Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Oh, I'm so glad you got one. I came on here to tell you that my friend couldn't find a Trapinch to trade to me yesterday, so I don't have mine yet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

If there's anything you need at all, I can probably get it to you within a week, including a natured Trapinch in an/not in an egg if you want (I always like hatching mons I used on my own games so I'm the OT - but not sure if it'd bother you). My friend is getting a DSi - I just have a Lite, so connecting to our WPA connection is a tad frustrating as we share internet with our neighbour, and the router is in his flat. However, my friend should be coming over, or I'll head over to his, so yeah, any requests for basic Pokemon and I should be able to fill them, as my dex is almost complete! I'm thinking about downloading a Diamond ROM, too, and using my friend's R4 as I'm still missing the exclusives from there and that's all that I want. :P
Subeta: Thomas
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Watch as I necromance this thread with a completely relevant request!

So I've been playing on my Platinum version, since I had never beaten it. And I went through all the trouble of breeding a good team and growing enough EV removing berries so I can EV train them all nice. Except that my pokerus pokemon got immunized accidentally, so I can't spread it around anymore.

So basically I just need a pokemon with pokerus on a gen IV game so I can spread it around to my other games in hopes of not being an idiot and losing it again. Anyone want to help me out?
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I can trade you something! I'm free until the weekend 9-6pm GMT assuming nobody else is in (I have to downgrade the router which disconnects all of the computers connected to it.)
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Joey wrote:So I've been playing on my Platinum version, since I had never beaten it. And I went through all the trouble of breeding a good team and growing enough EV removing berries so I can EV train them all nice. Except that my pokerus pokemon got immunized accidentally, so I can't spread it around anymore.
Wait. You are EV training a team just to beat the game?
You know it's not necessary, don't you? Even if you plan to battle online using that game it's easier to train after beating the game.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Joey definitely knows it's not necessary to EV train just to beat the game. But it IS a hell of a lot of fun to see how high you can push stats. I EV train on every game and I hate competitive battling. I just have more fun with perfectly trained pokemon, and if you ever want to try the Battle Tower (or game equivalent), it sure helps a lot.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

What Ty said! Although I wasn't too clear, I think. I hadn't beaten Platinum when if first came out, but I picked it back up again a couple weeks ago after getting bored of it being winter in Black. I beat most everything and now I'm wanting to EV train the team post game. I never EV train on my first runthrough, I'll either do it for a second team or go and EV berry them.

I'll take you up on that offer, Alecko! I'm 7 hours behind, but we can figure something out.