Pokemon Sun and Moon predictions and desires

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Pokemon Sun and Moon predictions and desires

Post by Nogitsune »

Okay, I know the games for X and Y came out less than a month ago, but apparently Ken Sugimori is already talking about changes to pokemon coming in the next generation. With some of the odder things I mentioned in the X/Y tread about possible new lands, I can't help but wonder if they're planning to do something other than Pokemon Z (or, should that be Pokeball Z? :wink: ).

I showed the first link to AngharadTy and got her approval to start this thread.

For myself, I'd love to have starters that were dual-type through their entire evolutions like Bulbasaur - Ivysaur - Venusaur. I could see there being Grass/Rock, Fire/Flying, and Water/Fighting (Grass would need to have Rock to avod having either a dual weak to Grass [Water/Rock] or a dual weak to Water [Fire/Rock]). Of course, they could also have Psychic, Dark, and Fighting - as long as there's not another Fire/Fighting type.

I'd also love to see any of the dual types that aren't currently used for separate pokemon. I know for some folks it doesn't matter if it's Rock/Ground or Ground/Rock, but I find the possibilities fascinating. Finally, I really hope for a Posion-type legendary. Poison is the only type that has no legendary pokemon.

Other thoughts, hopes, desires?
Last edited by Nogitsune on 01 Sep 2016 04:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Iggy

Re: Pokemon Generation 7 predictions and desires

Post by Iggy »

We are not getting gen VII for a long, long while

I want a Steel / Fighting / Fairy starter trio. Grass/Fairy, Water/Fighting and Fire/Steel, ty.

Two of them have 4x weakness, actually, one to poison and the other to ground, but it's more interesting than Dark/Psychic/Fighting, due to the existence of an immunity rather than a resistance.

I want IV out, or visible. Trying to figure out IV is a pain in the ass.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Pokemon Sun and Moon have been announced! They'll be out sometime later this year, apparently (probably near Christmas). E3 is going to be June 14-16 this year, so hopefully we'll start learning more then if CoroCoro doesn't start sooner. Anyone else excited?
Madge

Post by Madge »

So excited!!! I can't wait for the new fossils :)
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm just looking for any news about Pokémon Go.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So did they ever do anything with the extra Zygarde forms that showed up in a magazine? Definitely feeling that Gen 6 was a little shallow if Sun and Moon don't do anything to revisit it.

Hope we get some cool new pokemon designs in time for pumpkin season :D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Those Zygarde forms show up in Pokemon Picross. Sorta counts?
Image Image
Runic

Post by Runic »

So Pokemon obtained in the VC releases of Red, Blue and Yellow can actually be placed in the Pokemon Bank, and will be transferable to Sun and Moon once they're released. However, they will not compatible with the current generation of games, XY and ORAS.

This reminds me of a similar issue with Gen 3 making it impossible to transfer Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon up to because the Determinant Value (DV) system was dropped in favor of the Individual Values (IV) system. With this in mind...could we be facing a whole new values system for 7th Gen? One that will allow Gen 1 and 2 (GSC are coming without a doubt to the VC) to finally become compatible with the latest and greatest games of the series, as well as completely overhaul Gen 3 to 6 as we knew it?

I'll admit, after having learned the IV system and its quirks, I'm a little nervous at how much may be changed, but on the other hand, I'd love for a simpler system because it would hopefully deter cheating with powersaves and generating for the overall good of the competition scene, as well as make it accessible for those who can't be bothered with the numbers (it's really not that difficult) but still want a powerful Pokemon nonetheless.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

The new starters have been announced! http://kotaku.com/these-are-your-pokemo ... 1775713166

There are also previews of the two new legendaries near the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... n25hijDL7c
Madge

Post by Madge »

I am not super excited by these starters but I bet Litten evolves into something badass.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Finally, I can take part in this thread after buying myself a 3ds! I am cautiously optimistic about these starters...except that weird sealion which looks like the bastard lovechild of Dugong and Marrill.
Madge

Post by Madge »

To me it looks like the samurott redrawn into a more "old school" pokemon style. It's hideous, though.

And I'm not sure what everyone sees in the owl but hey if everyone picks it my fire kitty will slay.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I am SO excited about the owl starter! Half of it is wanting the fan creation Desperowldo, but half is just liking owls, darn it.
Image Image
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Since it will start at 722 (whether or not Rowlet is the first one), the ending number is going to be the interesting one.
Gen 6 had the fewest at 71. If it has the same, the end number will be 794.
Gen 2 had 99-100 (depending on where you count Mew). If it has the same, the end number will be 821 or 822.
Gen 4 had 106. If it has the same, the end number will be 828.
Gen 1 had 150-151 (depending, again on Mew). If it has the same, the end number will be 872 or 873.
Generation 3 had 134. If it has the same, the end number will be 856.
Gen 5 had the most at 155. If it has the same, the end number will be 877.

I'm going to guess it's going to be near the 800 end of things, though maybe not beyond it. That would allow them at least two more generations before the numbering system will need changed. If they keep going with fewer mons to allow them to milk this as long as possible, then it could be fewer than 71. Personally I'm hoping it's not.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon predictions and desires

Post by Nogitsune »

To keep up with things, there are currently 39 new pokemon.
Spoiler: open/close
Given that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, and Pikipek all have two more evolutions and Rockruff has at least one, that means there will be a minimum of 48 new pokemon. It's very likely, however, there will be more than that. Solgaleo and Lunala are a legendary duo and it's likely there will be a third member (probably Psychic/Dark since both Solgaleo and Lunala take extra damage from Dark-type attacks).

Bounsweet, Salandit, Crabrawler, Morelull, Komala all could have at least one more evolution as well, which would raise the number to 54.

Tapu Koko is the guardian deity of Melemele Island and is Electric/Fairy. There are three other islands so it's possible there are three other guardian deities. Tapu Koko is also a Land Spirit Pokemon - so there may be a Sea Spirit Pokemon (Water/Fairy), Volcano Spirit Pokemon (Fire/Fairy), and Sky Spirit Pokemon (Fairy/Flying, Flying/Fairy, Ghost/Fairy, or Psychic/Fairy). I'm not sure of the typing, of course, but Oricorio has four different formes (Fire/Flying, Electric/Flying, Psychic/Flying, and Ghost/Flying) depending on the nectar of flower it drinks from one of the islands so it could be that if there are other spirits, they could follow similar themes.

It's also possible the four may be able to somehow combine into one being to form something that looks like a totem pole. I'm basing this on how Tapu Koko looks with it's arms closed (near the bottom of the page here, which sort of looks like a head. If all this holds up, that means there will be at least 58 new pokemon.

Except for Gen II, there have always been at least two new fossil pokemon (each of which has two stages). If this holds true here, then there will be 62 new pokemon. Assuming they'll have the 71 minimum pokemon, that means there will be at least 9 more.
Last edited by Nogitsune on 03 Sep 2016 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.