Pokemon X/Y

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Re: Pokemon Generation VI predictions/desires

Post by Silverevilchao »

It also fixes a GTS bug, too.

Personally, I kind of hope that they release a patch in the future that gets rid of the framerate drops in battles.
Aqua

Re: Pokemon Generation VI predictions/desires

Post by Aqua »

Got two shinies list night; one by accident (poliwhirl) and one intentionally (chaining, got a whiscash). Wonder if I'll be able to pull that off again, but first shinies I've seen in forever (last time was my first, in Sapphire).
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Pokemon X/Y

Post by AngharadTy »

I changed the topic title to be more specific to our current discussion. I also could have split it, but I like seeing the progression through this topic, and speculation before the games came out.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff can't learn Moonblast. Whyyyyyyyy. They can learn Incinerate, Strength, Brick Break, Ice Beam, Solar Beam etc. but not Moonblast? Come on. Being part fairy finally brought my two favorites *this* close to being useful competitively, but noooooo of course they don't get the best fairy STAB move. They can learn Dazzling Gleam, which is decent enough, but still. They evolve with moon stone but can't learn Moonblast? WHO DECIDED THIS I DEMAND TO KNOW.

Right now my team is Sylveon, Wigglytuff, Goodra, Vileplume, Aegislash, and Pidgeot, but it rotates a lot (and will even more once you can transfer from older games). So many good choices this time around. I want to try Mega Gengar, Mega Banette, Malamar, Gourgeist, Tyrantrum... the list goes on.

I'm so impressed by the music! I really love Anistar City's theme, and also Snowbelle's. And the theme when you battle your rival friend.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Espeon learning Dazzling Gleam makes me so happy. So much wonderful type coverage there now. :'D

I'm guessing that it's because they don't want the Jigglypuff line to become even more similar to the Clefairy line, which has more of a connection to the moon than the Jigglypuff line does.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I found the music a let down this time around. I do like Shalour City, Anistar City and a couple of others which I can't recall specifically. Team Flare, Gym Leader and Elite Four music was also done pretty well, but the Champion (music and all) was disappointing. I think most of them were just a little bland and didn't convey moods as well as BW, which really has fantastic music and memorable melodies. Chargestone Cave, which deepens in intensity the further down you go, and is incredibly atmospheric? I don't think they did that this time, which makes me sad. Unless I wasn't paying attention in Terminus Cave, etc, but I know they didn't in Reflection Cave. The Eastern routes of Unova were just brimming with a... misty sense of awakening, some of the most memorable music to me. And the cities were generally great too, my favourites being Driftveil and White Opelucid. I feel like the cities still have great personalities in XY, but the music doesn't do them justice.

The games are definitely great though. I have both X and Y. Completed X pretty quickly. I turned the EXP Share off by the fourth gym as I realised it was diminishing my enjoyment of the game immensely. The games have never been hard, no, but EXP Share was definitely a step too far for me. A bit like the Lucky Egg in BW; the game had a great pace and was fairly challenging before it, but after it the difficulty nosedived. My team was Greninja, Klefki (my fave!), Noivern, Malamar, Tyrantrum and Meowstic. The game does look fantastic. I'd never really realised how much the series needed an update, but going back to Platinum the other day made me realise; the steps have been enormous. Some of the sprites don't really translate so well; Hippowdon, Altaria and Togekiss all come to mind as disappointing. But they're few and far between. I'm doing a Nuzlocke of Y at the moment, EXP Share off, and it hasn't been too brutal. I've lost a few mons, but have just finished the Flare Lab section, so don't have that much further to go. It's been fun though! I'm taking a bit of a break with Dual Destinies, but I'm looking forward to coming back to it.
Subeta: Thomas
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

I actually really, really like the music. Maybe it's because I paid attention to the orchestration more lol. Hearing clarinets and oboes all over the place made me really happy! :D But yeah, the music isn't as catchy as earlier gens, but that's been a problem since bland-ass Gen IV. Well...maybe catchy isn't the right term. I find myself humming the music from the game occasionally, it's not just something I remember hard enough to make a remix of it, with the exception of the Kalos Power Plant theme. Like, wow.

Togekiss is just one of those unfortunate designs that has never translated well to 3D. :S That was true for this game and Battle Revolution, unfortunately, and even its animated sprite in 5th gen to a lesser extent. It's just a very stylized, cartoony design. The 3D helped the more complex designs (Hariyama, Aggron, Crawdaunt, pretty much any "large" evolved Pokemon really) immensely, though. Especially since all of the models are new, which means that they generally follow the Sugimori artwork much more closely than the old models did (also, Machamp has fingers now). It just doesn't work as well with simpler, cartoony designs, like a lot of pre-evos. :S Not that they're UGLY, but...

Speaking of the graphics, dude, the animations of the Pokemon themselves are damn fantastic. I've yet to come across a single one whose movements made me underwhelmed...they all move so damn well when coming out of the Pokeball and attacking. Just watch Doublade attack or Espeon get sent out or even just Noivern's idle animation...daaaaaamn.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Pokemon X/Y 2 - Pokemon Z?

Post by Nogitsune »

I hope this fits into this thread. All generations so far have had a third game (or, in the case of Black and White, a third and fourth game) that completes them: Red And Blue/Green had Yellow, Gold and Silver had Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire had Emerald, Diamond and Pearl had Platinum, and Black and White broke the mold with Black and White 2. With X and Y out, it's only a matter of time before either X2 Y2 or Z comes out, so I figure I might as well ask what folks would want to see in it (assuming, of course, that Nintendo doesn't do something totally unexpected).

With only sixty-nine new pokemon (that we know of) I wonder if Nintendo might surprise us by releasing even more new pokemon for the region with the Z/XY2 game. It would be different than any other series so far, but I'm not sure it would be out of possibility.

Whilst on the topic of speculation, I've heard rumors of three possible event-only legendaries running around hidden in the game: Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa. Are there any thoughts on these three? Also, any thoughts on other odd things in X/Y like the Strange Souvenir with the odd pokemon or that Hiker that talks about a region unrelated to Kalos or any other previous regions?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Not sure who still reads this thread or not, but our local game stores had a "Shiny Gengar" event and I have 3 codes for shiny gengars that haven't been used. They also come with mega stones. Pretty neat! Anyone want one?
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

If they're not region-locked, can I get one? I missed the shiny gengar event. :(
Madge

Post by Madge »

I will PM it to you!
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Bit late, but I'll take a code if you still have a spare going Madge.
Subeta: Thomas
Madge

Post by Madge »

They're region locked (my region is non-US non-Japan, so if you have a british 3DS you will be able to use it, I should think), the distribution is over, and all are spoken for. I have two diancies but one's for me and one's for a sweetie. I might pick up some more if I drop by the game shop, if you want one.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

So, this is bumping a really old topic, but I finally got Pokemon X (am somewhere around Anistar City and really enjoying the format tweaks). Does anyone else here still play and want to be friends? :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I have about a billion breeding projects, so if there's some pokemon you need badly, post here about it. I keep building teams because that's my favorite thing to do, hehe.
Image Image