Pokemon Black & White 2

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Pokemon Black & White 2

Post by Tom »

I got the game through on Thursday and am really enjoying it so far! I'm making 'slow' progress thus far and am making my way through Castelia Sewers. :) So far my team is pretty minimal:
Image Image Image
Vox - Veron - Presci

Koffing is surprisingly good, which is nice. Took me a while to catch a 'decent' one. Growlithe is also doing fine. I caught a Jolly one too. Azurill is tragic. It's tagging along at the moment, as it evolves via happiness. I'm hoping sooner rather than later here...

The rest of the team is going to be a Galvantula, Claydol and Jellicent. Jellicent was supposed to be a Glaceon but I found you can only access Twist Mountain after the E4 so that idea was trashed. Ah well, I always wanted to try Jellicent anyway!
Subeta: Thomas
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm done with Black, only have some postgame stuff to do, like catch Heatran and finish the National Dex.

My Black Team was Samurott, Zoroark, Cobalion(Who saved my butt more than one against Drayden), Crobat, Banette and Krookodile. And, Marshall was not as hard as I expected him to be, Banette took care of things.
I beat White in Challenge mode a couple days ago (It was underwhelming, tbh, aside from the Elite 4, it's not really challenging)

My White Team is Serperior, Camerupt, Hydreigon, Excadrill (With her DW ability,Mold Breaker, so that lady just went and slayed Ghetsis's Hydreigon like a boss,Eelektross and Jellicent. I beat the Elite 4 like, Thursday or something. I'm just just starting on postgame stuff.
Working on White Treehollow right now, currently starting Area 7.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Nice choice in names, Tom! I also have a Vox on my team. Love the name so much, can't have it on Subeta, very sad. But I have an Absol on every team and I always name them after vodka brands, and Vox is a vodka brand, so that worked out beautifully. She's my first pokemon to level 100, too.

Having beat the game, I've been working on expanding my team--which I always do, like a crazy person, but this time there's a real reason; those medals for beating the E4 with all ___ type pokemon will be much easier with my gigantic team. So far, I have these:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My brand new baby Vulpix has the Drought ability. wheeeee very happy with that. I have a DW Leafeon from when B/W came out that I'll pair her with. I just have to name him.

Can Keldeo be transferred back to White even though it's in resolute form? I don't have a water type on my team there. I did take Keldeo through the entire game, heh. But I only added Mewtwo after beating the Elite Four the first time.
Image Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hiruzen ~ Level 43
Okoi ~ Level 43
Tenzen ~ Level 43
Sakon ~ Level 43
Louis ~ Level 44 (waiting until he learns Psychic before I evolve!)
Koga ~ Level 43

I've just been Audino-grinding my Spoink to catch up with the rest of my team - I'm glad we receive the Lucky Egg early on in the game! - and wandering around the routes near Undella Town. I really love the updated cities!

I actually never realised Probopass learnt Electric attacks so he has become my Electric Pokemon. He looks ridiculous but that makes it all the more fun.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Man... I play in Dream World almost every day (...I really like Join Avenue), and I have to say, 20 waters a day is really not much. Now that people can have so many more rows of berries, and they expanded friend lists, I burn through my 20 waters within two visits unless I deliberately act stingy and spread them out among more "pals." Makes me feel selfish.

On the plus side, I'm almost done with my pokedex. There are only a couple spots I'm having trouble with. I have a moltres and a ho-oh, but they're on my soul silver team, so I hate to steal them (I quite like fire types; I also have a badass typhlosion there).

But what I really need is a kyogre. Do any of you have one to trade, even if only for a moment? I have a bunch of event legendaries and such if I could help out in turn....
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm making my way through the White Tree Hollow at the moment. All my guys are level 80-83, but my Genesect is level 88 since I've been favoring him the most throughout the Hollow. I really like the Tree Hollow, it's a great place to train. Plus, I get a Dratini at the end. On floor 7 at the moment.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm still all the way back at Clay's Gym. I ran into a problem with the Mustache team; having no pokemon with Fly drove me nuts. So I've been in the process of training up a whole new team:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

My flareon is actually still an eevee at this time, and I'd like to replace Dewott with the fossil turtle if I can find one before the post game. I'm liking this team a lot better, it feels more natural.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Joey, Skitty's sprite is ridiculously cute this Gen!

I've made some changes to my team:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hiruzen (Lvl 61) ~ Okoi (Lvl 61) ~ Tenzen (Lvl 61) ~ Louis (Lvl 61) ~ Roux (Lvl 45) ~ Finn (Lvl 61)

I've battled my way through Victory Road and have arrived at the entrance to the Elite Four but I decided to change a member of my team at the last minute; Scolipede got swapped out for a Ferrothorn just because I fancied a change. I'll need to get him caught up with the rest of my team before I take on the E4.

I've been enjoying the Hidden Grottoes even if I've only found one Pokemon so far; a Marill with the Sap Sipper ability.

Oh and I finally made the effort to change my WiFi settings so I can go online with this bloody game. I've done one trade on the GTS so far; I had to offer a Pokemon and let somebody come to me as everybody seems to be asking for Lvl 100 legendaries in return for their Lvl 15 Solosis... very annoying.

So if anybody would like to do some trade-backs in order to evolve their critters or you'd like to trade some version exclusives just let me know!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I got excited when one of the trainers in White Treehollow had a Moltres (if you see it, you can ask for it on the GTS!), but of course it turns out that area is special and doesn't count toward your pokedex. Mannnnn.

I really like the GTS, though. I've had quite good luck offering version exclusives (like a solosis for a gothita) or other equivalents (e.g., hitmonchan for hitmonlee). And vulpix is a pretty good trade item because people are hoping to find one with the drought ability. (And I deliver! Got my first drought vulpix from the GTS. Lucky.)
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

For people that are Dream World savvy, a new area opened up tonight, the Dream Park.

It's more likely to be accessed if you use a Normal-type pokemon.

The best thing about it is that Eevee is available there. As in, "25% chance to get a female" Eevee

Points are glitched right now. My highest game is at 43K points, so I didn't notice but I did notice with the one that was at 17K points.fix'd
Tom

Post by Tom »

I'm being tragically slow playing through the game! I'm enjoying it but think I might have OD'd on the mons before the release - I did Nuzlocke's in HeartGold and Platinum and completed an edited version of Black.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Veron ~ Vox ~ Presci ~ Rhombus ~ Saturn ~ Raef

We've just cleared Undella Bay and the route below (route 14?) and sit around level 40. I'm so happy Baltoy doesn't evolve too late - it was tending towards Azurill levels of useless. But as a Claydol, Rhombus is doing fine. Also, Poison has to be the worst attacking type. Well, there's steel too, I guess. But there's also a bunch of illogical stuff it's not very effective against - ghost, for example? Ground? Poor Poison totally feels shafted. I could see reason for it being super effective against Water and Bug (as it used to be), but as it is, Vox inflicts the burn and prays to avoid steel types hahah. He does stand up to hits nicely, though. Saturn was a breeze to train up; it really does have great typing. It was a pain to catch a decent Joltik but I finally ran into a Modest Compoundeyes one and it's been serving me nicely since. Um, I think that's about it! Just need to get a move on and complete it!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Someone put together a chart comparing all the typings and grass/poison came out very, very poorly. A lot of that is due to grass's weaknesses more than poison's, but poison doesn't rank highly either. My Gengar has sludge bomb, originally just as a placeholder, but I've grown to like it for handling a variety of foes. Because Gengar plus a STAB move is just lovely. (Poison/ghost has a low attack advantage too, but my guy is my main sweeper!)
Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Ooh that's super interesting! Thanks for sharing Ty. :D Very strange that there's never been a ground/fighting pokemon. It feels like such an intuitive combination! I can't say I have a lot of love for grass types, personally. The last one I used was, hm... Breloom in Emerald? I guess thematically they just don't really appeal to me; I'd much rather take a water or an ice or a ghost. My Plat team had 3 ghosts before I replaced Drifblim, the only mon I've ever ditched due to failure.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

If you buy B2/W2 from Walmart right now, you can get a (one use only, sadly) code for a Sinnoh starter that has its dream world ability. I am kinda sad that I already own W2 and don't really have an excuse to buy the other.

edit: Also, I got my first eevee from the dream world--male, of course. Still, I was pretty glad to see him. A female is bound to show up someday. Maybe I should just try GTS trading for Japanese female eevees--they're a lot more generous than Americans!
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Image Image