Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Well, I beat the E4 today. At like 95 hours. I'm such a slacker. Still need to catch the three fairy things before I can go palparking.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Joey wrote:Well, I beat the E4 today. At like 95 hours. I'm such a slacker. Still need to catch the three fairy things before I can go palparking.
I warn you: Azelf (Valor) is bloody hard. You don't need to catch Mesprit (the one that runs around) to complete your Dex. :)
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

I already had a pain in the ass with Uxie. Stupid thing. I need to train up a crazy stat messer upper before I try again.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Here's a hint- battle them at night with all balls that you can get. Go after them with Quick Balls first, then move on to Dusk Balls, Ultra Balls, if it takes too long, eventually move on to Timer Balls. If that doesn't work, get a lot of friends with OTs and try the Lottery for more Master Balls.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Azelf and Uxie are in caves; you don't have to battle them at night. Dusk balls have a 4x capture rate (ultra balls only 2x). Dusk = win!
Image Image
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Oh yeah, I forgot. Still, Dusk Balls are really great.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Dusk balls worked WONDERS for me Joey, as did the tricks I told you about in AIM - bringing out Dialga to help lower her PP and then using Uxie because Uxie has fucking awesome special defense :3 And like Ty said, USE DUSK BALLS!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

So yeah, caught Uxie and Azelf. Uxie didn't give me as much trouble as the first time I tried. Got his HP down to a few pixels and 6 dusk balls later she was mine. Azelf was slightly harder, but not the big deal I had heard about. The first time I tried I accidentally fled after she KOed my third pokemon. Second time I tried she didn't even KO my Lucario before I caught her with a dusk ball. Uproar fails against steel =D

Transfered some of the giant Eevee hoard and a freshly caught Ditto named Jango Fett from Fire Red. I'll probably transfer more from other games later but I'm bored and tired from DDR.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Azelf and Uxie were both easy, but Mesprit is being a silly little thing and running into me when I don't have the Hypnosis/Mean Look Gengar I'm borrowing.

And I still haven't beaten the E4 because my team is weaksauce.
derp
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Oh my Arceus. I just caught Giratina with about six Dusk Balls and a Chatot. I love it. Unrelated, I've sent thirteen Spiritombs out to people so far. Well, eggs, but still. Thirteen is a whole lot. I feel warm inside when I think about it.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm stuck in Stark Mountain with this guy who.. well, yay, he keeps healing me, but it's still irritating. ;P It's like free experience, but still. Claydol and nothing else! Honestly. What kind of team is that. (And I... I keep, erm, accidentally attacking the Claydol. Sometimes the touch screen reads a double tap. Really irritating.)
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

As I type this, they are airing the Lucario movie on Cartoon Network..which has the original cast..D: oh got the nostalgia.

Lol, Im moving to get my 5th gym badge, wow Im slow
Image Image
ImageImage
Fish

Post by Fish »

I am totally OT.

God I want this game ;_;

-Cries a little that Nintendo abandoned the Gameboy just after she got a shiny little GB-laptop-thing-
<B>highly</b>FLAMMABLE<I>animal</i>
<a href="http://subeta.org/userinfo.php?user=158800">See: Feezl</a>
kerg

Post by kerg »

I've had Diamond for awhile now, but haven't posted about it. But now I am, beause Azelf. Is. Evil. Arrrrrrg. :x I got its life down low, and then tried to put it to sleep with my Bibarel using yawn. But it kept using uproar, so I put out Dialga and kept healing/ reviving/ throwing Pokeballs at it unti it ran out of pp for uproar. Then I actually managed to put it to sleep, and what did I do? I accidently ran from it. *headdesk* This thing is a pain in the butt, I spent at least 20 minutes in that one battle, and went through 20 dusk balls, 3 timer balls, and 8 ultra balls and still didn't catch it. I think I'm going to go insane. :shock:
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I had no problem catching Azelf, strangely enough. I Roar of Time'd it or something on the first turn, knocked off almost all its HP, and then used a quick ball on the second turn.

I could not catch Uxie for the life of me. Several times I had it asleep and down to what must have been 1 HP, and dusk balls STILL wouldn't work. Rarwarhg. Eventually I just gave up and killed it so I could get my National Dex.

Mesprit seems more irritating to catch than its worth. I think I'll probably hold off; I don't even really use Azelf (although I did for the E4).
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.