd build some random buildings. I love random buildings. ;)
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I would go asploring and killin stuff! There are wolves, beds, and rain now. Although I'm not sure if anything other than wolves is working in survival multi-player right now.